• 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:35 PM

all you MEV haters out there should pay it a visit (laugh your ass off) :umad:
http://www.forumplan...um.asp?fid=7431

in the meantime they have revived the old (better) community:
http://z6.invisionfr...th_MW/index.php
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#2 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:54 PM

lol, so nick finally left? That was kinda out of the blue... was he fired or did he "quit".

OMG They deleted HordeOfDoom!?! I never thought I'd see that happen... wow this is so bad and soo soo soo funny.

Quote of the day:

(from MeV) dude the community is dead...we ARE the community

-GothmogtheOrc

Edited by GothmogtheOrc, 28 July 2006 - 04:01 PM.

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#3 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:56 PM

The new webmaster said he quit, Nick said he was fired. Personally I believe Nick.

Also, every single moderator has been stripped of their powers and the vast majority of the top posters have been banned
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#4 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:57 PM

the new admin says he quit, but everybody else says IGN got rid of him.

all the top members like Darvin, HEL and HordeOfDoom have left/been banned
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#5 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:59 PM

And they decided to delete serious topics (like Darvins leaving topic), while ignoring all the many pages of spam
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#6 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:11 PM

I couldn't help but notice the spam...very impressive how quickly they blew up the forums.

PS: Nice job zimoo :umad:

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#7 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:12 PM

I hope you're not implying I had anything to do with the spam? :umad:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:13 PM

LOL

It makes no sense, why ban so many people? I wonder what went down behind the scenes. Too bad MEV was full of n00bs.. if there would have been some 1337 h4xx0rz it would have gotten very interesting, MEV Boards getting h4xx0r3d..

Edited by Matias, 28 July 2006 - 04:15 PM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#9 Theo

Theo

Hey look, im a VIP.

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Projects:Being lazy.

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:16 PM

also they wanted Darvin to take over from Nick as webmaster. I think everybody is banned now. Theres only few people left that are trying to spam now. Others have given up and gone to the temporary forums till nick makes another site.
And Matias people tried hacking but it was too tight to hack apparently.

Edited by J-a-Y, 28 July 2006 - 04:16 PM.

#10 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:17 PM

MEV did have alot of noobs, but they also had a good group of oldies who were mature and responsible (just ignore any posts they've made in the last few days)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:17 PM

when i read the post announcing the resignation of Nick i automatically expected Darvins name to be beneath it. instead, it was Joker17 (never heard of him before)

#12 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:29 PM

And what is EA's affiliation in this matter?

#13 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:30 PM

on the MEV (site) main page

As some of you may know, founder and long time admin Nick Thibault is no longer with Middle Earth Vault as he is perusing other ventures. I would like to take this time to give credit to Nick for the massive community he has created and how his legacy will live on within these pages. Without Nick’s time and effort MEV formally knows as MEMW would not be what it is today.

With that said, I would like to introduce myself to the community, I am a long time BFME fan all the way through BFME2. I share the same concerns this community does for the future of the BFME series, from issues still within the current games to new expansions. We are all here for the same reason, to create a more playable game for the masses, and of course to get the latest news from around the world. I have been a huge RTS fan since Warcraft 1 and have a good concept of how RTS’s are built. I am no slouch within the community as I have been around longer than most of you have, so I know the ongoing issues that still erk the depths within MEV.

I will be trying my best to fill in the MEV shoes and drive this site to places never seen before. So sit back relax and enjoy…

-- Joker17 @ 11:07PM Wed 26 Jul 2006

#14 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:35 PM

Huddle together my brothers from another mother, the refugees will be coming soon. TBH, Nick acted like an asshole anyway. That's what he gets for giving in to large corps to run his site.

I own my domain name as well as my place at Revora. And to think they invited him to EA BFME premiers and not me. At least Apoc apologised for not inviting me.

This is getting interesting... :umad:

#15 morgoth946

morgoth946

title available

• Hosted
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:16 PM

Can please someone explain me what happened there? It seems a war...
The Four Ages, the new english Website:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:23 PM

EA got Nick fired and replaced him with someone with no credibility at MEV. The IGN people then started demoting all the moderators for no decent reason. This led to several of the respected forumers protesting and consequently getting themselves banned. This then led to a full scale spam fest
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:38 PM

Please do not allow someone elses crap on our forum. We have a simple goal, we mod video games, not formulating how to captilise on someone elses demise.

#18 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:52 PM

We're just discussing it..

#19 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:58 PM

I've never heard anything good from this Nick guy, dispite being quite imature, he was doing a nice job on his site. The only thing that saddens me in this story is how freedom of expression is a myth. At least, for IGN, of course.

And, to be honest, I agree with his review from BfME 2 that he wrote after that community summit. Single player campaign is weak. The universe does not envolve the player. You simply have to wipe the ass out of everyone, with few exceptions, where you have to control certain towers in a evil map. You have no options to change your destiny, which sucks. When you try something different, the thing is bugged. Like... in a dwarve map that you had to kill a dragon, if you try to kill the dragon earlier in the map, he returns to somewhere you can't hit and heal himself.

Multiplayer isn't much better. It's too easy to destroy the buildings, even with a small group of basic soldiers. The generals powers (ring powers, whatever) are over powered, like Tom Bombardil and the Ents.... the Eagles aren't as much over powered as the other two, but still allows you to do major disasters like destroying whole bases on certain situations...

Watching replays from the game is also boring. No fast foward and no rewind. This mod SDK helps the moddability of the game. War of the ring is fun, one of the things that I definitelly like in this game. I haven't tried to create my hero yet.

So, I believe the guy is entitled to dislike the final result and write a review with his honest (yet bad) opinion about it. Afterall, we do fan sites to have fun with the thing and to provide fun for fans. We are not EA monkeys!
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#20 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:48 PM

Wow... I never thought that MeVault would implode in a such a sudden burst!!! It seems like a Civil war... One side with guns, the other without. Im surprised they banned the great ones from mevault. What the **** happened??? Goodbye nick, and goodbye MeVault!

Edited by Fingulfin, 28 July 2006 - 10:49 PM.

Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users