Music in next version?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 -BD-

-BD-
  • Banned
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:32 AM

I got some great music. And im part arab, my mom is from maroc. And got some great music for the GLA & For America too.
Who do i need to contact? or im not allowed? anyway, would like to make some music for the mod.

#2 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:11 AM

talk to creator or pend, but what music are u wanting to put into the game?
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#3 -BD-

-BD-
  • Banned
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:59 PM

For China i have no idea at all. For the US maybe Hoobastank - Out of controle, and something like an beat or instrumental and a little bit greenday.
And for GLA ill take a look.

Edited by -BD-, 29 July 2006 - 06:07 PM.

#4 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:47 PM

well personyl i think some songs maybe ok but i think for this sort of game pure instremetal(sp?) music is best.
Not everyone likes hoobostank or greenday and such, and maybe make peaple that don't liek that music not enjoy playing there side of choosing.
they should not be forced to turn off the music to enjoy there side they wanna play as.

Intrementals are much better and u can find plently of music suitable to america, china and gla sides.

thats my opion atlest.
Posted Image
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#5 -BD-

-BD-
  • Banned
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:30 PM

Ye, ur right.

Anyone got any idea when proximitely the next version of contra will go public?

Edited by -BD-, 29 July 2006 - 08:30 PM.

#6 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:29 PM

Ye, ur right.

Anyone got any idea when proximitely the next version of contra will go public?

When its done, they tend to not give out estimates or dates because anything can happen witch may delay the mod a little or alot.
Posted Image

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 30 July 2006 - 01:10 AM

Instramental music only, and I will screen all of it. Also, nothing that I know to be CopyWritten will be included. I don't feel like being sued by some ass in the music industry. If the music is good, and free, I'll include it, but I'm not going to include anything that is overly polerizes players.

The only release date is "When its Done". There are soo many delays... some times its a bug, or a time consuming process, or sometimes its just a game that came out. Right now the 2 biggest delays on Remix3 are Prey and TitanQuest. I do ahve a life, and I still like to game, sometimes I have to take a break from 24/7 generals code.

PS. I beat both games, so I'll be getting back to Remix3 soon.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#8 -BD-

-BD-
  • Banned
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:19 AM

Ye, no problem. Im on Day of Defeat Soucre atm

#9 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  • Projects:V|GO Beta Testing, Remix Alpha Testing, Learning Mapping in Hammer
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:55 AM

Hmm... What about Chinese and American National Anthems?
(Also did you like Prey I thought it was pretty badass. so is DOD:Source)
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image
The hand has five fingers. Capable and strong. Able to both create and destroy

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:58 AM

Well, ye its nice but Prey aint something for me. The game to me was ruined when they added walking on the ceiling and teleportals :p

Ye, Day of Defeat Source is nice.

If u got an Steam Account or u need to make one u can play from 2 august to 7 august "Red Orchesta : Osfront 43-45" For FREE! Its an game wich goes all about the Fighting between Germany and Russia, The graphics are good but not uber advanced and shit. Btw u can drive in vehicles in that game too, real sweet. But not worth buying

#11 -BD-

-BD-
  • Banned
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:58 AM

Woops, thats me above. I forgot to login :p
Btw i dunno if i will join the Free days of Red Orchesta, those days there will be lots of hackers, its the paradise of cheaters because if they get banned they make an new account since u can make unliminted accounts for free. And they have a few days to make hacks and test out hacks. :ninja:

Edited by -BD-, 30 July 2006 - 08:02 AM.

#12 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:12 AM

Woops, thats me above. I forgot to login :p
Btw i dunno if i will join the Free days of Red Orchesta, those days there will be lots of hackers, its the paradise of cheaters because if they get banned they make an new account since u can make unliminted accounts for free. And they have a few days to make hacks and test out hacks. :ninja:

Actually one of the modelers from RO: Ostfront is working on a CNC mod (VGO)
And I thought RO was good I just didn't have 50 bucks at the time...
ahh...The days when mods were free....well some still are.
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image

#13 Foolishone

Foolishone
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 01:27 PM

i can make music if u want me to....but its going to take time, i can send u a sample that ill wokr on as soon as i get home to my real comp, i can do anythign from complex electric guitar riffs to calm piano ambiance, rave, trance, techno, industrial-techno, classical instrumental, etc. i do only instrumentals.
ill create a sample clip of some stuff i can do spanning across some genres and u can tell me if u like it.
programs i sue include

Fruity Loops 6 XXL Producer Edition
Sony Acid
Adobe Audition

Ive created almost 5 full length songs right now but none of them i think would fit correctly in teh CNC universe, im a deep fan of CNC so im not going to create some crap loops for it....
all i need from you guys is how long u want each song to be....i think there is a time in which the game cuts off a song and loops it automatically, how many songs per side u want, if u want new songs for cutscenes, etc.

if u want some of the songs ive already created PM me and ill send them via email onc i get back from vacation to my real computer.

All the best to the Contra Team

Foolishone

#14 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:22 PM

i can make music if u want me to....but its going to take time, i can send u a sample that ill wokr on as soon

Foolishone

Thats cool. If you want to send me some samples I'll check them out. I tend to be a little choosy, but if its good I'll be glad to add it in.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#15 Foolishone

Foolishone
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:15 PM

sounds good pend....i get to my comp August 5th and ill start work on just a 3-4 minute sample clip featuring different instruments, riffs, etc for you....if you do like it i would feel much more comfortable working with U.S. music only as my sound collection features only basic ethnic clips, i am also not familiar enough with arab/chinese music so i cannot produce as quality a product for those factions as i could for U.S.
i plan on using deep bass, dramatic electric guitar, and emphasize the usage of the Snare, Kick, and HiHat drum kits.....i will focus on that first then create techno/rave/trance remixes of the songs

#16 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:36 PM

I would like a mix of instrumentals, not just say heavy rock sort for usa, it would be nice for each team to have some kinda up pace music within the limets of there country, and some slow calm and stuff.
give it a nice mix.
Posted Image

#17 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:07 AM

Maybe you could remake "Fight Prevail Win" from CNC 1!
That song was awesome!
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:56 AM

:glare: I always loved the opening song from RA1. I think it was called "Red March" or soemthing like that.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:08 AM

there is alot of CnC songs that are great, But they are copywrited so u can use at your own risk. U did say u don't wanna be sue'd pend :)

um you could however get the songs and make a remix of them, change them enough to not be similer so u can't be sued :glare: lol

Edited by Phoenix911, 31 July 2006 - 11:08 AM.

Posted Image

#20 Foolishone

Foolishone
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:38 PM

i have a feeling you could get yourself sued for remixing copywritten material too lol...

so what the general concensus is that you not only want like the heavy guitar adn drums but u want some of teh deep bass and trance like tones moving at a slower pace....
i guess what i could compare what our asking is basically what frank kelpacki did for the original CNC's? some songs were getting you ready to destroy the crap out of somethign and other made u want to explore, expand, etc.

just continue to throw out suggestions that way when i get home i know i can put together a sampler of a mix of stuff and not just one type.

Foolishone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users