The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#22 LadyRhiea

LadyRhiea

CPPB

• Project Team
  • 784 posts
  • Projects:RJ-ROTWK

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:44 PM

Fingolfin - Guess he's not good enough for those by passers who just went by like. psssh stupid fin. *go look at another topic*

Attached Thumbnails

• fingolfinpreview.jpg

Edited by LadyRhiea, 14 August 2006 - 05:49 PM.

Posted Image

I'm not smoking anything, I'm just Japanese.

You guys better hope I don't get hired by EA one day, sorry, I meant interned for very low wages

#23 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:49 PM

he's good. the face needs some work, though. there is a line in the middle and he looks like he's smelling something stinky
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#24 LadyRhiea

LadyRhiea

CPPB

• Project Team
  • 784 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:57 PM

For some reason, I feel like my quality of work is like my height. It's stunted a nd dosn't change while everybody else gets taller. ;)

Posted Image

You guys better hope I don't get hired by EA one day, sorry, I meant interned for very low wages

#25 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  • Projects:Valarian mod studios, Kingdom of heaven mod co-leader
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:06 PM

hmmm I like it, but did fingulfin have a shield, I guess it does not matter, its still some really cool work ;)

That render is pretty awsome!

but I think you should unwrap the armour on the shoulders :ninja: .

Edited by Feanor, 14 August 2006 - 06:07 PM.

'I can harness the very energy within the walls of this place, and bind them too me, I can turn the air in your lungs to fire, and you....you are nothing more than leaves in a storm, did you really think you could face me here and survive'

- Ammon Jerro, Court Warlock of Neverwinter, lord of Haven

#26 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:06 PM

Fingolfin did have a shield, as did the vast majority of soldiers in Middle Earth.

Rhiea, your skin/model looks very good, although not how I'd imagine Fingolfin at all. Then again, we all have our own opinions on how Tolkiens characters should look, so I won't sit here and complain about it
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#27 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:14 PM

just in intrest what is your idea of fingulfin, if I had to do a tolkien based fingulfin, I would do him in embroidered white clothing, with a band of stars on his brow, ummm he would also have a white shield lined with gold trimmings (just looked it up, I found that he does have a shield), umm he would a slim sword that glows white.....

well thats how I would do him.

If I had to do a morgroth, I think wuld base him on saroun's armour etc, and gond (hammer of the underworld) was actuly like sarouns mace, perhaps they are one and the same..... umm I would give him a crown like the witch kings with the three simarils, one on each point of the crown.....

Edited by Feanor, 14 August 2006 - 07:18 PM.

'I can harness the very energy within the walls of this place, and bind them too me, I can turn the air in your lungs to fire, and you....you are nothing more than leaves in a storm, did you really think you could face me here and survive'

#28 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:18 PM

Well, you know my love for chain mail so I'd probably give him a nice coat of chain mail, with a white bit of cloth layed over his upper body, bearing the symbol of his house. His shield would be a dark blue with diamonds encrusted in it, also probably bearing the emblem of his house. He would have black hair (prepares several quotes for anyone who says he was blonde) and a great helm on his head. His sword would be a silverish colour, but with a slight hint of blue.

Anyway, enough random rambling about how I'd imagine Fingolfin. Any particular reason you made this model/skin Rhiea? Or was it just for your own amusement?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#29 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:50 PM

hmm well my thought is it would look umm odd, being plastered with the emblem of his house...

#30 Argolis

Argolis

Big Crazy Modder.

• Project Team
  • 337 posts
  • Projects:The Wars of Arda
  •  The modding jack-of-all-trades

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:17 PM

Whether an Emblem looks good depends purely on how tastefully its used. Plastering it all over the design rearely looks good.

The exception being shields and banners of course.
I do not kill with my hand.
He who kills with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.
-The Gunslingers Catechism
Posted Image
NEEDED: Modeller/skinner and 2D artist for Wars of Arda. PM me. Please.

#31 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:19 PM

Well, you know my love for chain mail so I'd probably give him a nice coat of chain mail, with a white bit of cloth layed over his upper body, bearing the symbol of his house.

Yay for overuse!

Looking great, Rhiea. Like I said on MSN, some more pointy armour bits to make Morgoth look wider would be nice to try. Fingolfin is coming along well: just try to blend the emblem into the rest of the skin a little more seemlessly (I know you can *points at your brilliant palantir combinations*).

Keep it up!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 LadyRhiea

LadyRhiea

CPPB

• Project Team
  • 784 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:19 PM

Actually my Fingolfin's design is originated from one painting and one photo. The painting or drawing, whatever it is, has both Fingolfin and Morgoth in it where Fin- is pointing his glowing blue sword at Morgoth's black armor where it is nicely highlighted by the blue lighting on his armor plates and red from his hammer. The blue and white came from a photo I found of Fingolfin, and you know my love for real pictures xD So it used silver and white, using these two photoes I just mixed and matched until I got this which i'm pretty happy of. :3

I made Fin- for fun, I was thinking about replacing Mordor's balrog with summoing Morgoth for a while (LORE BREAKING!) with a spell called Banishments Broken, and ONE of the Elven palantir spells is summoning Fin-.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mirkwood.jpg
  • Elnaith.jpg
  • Glorfindel.jpg

Posted Image

#33 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:24 PM

:thumbsup: pretty dam awsome, but I see vaps LA armour in there (not that he put anytime into it) ;)

pertty cool I love it :lol: :dry:

btw the forged blade looks like a light saber lol ^_^

Edited by Feanor, 15 August 2006 - 03:25 PM.

#34 LadyRhiea

LadyRhiea

CPPB

• Project Team
  • 784 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:29 PM

It's not Vapulas, I took it from from Alleycatscratch, take the top plate reverse it verticaly then put one beneath it....

but thinkg about it. Elves + Lightsaber = GALACTIC DOMINATION!!!

Edited by LadyRhiea, 15 August 2006 - 03:30 PM.

Posted Image

#35 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  • Projects:Visions, The Four Ages
  •  Not active

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:43 PM

Hmm... the first elf's face resembles the looks of a ghost - it's too pale :dry:
And by the way.... Glorfindel wasn't from Mirkwood ;)

EDIT: Also, on the pale ghost elf's "mouth cloth" - it doesn't go all the way round and somehow it's just staying there.

Edited by Mullers_11, 15 August 2006 - 03:44 PM.

Retired

#36 LadyRhiea

LadyRhiea

CPPB

• Project Team
  • 784 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:45 PM

Nor is the Elnaith, I added these screenshots after I posted the mirkwood ones. So I guess my modeling and texturing skills aren't good enough to your standards eh? Oh well I understand, I remember that Hasharin was pretty spiffy with all that black.

Edited by LadyRhiea, 15 August 2006 - 03:47 PM.

Posted Image

#37 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  • Projects:Visions, The Four Ages
  •  Not active

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:49 PM

Nor is the Elnaith

Guess I didn't read their names ;)

So I guess my elves aren't good enough to your standards eh?

I never said that. I was giving you constructive criticism, use it to your advantage to improve it.

Oh well I understand, I remember that Hasharin was pretty spiffy with all that black.

Rhiea, I didn't insult your work, I think it's pretty neat. There's a fine line between constructive criticism and insulting. I think most people here know I was helping you. Now get over it.

Edited by Mullers_11, 15 August 2006 - 03:52 PM.

Retired

#38 LadyRhiea

LadyRhiea

CPPB

• Project Team
  • 784 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:56 PM

I was just testing to see how you'd react ;) worried for a moment how it'd come out though.

Posted Image

#39 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:38 AM

Nor is the Elnaith

I hate that name... Damn GW... The name translates as "Elf Point". I guess that could work out to "Elven Spear"... but I could swear that GW's Elnaith had swords...

Bah, doesn't matter. Everything's looking quite snazzy, Rhiea. I really like the first Mirkwood guy's face, it looks fantastic. But, as has already been said, he could stand to have some colour :rolleyes: .

Great work!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2006 - 08:44 AM

actuly it is the pic vap used lol in his LA armour so I was partly right lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users