AntiSocialKindaGuy

Self-Centred Egotistical Wankpot

• Project Team
  • 851 posts
  • Projects:V:GO
  •  Thoroughly Stonking Programming Bloke

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:37 PM

Hey,

This is one for the server admins. If I were looking to set up a SVN for a hosted project, is the server set up in a such a way that allows it ( with Apache and what not? ), so I could use something along the lines of TortoiseSVN? Failing that, if its easier to set up a CVS, that will suffice.

You'll have to excuse my idiocy in this matter; I'm certainly not a network administrator at heart, and don't really know the ins and outs of the backend server business ( at least not in practice - I can spout theory at you if you so wish ). I also don't know how you go about running your server. ;)

So, I'd like to know:

- If the server can support SVN.
- How one would need to go about establishing one for a project on the server.
- If you would do it for me if you know how. :p

Cheers. Oh, this would be for Vietnam Glory Obscured, if you're wondering.

<edit>
Bugger, it's posted twice. I hate computers. Sorry about that ;)

Edited by AntiSocialKindaGuy, 30 July 2006 - 09:39 PM.

Vietnam | Glory Obscured - Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Mod Programmer
EA Criterion - AI / Gameplay / Physics / Tools programmer on a top secret project only ScreamingCricket can know about. Shh ....
Steve's Woosome Website - Enjoy the wonders of my thoroughly stonking website

There are two ways of constructing a software design: one way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.

Posted Image

#2 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:47 PM

I don't know if Atlantis server has SVN installed already and I don't know who would have permision to setup that for you.

Sorry mate, but this Atlantis server is just being weird.

Icetex server doesn't have SVN. Mastermind can't be bored to install it.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#3 AntiSocialKindaGuy

AntiSocialKindaGuy

• Project Team
  • 851 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:51 PM

It would be a useful feature if the servers were SVN-ready for all the hosted mod projects. I think they'd thank you for it :p
Vietnam | Glory Obscured - Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Mod Programmer
EA Criterion - AI / Gameplay / Physics / Tools programmer on a top secret project only ScreamingCricket can know about. Shh ....

There are two ways of constructing a software design: one way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.

Posted Image

#4 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:38 PM

Icetex server doesn't have SVN. Mastermind can't be bored to install it.

No, it's more that I haven't had time to figure out how to make sure it works correctly with cPanel, and is securely installed so that it doesn't become another security risk.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#5 AntiSocialKindaGuy

AntiSocialKindaGuy

• Project Team
  • 851 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:08 PM

Alright, well if you ever get it up, please keep me posted :p

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users