MO 2.0 // Mission Discussion, Tips and Tricks

• Please log in to reply
544 replies to this topic

#41 Anarchy87

Anarchy87
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:41 PM

How am I supposed to complete white scars? Everytime I have my base half built up I get smacked by the abrams/mirage/prism etc. and how am i supposed to stop that rocketeer? ( :p )

and no, building up the hill with the sniper and oilpumps doesn't help. (or is there any other tactic to complete that mission.)

#42 cdmtx(YR)

cdmtx(YR)

title available

• Hosted
  • 624 posts
  • Projects:Command & Conquer Destiny

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:45 PM

I DO!!! I kill the adept the chaos drones the slave miners, the bunkers, the buildings, then I use terror drones to scout the map more. AND NOTIN

I did it without rock patch so I know it's not that, there's always something hiding on one little black square that you don't see and don't expect to be anything there. I know it can get very annoying, but its fun when you totally annihilate the last unit with a huge army.
:p
PS Im back!
Command & Conquer Destiny, a brand-new YR modification here on Revora, led by myself cdmtx(YR).
Please check out the forum for this brand-new modification. Click Here

Command & Conquer Destiny trailer released!! Take a look Click Here

I need a Maper and an assistant coder. If you are interested or want to start getting involved with moding, please contact me on MSN, AIM, or PM me.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 PAT THE BAKER

PAT THE BAKER
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 02:26 PM

I'm going to wait for rock patch then play as epsilon, then play soviet missions
YOUR IN TROUBLE!!

#44 Zeldrin

Zeldrin
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:34 PM

Too bad for you Pat, just hope you'll like the mod when you get it. It would be a shame to wait for so long for something you don't like at all.
I'm The Father of All Bombs

#45 Twilus

Twilus

Your Mother's Father's Uncle's Moustache!

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  Music forum poster

Posted 06 August 2006 - 01:54 AM

If he doesn't like missions theres always easy skirmish..
I refuse to have a signature.

Oh wait...

#46 copamundialman

copamundialman
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  • Projects:Wargames
  •  The Last Spartan

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:10 PM

build lot's of seraphs and adepts and your pretty much done.

?? I can't build Adepts... :p

~And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our souls
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll~

å Lar sola slår ned på min ansikt, stjerner fylle min drøm jeg er en reisende av begge tid og å skille, være
hvor jeg vært sitte med eldste av den mild løp, denne verden sjelden sett De samtale av dager for som de
sitter og venter og all åpenbart

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Huh?

#47 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:51 AM

But you get Adepts and a Mastermind on the beginning. Remember to take care at least of one as you have to capture Romanov.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#48 Zeldrin

Zeldrin
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:16 PM

I once tried to use a Driller APC to get a few Adepts beyond enemy lines, i had just forgotten that captured units can't enter other units. I felt pretty stupid right there.

#49 copamundialman

copamundialman
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  •  The Last Spartan

Posted 08 August 2006 - 12:42 AM

yeah i used master mind and got to capturng romanov but forgot to take out the Batl bunk he was standing next to... :blink: ah well gotta go find some motivation to reload the mission from my save and try it again

å Lar sola slår ned på min ansikt, stjerner fylle min drøm jeg er en reisende av begge tid og å skille, være
hvor jeg vært sitte med eldste av den mild løp, denne verden sjelden sett De samtale av dager for som de

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Huh?

#50 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

Dragon Awesomeness for the Win!

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts
  • Projects:FC Alpha tester, Enigma Advisor

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:12 PM

Speeder's made a fiendishly hard campaign,:)

In Epsilon mission 2, there's a hidden dreadnaught in the northwest corner. Very useful for tesla coils. It can't hit stuff two cliffs up from the sea, though. The missiles fly off the screen if you try. :p

Help needed with allied mission 1, soviet mission 1 or epsilon mission 3. Advice for any is apreciated.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Zeldrin

Zeldrin
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:48 PM

A single tip for Soviet mission 1: Keep Looking

#52 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 06:57 PM

Thanks, but that's not the problem, my problem is that I'm being swarmed.

Is counter-swarming with rhinos a good idea?

Edited by nemoricus, 08 August 2006 - 07:04 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 copamundialman

copamundialman
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  •  The Last Spartan

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:26 PM

being swarmed is part of the mission... in mission objectives it says to defend the base... i think

just defend...

and keep looking

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Huh?

#54 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:48 PM

Hmm...Trial and error for soviet mission 1, I suppose.

Allied Mission 1: How do you keep Tanya alive after destroying the psychic dominator? After blowing it up, she was attacked by flak tracks.

Epsilon Mission 3: How do you defend against that large tank assault? I didn't even have an MCV yet. What about that rocketeer?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 tubehead

tubehead
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:58 PM

Well, I've beaten an Allied and Soviet campaign on easy level (well, it was as hard as hell ;)), Epsilon is yet to be done. In Allied missions 1 and 3 I was lucky enough to have a Tesla tank (Allied 1) and Driller APC (Allied 3) in a power-up crate after destroying a truck. So, especially with an APC that can go virtually unnoticed through ANY terrain, destroying the nukes was childish. There was no way I could do it without an APC :(. Allied 1- it looked as if there was no safe way around the railgun tower for Tanya. But having a TT (eventually an elite one) was a big help. First I destroyed Bio Reactors, and then... more Bio Reactors, and the last things were the other structures.

Allied 2 (destroying slave miners and a grinder)- a real PITA, but I could do it. I rushed railgun towers with enforcers, ensuring that there was no infantry around (snipers did that :lol:) and made enforcers approach miners at a safe distance (to shoot and not to be shot :grin:). The surviving slaves were used as scouts and cannon meat, but they also played a very important part later on. Then I took care of seraphs (hell, I still thought that gattling cannons were an anti-infantry defense like in YR, so I avoided them), walked up to the northern wall, destroyed barrels... I also blew up Bio Reactors to keep the power down. Gattling tanks were no problem, and the Master Mind... I destroyed it with slaves! You really have to see some people picking on a big brain on caterpillars with SHOVELS! With the power down, the mission was virtually done. Oh, and a nice way to avoid having all your army turned into Brutes was to scatter the soldiers. The only people in a group were slaves (again, they turned out to be really useful- a distraction for a genetic mutator).

Allied 3- first I ordered both SEALs to go thru the river, to the right. In a small camp, there was a truck (loaded). I destroyed it and was REALLY lucky- there was a Driller APC in the crate. So, I packed the SEALs, blew one nuke silo, then the next one... I also made as many GIs as I could afford. I cleaned the terrin to the top with a sniper, then deployed the GIs on a mountain (the Lasher tank came and got destroyed). Beware: sometimes Yuri sends some Shadow tanks or chaos quads, they're best to be destroyed from a safe distance. I placed my Sniper further and further, making him blow up all barrels I could see. Then I advanced with GIs and destroyed occasional tanks, I also used an APC to transpotr my sniper to the cliff on the top (beware of the UFOs patrolling the area!) so that he could eliminate Brutes. Then I packed a SEAL to an APC and placed it next to a Psychic Dominator. I destroyed it with a SEAL...

Allied 4 (destroy the time machine)- very easy for me, absolutely no problems. Allied 5 (guard the border)- I sent 8 chronoed Mirage tanks to a hill near the wooden bridge (so I didn't have to care about ground units) and built LOTS of patriot missiles. When everything calmed down, I made several prism tanks and sent them (with Mirages of course) to the enemy base, wreaking havoc and destroying everything I could... apart from flak cannons (two groups of 8 Harriers took care of them easily).

Allied 6 and the last- the big problem was the UFO rush. I used all IFVs I could spare and survived :grin:. Then I had to fend off some rushes, but that wasn't that hard... I erased one nuclear reactor with a chrono legionnaire, the second one was destroyed by four Barracudas, so Yuri had no power... I chrono'd black apocs into the water and then used CLs to erase black guard.

Soviet 1- nothing special, but finding the hidden units was a real PITA.

Soviet 2 (destroy nuke silos and demolition trucks)- rather hard, but possible. I noticed that when a dog is running on a patrol (so not after you), it won't be aggressive. Destroying nuke silos weren't that hard after all. Of course I tried to blow as many structures as I could, including a nuclear reactor. Destroying trucks wasn't problematic.

Soviet 3- a fine covert operation job, and sometimes I had to keep Chitzkoi away from tanks unless I was ABSOLUTELY sure that Boris wouldn't shoot a Chitzkoi-infested tank and kill the cyberdog. Again, no problems.

Soviet 4- I loved this mission, it was a bit reminescent of the Allied one in RA2 where you had to put a spy into a battle lab and blow nuke silos up. Very easy.

Soviet 5- I discovered that Yuri attacked my MIGs with his UFOs and I sent the aircraft somewhere else, and the important thing was to place siege choppers between MIGs and UFOs, so that they shot the discs down. I was prepared to do this everytime I heard an "enemy air armada detected" announcement. Destroying the base with a Centurion was a breeze.

Soviet 6- I immobilized the shadow tanks with infector tanks and sent the siege choppers after them. Of course the Centurion's barrel almost melt down because of all that shooting :grin:. The only thing I had to watch out for were terror drones. The crawler caught one near an oil derrick I captured earlier (so I could build a service depot and repair a robot).

Soviet 7- I did the job at the bottom (capturing structures with Emperor tanks and then selling them for some change). Beware: after you load a savegame, ALL crates will be lost! That's a nasty bug, and to avoid it, I had to play the first part (destroying defenses at the bottom) without loading. Then I built a temporary base at the top (if I had some time, I'd capture the buildings at the Red Square) just to set up a war factory and service depot at the bottom, build a MCV and construct everything there. Centurion did a fine job destroying a Psychic Dominator and nukes were good for blowing the Kremlin up. The only things I didn't like in this mission were the mobile illusion devices.

Soviet 8 (the last one)- it was a very nice and rather easy mission when the brilliant idea came to my mind. I destroyed everything I could in the middle (Yuri's base on the shore) with the ships, leaving a conyard. Then I set up my base (building some battle bunkers and LOTS of flak cannons). I built a nuke silo and satellite uplink ASAP, the next superweapons were a Chronosphere and an Iron Curtain. Attention: in this mission (at least at an easy difficulty level) the nuke reload time was 1:05 or something like that. Whoa, now we're cooking! The weather control device reloaded normally though, and I didn't use it. I also had no time for developing the Epsilon technological tree. I nuked the heck out of Bio Reactors, so Yuri no longer had power and his superweapons were no threat. I built a Centurion, destroyed some structures with it (to make it elite), chrono'd it to the upper left corner of the map, protected it with an IC and destroyed the Mental Omega...

Epsilon 1- I set up the base, captured a tech outpost and built a refinery there. Then I guided all Lashers there to protect the ore. With Crazy Ivans and Viruses, I could take care of the right base (obviously destroying Tesla reactors first- I feel a wild satisfaction when the enemy has no juice. I used Virus and two adepts to take care of the left base (there's nothing better than captured apocs for destroying sentry guns! ;)), captured oil derricks on the top and approached the Red Square's entrance with Virus after destroying battle bunkers. The further job was really easy, so was capturing Romanov too (I had to be cautious of any enemy units).

Epsilon 2- I found the dreadnought I read about here, but didn't use it. I send both Driller APCs (with engineers, initiates, Viruses and adepts) to the damaged barracks at the back of the base, captured them and a bio reactor (I sold it along with 8 BR's in my base- I didn't need them and packed the Initiates and Harpoons into the existing ones to compensate the power drop), then I revealed the island successively with a Psychic Reveal. I sent the APCs to the highest mountain, dropped them off, made some initiates and transported them there, destroyed a sentry gun and a Tesla coil. I had Viruses shoot the infantry, then I captured a nuclear reactor (the Tesla coil was busy shooting at it and my initiates destroyed the sentry guns and that coil ;)). After the whole operation, I sold it. I used my initiates to take out the "safely accessbile" Tesla reactors and captured two Scuds with adepts (you have to move them away ASAP, otherwise the nearby Hydra will destroy them!). I destroyed the nuke reactor below, and a Tesla reactor on the top (I could safely approach it when the power was down). Whoa, no power. Then I could destroy as much as possible with Scuds and capture an Apocalypse. Watching out for terror drones, I destroyed the enemy defenses. I captured the cloning vats and used the paradropped adepts to capture several units... Then I made some giant squids and used them to sweep the sea, rocking every damn submarine on the radar!

Epsilon 3- right now I'm trying to beat it, let's see what I'll achieve. A word of advice: keep all Brutes you make with Rahn- it'll be a significant army to take care of large tank rushes.

Edited by tubehead, 08 August 2006 - 10:07 PM.

#56 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:26 AM

Wow! This is what I call a solution! Good job man! :p

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#57 Zeldrin

Zeldrin
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:39 PM

YEEEEEEEES!!! Great Job, Tubehead

#58 comm4nd3r

comm4nd3r
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:16 PM

:( um hi all new here

a m8 of mine has introduced me to mental omega and 1st off i think is great thumbs up

but im having problems i completed 1st allied mission and the second i found a little hard
so i decided to start soviets i am currently on mission dragon dance and i have located the psychick amplifier but i cant get near it to capture it there is 2 access points and both are heavly tree'd

how do i get past the trees i cant kill the trees as i only have 2 drones 1 flack track and 2 engys
well 1 engy after capturing the power plant

plz help me out here im going insane ;) ;)

um it doesnt matter anymore i dont know why but the 1st time i captured the barax i couldnt train units just a dud building but i re captured it and it worked its strange but i completed the mission

Edited by comm4nd3r, 09 August 2006 - 08:35 PM.

#59 copamundialman

copamundialman
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  •  The Last Spartan

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:47 PM

all hail tubehead!!

he has brought us all a solution!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Huh?

#60 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:13 AM

@comm4nd3r:

Tesla Troopers are the key. Use second engy to capture abandoned barracks at the south and train some of those, there are few cash crates around the map (don't save and reload as they'll disappear). Force Tesla Troopers to destroy trees and you are there.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users