Adding A Buildable Base Defense To The Ai

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Slow_Moe

Slow_Moe
  • New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 11:53 AM

I've found your tutorials on adding new units very useful but now i've moved into the realm of adding structures and base defenses for the AI to build.

Can you give me information on how to do this? Is there a tutorial on this subject i might have missed?

Thanks for a very useful informative site.

#2 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:15 PM

There's a tutorial about Adding new factions, you'll get to know the basics of build lists and such. There's one for regular generals too..
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#3 Slow_Moe

Slow_Moe
  • New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:30 PM

Thanks Mithril, I have just one more thing... I have a warfactory that will require more than the 12 available slots... I've thought of adding the toggle switch to a new commandset... will the AI be able to use the units on the warfactory's secondary commandset?

#4 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:36 PM

Yes that is no problem at all. You just have to make sure that it isn't ordered to build something if it hasn't got the neccessary upgrade yet - piece of cake you just need a linear sequence..

However.. things get nasty if you want one warfactory to produce units from the other commandset and the other to do the opposite - but I guess you haven't got to that difficulty level yet... ;)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users