• Please log in to reply
544 replies to this topic

#61 tubehead

tubehead
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:20 PM

MO Epsilon solution, continued :)

Mission 3- it was a real pain in the ass for the first couple of times, but I managed to do it. Capture five cars with adepts and get them to grinders, make two engineers and order Rahn to shoot some civilians. Then capture the sixth car (it should have at least 3 places for infantry!), get both engineers and some brutes (beware of a sniper somewhere- that's why I told you to pack some brutes too) into it. Go through the forest and past the hospital. You'll find a cliff and two oil derricks there. Now everything you have to care for is your little base's defense. Make as many brutes as possible (there are some civilians on the pitch near the prism tower), and if the enemy forces come, smash them. The hardest thing is to take care of Abrams tanks- you have adepts (make some more if you want to), so mind-control them. They're really nice- laser cannons as an anti-infantry weapon and normal cannon for destroying vehicles and structures will come in handy. I've noticed that the assaults stop when your first objective is achieved. After building a radar dome, you can make a Gattling cannon or a Harpoon to kill the rocketeer(s). OK, the hardest thing is no longer a problem. Set up your base, but DON'T deploy slave miners yet! The Allies would attack them with all their units, so wait until you disarm them a bit. The enemy base is in the lower right corner, and is accessed via bridge. There is an Allied tech outpost too, it didn't attack me on an easy level. I made a Speeder trike and packed Harpoon into it, and then I used it to kill rocketeers in the upper right corner. The trike was then used as a "Rahn's attack vehicle" just like the one he arrived in. I destroyed the fort only with Rahn and brutes. Everything you have to do is set up a Psychic Dominator (it will be an expense, so after clearing the area of the enemy units you can deploy slave miners). For me, the mission is bugged- the enemy shouldn't make rushes in the first part (I think it has something to do with the "completed" objective to build a psychic dominator- you still have to build it though).

Mission 4- kinda deja vu, right? Kill soldiers with Virus and capture tanks using adepts (there will be three paradrops- 4 adepts and AFAIK 6 initiates). Now listen and obey. There is a Soviet base in a lower right corner. Capture any civilian car and use it as a recon unit, get Virus as close to the base as possible (avoiding the sentry gun), go into a base with a car. The Tesla coil should be fully visible- kill two Tesla troopers, an attack dog and all conscripts with Virus. With the captured Grizzly tank destroy the building at the bottom, near the base, so you'll be able to go safely past a sentry gun. Use all your tanks to destroy both sentry guns (use EXTREME caution not to blow barrels up!) and let the "bottom" one be destroyed first, mind-control both engineers, get one to the baracks and the another to the tech oil derrick. Now you can safely blow barrels and the ammo crate up. Make many conscripts and garrison virtually all buildings (there will be some unsafe ones- the prism towers will destroy them with no problem, but they'll be too far for conscripts to shoot). Destroying the P.T. in the bottom left corner of the base is crucial. Watch out for snipers (you can eliminate them with Virus or garrisoned buildings- just leave your infantry far away from the Allied base). You'll see the President walk near the corner with a destroyed prism tower, but don't mind control him yet. You need to make sure that the area is clear- get Virus in the position between a building you used to shoot the prism tower, use any tank to make a hole in the wall, get a bit in with the tank and run out, shoot barrels with Virus. If any units go after your tank, the soldiers in the building will take care of them. Now you can take Dugan and get him to the warehouses. He'll be an easy target for snipers unless you garrisoned the buildings and lead him near the map edges. Mission accomplished!

Mission 5- I used magnetrons to pull the IFVs, and UFOs could destroy them without any harm. There will be some ships- wanna see how a vessel looks on the ground? Magnetrons will come in handy here. If the area is clear (no IFVs or Aegis cruisers), you can get the UFO to a small base on the left end of the bridge. Bring the enemy to his knees by attacking any powerplant with a floating disc. When the nuke is ready, destroy the time machine. The other disc can be successfully used to attack the base (watch out for IFVs, use magnetrons too). Free the prisoners, capture the conyard and some other structures. Place the second UFO over a powerplant next to the top base exit, get the first one outta there. You can destroy pillboxes and structures with floating discs, but you'll have to use some other units to destroy defense structures and power plants. The further job won't need any special tactical skills (just watch out for Mirage tanks, destroy barracks and war factories ASAP).

Mission 6- one of my favourite ones. Get the Shadow tanks past the bridge, wait for Starflares to blow the gate up, go down and destroy the first defender on the cliff and the second one in the valley, near the barracks. Place all infiltrators close to the ore refinery. Go (from now on, all commands will be for Shadow tanks unless stated otherwise) north to the shore next to the first two powerplants, destroy them. Run over some infantry to make both tanks become elite (auto-healing and stronger cannons will come in handy). Go north, quickly run past the pillboxes near the shore and destroy the defender. Go back to the shore and take care of powerplants. Go right until you find a wide valley. Watch out! Guide both tanks one by one by the right cliff and stand safely next to the Grand Cannon. Destroy it if you want to, but you'll have real problems with taking the base offline in this part. The choice is yours. Destroy the defender (the one that detected you), go into the base, destroy powerplants (watch out for prism towers). If the Allies collected all the ore, put two infiltrators into the refinery- you should get well over 40K credits, which will come in handy later. The third infiltrator is the one you'll get into the tech center, guide him like you did with the Shadow tanks. You need to destroy the gate. If you didn't take care of the Grand Cannon, you'll take the power out easily. If you destroyed the GC, the things will be a bit complicated, but still possible. Place STs in front of the gate so none will have to rotate, attack and IMMEDIATELY stop. They'll get cloaked again and the prism towers will have no time to react. Do so until you destroy the gate. Infiltrate the tech center. If you didn't take out the powerplants yet, there are four of them in the newly discovered terrain, just near the tanks. Just watch out for Grizzlies and robot tanks. You also must stop the assaults on your reinforcements. Capture four Mirage tanks with a Master Mind, destroy pillboxes with magnetrons, place the Mirages where the pillboxes were. Nothing to defeat that line of defense... unless the enemy destroys the Master Mind! So build as many Gattling cannons/.tanks/etc as you can, you should also have a salvage disc over the Master Mind. Okay, now for the assault. The power should be down. Destroy the first war factory you encountered ASAP (well, that means "after you took care of the Mirages and shut the power down"), make many UFOs and i.e. 10 Harpoons and two Driller APCs. Go right to the Chronosphere and destroy it. Order your floating discs to take care of the base, finish the remaining defenses and powerplants (you can ensure that the Allies will have no power by placing a disc over one of them) and voila. To be continued tomorrow (I wanna sleep REALLY bad now and I don't think I'll hold on much longer...).

#62 lefthand

lefthand

Free Agent

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Projects:Black Alert
  •  Propagandist

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:42 PM

In the 4th Soviet mission, because of the radiation bug, I used a spy and made him walk all the way up to the Yuri barracks. Once there I had the spy reveal himself in front of a bunch of Yuri infantry and once they killed him he left a nasty radiation field around the barracks. Because the radiation field never went away it melted any infantry that the computer would try to make after. Brutes, yuri clones and etc. all melted and not to mention the majority of troops that were previously guarding the base.
After that I easily took over the base with engineers with little resistance.
In the 3rd Yuri mission, I found it easy to capture the oil derrecks, create initates and use them to occupy civilian buildings on the right side of the river. This generally took care of the abrams, robot tanks and etc. except the prism tanks. The prisms were cleaned out by brutes. If you can bottle neck the Allied armour rushs into these civilian buildings you should do fine. Taking them head on with brutes and yuri clones required too much micro-managing and was a little too close for comfort.

This was on normal.

Edited by lefthand, 10 August 2006 - 08:52 PM.

Posted Image

#63 tubehead

tubehead
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:22 AM

Continued

Mission 7- Rahn's railgun has a very nice range, so destroying prism towers wasn't all that hard. After destroying the structures I went to the Allied base (not directly by the road, but by a hole in the wall I made with the Brutes) and took out the first prism tower at the entrance. Then I disposed of the second one. I cleared the terrain (of course the enemy defenses were down because I blew all the powerplants out). Watch out for the sniper on the cliff behind the construction yard- there will be no warning! Send some Brutes as the cannon meat and take the sniper out with Rahn. There will be another sniper on that cliff, again with no warning. Use the same tactics. Now proceed to the Soviet zone (use caution because of Iron Dragons and terror drones). If you spot an ID moving towards you- run the hell away and get Brutes to destroy the tank! Go a bit further in front of the wall (if you find a terror drone, destroy it) until you're by the lake. Make a hole in the wall, then destroy the flak cannon and the reactor. I found out that it's NOT necessary to blow it up (destroying an Iron Curtain is enough), but it's always good when the opponent has no power. Now you can take care of the Curtain- shoot one barrel and run to the lake. Now watch the Soviet army destroy the remnants of Allies ^_^. Move in with your UFOs and take the forces out (using Rahn and the surviving Brutes to demolish what the discs can't).

Mission 8- the last one, the tough one. The first thing is to set up your base. You can use one of two designs: with minimum or maximum spaces. The first one is good if you want to use a psychic interrupter to cover your structures or force shield to defend them in case of a nuke attack. The second one will provide minimal damage if the enemy attacks with a nuke. There is an oil derrick on the hill to the right (explore a bit) and a Kirov in the valley to the left, capture it with an adept or a psychic dominator (if you plan to construct it- I didn't). The second option is good because you'll have a permanent control over it. Build some floating discs and rush the enemy base (againg, shutting down the power). I made a mistake of attacking Centurion too early- the enemy will send (almost) all his units to destroy your base. Unless your base is invisible, before taking care of the crawler, sell everything you have apart from a war factory and a tech center (and maybe a bio reactor to make production faster). Make as many UFOs as you can and attack the crawler. Watch the enemy rush your base. If they kill the adept you used to capture the Kirov, it will be gray again... and attack the enemy. Protect the airship with floating discs- it mustn't be destroyed, or else you won't be able to blow the defense structures up. Make sure the base has a blackout, and order your UFOs to shoot the ground (if a Kirov passes close to them, it won't be attacked). Keep a disc in the middle part of the map to dispose of enemy soldiers running away from the airship's bombs. The base should be taken care of soon.

#64 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

Dragon Awesomeness for the Win!

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts
  • Projects:FC Alpha tester, Enigma Advisor

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:57 AM

Wow, stratagies galore. ^_^

In the first two allied missions you really have to know what your units can and can't do.

Allied Mission 1-Send Tanya around the map to the right and go counter clockwise keeping to the edge of the map. Once you get to the Epsilon base, draw out the enemies 1 or 2 at a time. Once enough are destroyed, go blow up the dominator. The rest is simple.

Allied Mission 2-Use your snipers as scouts, epsilon citadel walls almost always mean railgun towers, avoid at all costs. Don't attack the base until you've destroyed the other slave miners and the grinder. Beware of the mastermind and virus. You have to manually keep the enforcers out of range of the slave miners.

Still trying to actually beat the mission. :p

EDIT: My copy of Mental Omega seems to have the same bug as tubehead's. Are you supposed to be rushed at the begginning of epsilon mission 3? It says that the psychic dominator has already been built. If it's because of this, could you fix this Speeder?

Edited by nemoricus, 11 August 2006 - 07:38 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#65 sunstrider

sunstrider
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:42 AM

Then capture the sixth car (it should have at least 3 places for infantry!), get both engineers and some brutes (beware of a sniper somewhere- that's why I told you to pack some brutes too) into it. Go through the forest and past the hospital. You'll find a cliff and two oil derricks there.

Good mission guide, but how do you prevent the oil derricks from being destroyed when the Allied start the big rush?

And as far as the sniper is concerned, i would send the terror drone to him. He is near the Tech Police Station, behind the oil derricks.

greetings, sunstrider.

#66 Anarchy87

Anarchy87
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:11 PM

In soviet mission one,I cannott find the "last units" I have base stretched across the entire map, there is not a singel mine with out a refinery besides it. (yes I even got the one ontop of the left hill..yes the one with gems ontop of it.)

only a few tree's remain, the one at the hunting groups spawn (got tesla towers all over the place..), and several on the remainder of the map.

Any advice on what I should try next?

#67 BlackWinter

BlackWinter

Beta Tester

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  Returning Tester.

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:13 PM

try the top center of the map, for a yuri who'sits in teh bushes and the idle engineers at the bridge.

#68 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:34 AM

@sunstrider: Place brutes at the edge of the cliff where units will come in, works very effectively.

Epsilon Mission 4: tubehead has a great strategy for this mission. Add rushing. Lots of various rushes. Rushing works beautifully. This game seems to have a liking for rushes.

I am now a Virus. ;) Nice touch speeder, having infantry names be the ranks.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#69 BlackWinter

BlackWinter

Beta Tester

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  Returning Tester.

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:54 AM

I am now a Virus. ;) Nice touch speeder, having infantry names be the ranks.

What on gods green earth does this meen? ranks?

#70 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 11:17 AM

At the top of the mission completed screen is what rank you currently are.

Does somebody have a picture of this screen?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#71 Anarchy87

Anarchy87
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:50 PM

try the top center of the map, for a yuri who'sits in teh bushes and the idle engineers at the bridge.

Already killed the yuri while I attacked the upper base, also the engineers were rather easy to spot so, it aint them.. ;)

Question is, whats left.
I'l likely post screeny tommorow or so.
:p

#72 BlackWinter

BlackWinter

Beta Tester

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  Returning Tester.

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:06 PM

then you should kill all of the hedge-hogs, you know the black-X looking thingy(s).

There mostly in the north west. atm i dont know if they count as epsilon biuldings or not but I killed them and won sooooo....

#73 Anarchy87

Anarchy87
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:45 AM

Ok I'l try that after work, hope it works . :D

#74 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:04 AM

They don't count...

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#75 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 11:09 AM

I've beaten epsilon missions 5 and 6, here are my thoughts.

Mission 5:Tubehead's stratagy is good for this mission. You have to look everywhere to get all the mirage tanks. I missed a pillbox ;) took a while to find it and blow it up.

Mission 6: Again, tubehead's stratagy is good. If you blow the chronosphere, the enemy sends everything they have at you, make sure you're prepared for it. Makes it very easy to finish the mission though. Have detectors for Defenders.

Mission 7: All hail tubehead's stratagies. You'll need Rahn to blow up the patriot missile on the cliff if you don't mutate the sniper on it. There's also two flak cannons that are across water that also need Rahn to blow up. It's a lot of fun watching the two sides go at each other. :ninja: One sided fight though, I'd crippled the allies by going through their base. Heh, heh. :p

Umm, why hasn't anybody posted yet?

Anyway tubehead's stratagy for epsilon mission 8 needs some more details.

Epsilon Mission 8: Until you attack, you're not attacked. Make sure you're ready to go on the offensive when you do. Get all non-assault vehicles, units and infantry out of your base before you attack or they'll be nuked. STAY AWAY FROM THE CENTURION SIEGE CRAWLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you attack it, the enemy rushes with all available forces. My adept got killed but the kirov went on a anti-soviet rampage :) . Keep your radar to spot units, and build magnetrons for what Floating Discs can't kill. I blew up the nucleur reactor last. Very fun to watch blow up. :grin:

Speeder, excellent epsilon campaign, no changes are needed except more par time for the second epsilon mission. Perfect otherwise.

Below are the ranks you get after each mission. The ones I know anyway.

Epsilon Mission 1:Veteran Initiate
Mission 2: ?????
Mission 3:Harpoon
Mission 4:Virus
Mission 5:Epsilon Adept
Mission 6:Nightmare
Mission 7:Assassin
Mission 8 PsiCorps Elite

Fourth edit I believe. Any advice on beating allied mission 3?

Fifth edit. Wow.

Soviet Mission 1: Just build lots of units. Especially flak to shoot down floating discs. Just rush. Only real stratagy.

Soviet Mission 2: Head north after disguising your sabateours. Stop at the oil derrick to avoid being squished by speeders. Once at the base, only move when the adept/dog patrols are moving. Set up at both nuke silos and blow them up simultaneously. Use the apocalypse atomic tanks as the main part of your attack on the demolition trucks. Two are in the base, one is southeast of the base, and you'll have to find the others.

Soviet Mission 3: Use your typhoons to start the attack by attacking the battleship. Use the akulas to shoot down the ASW aircraft. Then focus all your firepower on one ship at a time. Once Boris and Chitzkoi arrive, start heading north. At the next road keep chitzkoi away from the tanks. Use Boris to destroy all resistance. Avoid a floating disc further north by moving when it's out of range. When you reach the base, destroy all the bio reactors you can to shut down the power. Then destroy the dominator. Build IFVs to destroy floating discs and head north to meet Boris and Chitzkoi. Put Chitzkoi in an IFV and explore the entire map to destroy all Epsilon forces.

Sixth edit. Tell me if that's a record or something.

Soviet Mission 4: Very easy. If you can't beat this mission, that's just sad. Just spend money on what you need. Nothing more.

Soviet Mission 5: Very hard. Build mostly antiair units and assault their naval yard. Weather the storm until you can build the centurion. Their base is a sitting target. Especially if you take out their power. If you start construction of a centurion, DON'T CANCEL IT! It says that a critical unit has been lost.

Soviet Mission 6: Save often in case of hanging. Seventh edit. Just build siege choppers to complement the centurion. Ore is to the north and west, but you need to blow up shadow tanks to get it. Search the entire map for those shadow tanks.

Soviet Mission 7: Attempting to beat at time of edit. Eighth edit. Ninth edit. Take your forces west then north. Use the Centurion to blast anything that gets in your way. It also detects cloaked. Leave Soviet structures and vehicles alone when possible. They'll be given to you after you destroy the psychic dominator. Head slightly west after the double bridges and blow up the cloaked war factory and barracks there. Watch out for terror drones. When you get reinforcements, just set up a base, nothing special. Cross the east wooden bridge and blow up every bio reactor and floating disc you see. Use the Centurion to blow up the psychic dominator's defenses and the device itself. Then pray your computer is on the cutting edge as the fight that ensues is MASSIVE. During the chaos, barracks, war factories and masterminds are your main targets. Build AA weapons near your nucleur reactor to shoot down starflares. The only hard things to find are: the cloaked airpads in the southwest corner of the base; the nuclear reactor southwest of that and between civilian buildings; and, my problem, a nuclear reactor hidden on a plateau in the southeast corner of the map.

Soviet Mission 8: That...is one cool building. I'll blow it up tomorrow.

Edited by nemoricus, 18 August 2006 - 09:48 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#76 sunstrider

sunstrider
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 04:16 PM

My experiences with some missions:

Sovjet Mission 7: When you get reinforcements, just ignore them. Buildung up a base is just a waste of time. You get a base when you destroy the Psychic Dominator. I managed to secure the south base. I was lucky as i got a warfactory and a service depot ---> MCV.

Allied Mission 3: This mission is unbeatable unless you get a useful item from the crate(s). At first i was very lucky because i got a nuke-attack with which i destroyed the Epsilon warfactory beside the Psycho Dominator.
Then i managed to destroy the entrance of the base (shooting at barrels!) and to reach the loaded truck near the Psychic Sensor. This was the most annoying part of the mission: i reloaded and reloaded and reloaded for hours - i nearly got crazy Posted Image - till i got an useful thingy: cloack (for my SEALs). I simply ran through all defenses to the Nuke Silos and blew them up.

Edited by sunstrider, 19 August 2006 - 10:04 PM.

#77 sunstrider

sunstrider
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:12 PM

Now i have beaten the last Allied mission. My hint for this mission is that you should build a lot of robot tanks, when you seem to be to slow to power off Yuri's base cause the Psycho Dominator will take over a part of your chronoed units (especially the IFVs, which are a protection against the Floating Discs). So you should build also some patriot missile sites.

But i have a question. After i finished the mission there is the following sentence: ".... but Yuri appears to be no longer Kremlin". What does that mean? Does it mean, that he is no longer in the Kremlin? Or is he defeated?

#78 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 11:20 PM

I guess it would mean that Yuri vanished. Is Speeder hinting at a sequel? I hope so.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#79 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:47 AM

Damn, read the latest new item - it says everything about Allied campaign.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#80 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:14 AM

Oh, sorry. I thought sunstrider had beaten the eighth mission. He only beat the sixth. I see.

I do read the news. I just forgot that the last mission available was the sixth.

Edited by nemoricus, 20 August 2006 - 05:23 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users