Music in next version?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:19 PM

I think Frank Klepacki did a genious work at the CnC series. I still listen to his music at my mp3 player. I would call it a "mood music", as you have explained, and they are perfect to the game pace.

#22 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:35 PM

keeping the content from the CnC family in the family I doubt will result in a lawsuit.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#23 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:36 PM

I mean the style, not to copy it! :-)

#24 Foolishone

Foolishone
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:34 PM

i defintly understand what your talking about gilgamesh...ill get ot work as soon as i can

#25 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:19 AM

keeping the content from the CnC family in the family I doubt will result in a lawsuit.

you never know companys can be picky :umad:
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#26 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:36 AM

you never know companys can be picky :umad:

this is true, but within the same game serries I'm willing to risk it. The Game industry is not NEARLY as viscious as the music industry. Even while Blizzard sent a nasty-gram to the StarCraft2 mod team the american music assosiation would have sent the FBI to arrest them on criminal theft charges.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#27 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:18 AM

I don't really care :umad:
aslong as the musics good and has a good mix i am happy, and yet i agree CnC music is fine in this they prob would not do nothing.

Just there is always that chanse that some company would be that picky
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#28 Foolishone

Foolishone
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:55 PM

i will post the clip in mp3 format under 256 sync formulation at the highest rate i can do it at without exceeding how much MB i can upload...basically the clips will be CD quality if not slightly better...
my only concern is time, its going to take some time if you chose to use my stuff to create music for three different factions along with menu music, theme music if u want to make a trailer, etc. should i jump into this ETA per song would be a 1 week for laying it out, and half a week for finishing touches effects, etc. so i figure i would start a song week one and week 2 start another and just overlap that finishing touches each week....even if u wanted to release it as a patch so i could have extra time that would be awesome too

#29 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:40 PM

i will post the clip in mp3 format under 256 sync formulation at the highest rate i can do it at without exceeding how much MB i can upload...basically the clips will be CD quality if not slightly better...
my only concern is time, its going to take some time if you chose to use my stuff to create music for three different factions along with menu music, theme music if u want to make a trailer, etc. should i jump into this ETA per song would be a 1 week for laying it out, and half a week for finishing touches effects, etc. so i figure i would start a song week one and week 2 start another and just overlap that finishing touches each week....even if u wanted to release it as a patch so i could have extra time that would be awesome too

lol trust me, you'll have plenty of time to finish as many songs as you want. Remix is much more than a few weeks away from finished
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Foolishone

Foolishone
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:06 PM

haha alright...it'll give me something to do while i wait for the release now haha time crunches are never fun especially when your trying to create music....i dont want to fall into the trap of making everything sound the same...

another question...
is this music for remix only? or do i figured mabye the original music could be used in the original contra....and all the remixes used for remix

#31 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:14 PM

another question...
is this music for remix only? or do i figured mabye the original music could be used in the original contra....and all the remixes used for remix

lol that would be cute... no. more likely if its good all the music would be in both mods if Creator likes it too.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Foolishone

Foolishone
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:06 PM

haha that would be cute...but annoying and time consuming

#33 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:46 AM

I will create some music packs. They will be available as separate archives. Each archive will be about 60..100Mb. Way of installation will be very simple - you just unpack it and place "!Music.big" into your Zero Hour folder.

And I think it will be better to unify out music system with Pendaelose for music packs to work with both Contra and Remix.

PS: Here is sample music track:

#34 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:13 PM

I'll agree with that completely. Foolishbone, if you create any music, make sure to post it to Creator aswell so it can be included with the music pack.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Foolishone

Foolishone
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:44 PM

that seems easy enough....ill just create a new topic for music posts if u like my sampler....im still under the assumption your not using my stuff and will be under that assumtion until told other wise.

#36 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:26 PM

that seems easy enough....ill just create a new topic for music posts if u like my sampler....im still under the assumption your not using my stuff and will be under that assumtion until told other wise.

well lets wait and see what the sampler is like. You have a good attitude and if it is any reflection of your work its quite likely I will use much of it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Foolishone

Foolishone
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:33 AM

sampler will most likely be up in about 3-4 days...i get home from vacation today and off my sisters laptop (thank god) and onto my PC. it will probly only be some simple loops, drm break beats, and ambient pads with a few effects (delays, filtros, synths, phasers, bandpasses, etc.)if i find the time i will create a small song...i have work off on monday but i may be doing a little xbox 360 shopping and the day will be dedicated to that haha.

You have a good attitude

haha thank you pend...ive worked with some ridiculous ppl on past mods and i really hateed it so i make a effort nowandays to not be ridiculous with attitudes....theres way to many solo artisits out there on the web with haughty attitudes and "im number 1" mindsets.

#38 -BD-

-BD-
  • Banned
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:06 PM

I'm Going to make instrumental music for all 3 Nations.
I think it will be done next week friday.

Edit : Pen, and Creator ill send u the music first when its done but im going to start with it in 2 days duo to personal issues.

Edited by -BD-, 05 August 2006 - 08:18 PM.

#39 Slowpoke

Slowpoke
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:10 PM

You think you're the emperor of the world, don't you :p

Well, good luck.

#40 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:14 PM

He is not the emporer of the world but a hizbollian war lord( guess it's written wrong but I think you know what I mean) and by the way I'm the IDF F-15 Pilot with that nice 2000lbs bomb over you
we'll see, what style will the music be?
And are you sure that you are so good? We'll see und juge!

Edited by Capt.Drake, 05 August 2006 - 04:26 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users