Additional ideas

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bkraft4637_*

Guest_bkraft4637_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:36 PM

Just wondering, but how about including Grond for mordor in assault or battlefortress maps (ala Minas Tirnith, Helms Deep, Minas Morgul, Erebor)...

Also, seige towers for the fortress maps ???

Also, how about adding Gothmog since he will be available in patch 1.05 anywayz for mordor?

for the both sides, include naval bonuses. new mods are starting to include this such as :

Pirates that are boarded into a ship provide a bonus to surrounding ship (makes sense doesnt it? Pirates are more effecient at manning their own ships anywayz, right?)

The same can be said with a ship that contains any Elf heroes, or Elf archers, or gandalf or any shirelings...

perhaps map specific bonuses, ex: Sauron is stronger on any maps east of the black gate
ex: black gate, mordor, mount doom, cirith ungol...

my email is bkraft4637@aol.com

let me know what you think please. i'll be more than happy to come up with some more creative ideas for your mod. Your mod reminds me of Deesirez mod for Battle for Middle Earth 1 Extended Edition... and because of that, i offer a helping hand!

#2 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:27 AM

- we're going to include grond in all maps
- aren't the siege towers already there?
- we'll add him once EA adds him (because he's screwed up now)
- not sure if it can be done. however, it is in our plans to put visible archers on the battle ships
- imagine this: the host chooses black gate -> everybody is mordor. do you think that's fun?
- ideas are always welcome of course :lol:
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:01 AM

I can offer you a new Mordor hero called Khand Guard. Give me your e-mail and i will sand you his concept-art

#4 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:17 AM

if you want to, send it to mail@bartvanheukelom.nl. however, with the mouth of sauron, gothmog (in the future) and 9 nazgul mordor has enough heroes
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#5 Clement

Clement

title available

• Network Staff
  • 1,442 posts
  • Projects:Various
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Job:Developer

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:04 PM

Maybe we can remove some nazgul.
Posted Image

#6 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:30 PM

btw: i have Gotmog's model corrected if you want him talk to me at MSN. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:06 PM

ok some additional units might include

DWARVEN SCOUT - its in the world builder, it could be VERY useful for early gameplay matches since they are very vulnerable and need intel so they know how to counteract their enemy... make it a lone unit with fast speed with hardly any armor, normal health?
**Note, since Men of dale are both buildable from their archery range and the inn, i understand why both models should be the same, please see MotW**

Goblins- more units per battalion horde for fighers, increase the amount / variety of dragons (1 with no wings that is similar to a tramplling tank, or a constant flying dragons 1 w/ fire, 1 that simply physically attacks with ranging armor/health), possibly make goblin fighters weaker to balance out the inclusion of dragon varieities

Isengard - Pretty well done
PLEASE adjust their warg sentries, create more wargs per sentry, with more health per warg since they are *fed* / *bred*
Saurman could have slightly mroe health/power
Wormtongue could have the same ability as Mouth of Sauron where enemies battle each other (dissent i believe), beserkers have wider area of attack similar to the movies, and health replenishes and can level up -increasing speed of attack and power and range
At their inns, make wild men available (not sure, i think so, just double checking)

Elves- pretty well done a sentry tower that is buildable ON their walls? slightly reduce strength of ents (power or health) palantir reinforcements since they are slightly overpowered as well as reduce power of archers
At their inns, are their hobbits available? why not the bfme1 elf reinforcements that melee and bow attack, or why not make both available?

Mordor- dont use isengard walls, but use minas morgul walls (hmmm, start with red version from one of the seige maps, then once morgul sorcery is bought, make them GREEN hue) include buildable battle towers and the minas morgul trebuchets that are buildable or automatic at wall hub points, just make them cost more, copy distance same as MotW trebuchets, reduce the troll upgrades at cage by 100 (way to costly for warrior troll), increase the ammount of units in orc hordes or DECREEASE the command points for orc hordes (both warrior/archer), AND if more than 100 or 120 are grouped, give them yelllow LEADERSHIP bonus to signify that they are receiving orc horde battalion bonus that EA says they have (yet no visual clues are given to signify the enhancement -think its 50 armor, 50 attack, 25 speed), increase the area of effect for catapults "realse the prisoners" (its their few anti elf archer defenses) or the increase the duration of effect or both), if trolls dont increase in power, than use *pick up troll* as a power up while they eat a orc, if the horde is level 2, they will spawn, basically makin basic mountain trolls always 100% if constanly micromanaged, lets face it, thats their cavalry, and they (mountain) could use the extra lil eat orc buff

MOTW- once faramir levels up to level 8, give him gondor captain armor similar to Gandalfs the white upgrade after 5, the same wtih Aragorn at level 7 or 8, King's Gondor Battle Armor, peasants maybe? include THeoden's assistant (he's in the worldbuilder) and have the two travel together, except he is not selectable, and theoden has all the special abilites (like make this guy a follower), he was in the movie with a red beard, name escapes me, give him a horse, he is jus ttheir for aesthetics , and he doesnt die unless theoden dies, but haveh his name appear when the cursor is over him, i think thats possible
**At the Inns, the Dunedain are different from the Ithilien Rangers, so i think there should be some difference to the unit, for example, there is a bluish-green archer in the worldbuilder, include him in either Ithilien (to represent leader that reports to faramir -besides, his character's name in the worldbuilder is the one that reports, or its his right hand man, but his name escapes me) OR make him Dunedain's battalion captain, that way if u see 2 battalions, u'll be able to tell which is which**

Make some maps EA maps of course (northern maps) Dragon territory and have dragons fight off everyone, possibly make it random, or make it another selectable option as in *ring heroes*, make them buffed so in the middle of fighting, factions can join the dragon in attacking their enemy, or both ally for a minute and attack the dragon, make variety of dragons again (this is how it would have been if realisitc and real life, dragons being territorial and killing everything they believe they could dominate with flight/or might(phsyical strength), some with wings, some without, CLOSE to drake lairs as well, enhance game play with that possiblity, give the dragons their own AI basically, and have drakes and dragons work together as neutral units, but do not make dragons buildable from lair, thats goblins

As for the suggestion of BLACK GATES (of map specific bonuses), make EVERYONE mordor, its got me thinking. I can see a possible CIVIL war break out in mordor, with Clans fighting for Leadership, but that means EVERY player would have leadership bonuses. Its never been done (having a whole army with leadership MAP bonuses since its their territory, let alone 3 armies, i'd have to play to see if i like, it could be a long battle, higher ground would be KEY) in that case, that my not be the best example, but on SOME maps, like , Faramir with MT, Gandalf with MT, Galadriel with Lorien, Theoden with Helms Deep, where the heroes have a slight buff, or giving some units Buffs in certain maps, ala Seige tower in Helms Deep or MT to increase proper strategic seiging (inthebooks and movies , fear ran through their mind when they saw seige towers and they stopped what they were doing and would focus all of their on bringing them down)... same can be said of mumakil (actually make those big bastards the scary SOBs that they are (in specifc maps)... THAT would increase tension of the defending team, similar to books and movies. if the bonus of 5050 is too much intesting, try 33/33 or 25/25...

OH ALSO, since galadriel's whirlwind is nothing near as powerful as Saurons Ring Power, why not increase her speed of movement of the wind so that her devastation is sometwhat CLOSE to saurons destructive rock/comet fire explosion (sorry it escapes me),

All of these make it EXTENDING the gameplay of the books/movies and bringing it to this game of BFMEII, after all, thats what ur mod is about right?!?!? I like the ideas, let me know what you think. My sn on aim/yahoo is bkraft4637 or msn at bkraft4637@aol.com or bkraft4637@msn.com. I'd be more than willing to help with ideas. Sorry dont know shit about coding, just testing. Been a tester for EA on some games.

All of these suggestions were made with Balance in mind. as well as extending the universe, from books and movies, into the game.

** just thought, why not make the mordor archer tower garrisonable for 1 horde? they are WAYYYY to useless, or use haradrim's cheapo archer tower instead? cheap, weak, but garrisionable... looks like something mordor orcs would use, wood sticks with cloth...

#8 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:20 PM

DWARVEN SCOUT - its in the world builder, it could be VERY useful for early gameplay matches since they are very vulnerable and need intel so they know how to counteract their enemy... make it a lone unit with fast speed with hardly any armor, normal health?

maybe

**Note, since Men of dale are both buildable from their archery range and the inn, i understand why both models should be the same, please see MotW**

i don't really understand you here

Goblins- more units per battalion horde for fighers, increase the amount / variety of dragons (1 with no wings that is similar to a tramplling tank, or a constant flying dragons 1 w/ fire, 1 that simply physically attacks with ranging armor/health), possibly make goblin fighters weaker to balance out the inclusion of dragon varieities

we are still playing with the horde sizes, but the goblins will have the biggest. we can't add dragons, they would be either overpowered, or too weak for the way they look

PLEASE adjust their warg sentries, create more wargs per sentry, with more health per warg since they are *fed* / *bred*

at the moment every building spawns 3 wargs

Saurman could have slightly mroe health/power

we'll see that when we start balancing

Wormtongue could have the same ability as Mouth of Sauron where enemies battle each other (dissent i believe), beserkers have wider area of attack similar to the movies, and health replenishes and can level up -increasing speed of attack and power and range

i'll think about it

At their inns, make wild men available (not sure, i think so, just double checking)

that's their inn unit and the only way to get them (except for summoning)

Elves- pretty well done a sentry tower that is buildable ON their walls?

elves will have wall towers

slightly reduce strength of ents (power or health) palantir reinforcements since they are slightly overpowered as well as reduce power of archers

again when we get balancing

At their inns, are their hobbits available? why not the bfme1 elf reinforcements that melee and bow attack, or why not make both available?

they have hobbits and the bfme 1 units are there as elven guards

- more answer coming later -

edit: ok i just read the rest of your post quickly, and most of your suggestions are for balance. we really really like that feedback, but not at this moment, since we're not done adding all the new units and stuff :dry: *please call back later* :p

Edited by 2playgames, 03 August 2006 - 11:23 PM.

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:46 AM

Sorry i'm lost my concept art of Khand Guard.But i have some idea for the new units.
MORDOR
BLACK URUKS - weacker then isengard urucks but with larger namber (18 - 20) buildible from level 3 orc pit.
HARADRIM WARRIORS - like the gondor soldiers but with ability to stealth everyvere.
MORAN ORCS - like simple orcs but wih upgrades.
TROLL GUARD - remember the troll who nearly killd the aragorn. Thats it.Has ability to eat anemy soldiers. Weacker then attak troll.
ISENGARD
GOBLIN SERVANTS -like the goblins from corruoted wild but with ability to repair buildings, With no upgrades.
GREATE SIEGE LETTER - like from second film.In attackon helms deep
ARCHERS ON WARGS - just for variety of units.
TROLL SLAVE - ground trunsport unit
GOBLINS
GUNDABAND TROLL - strong close combat tipe unit like attack troll but with none special powers.
HALF - TROLL SWORDSMAN strong close combat unit.
GOBLIN SLAVE MASTER - when in the mine increase resurse incom on 10%
ELVES
MITHOOD WARRIOR - extremely powerful close combat unit nomber (12-14)
LORIEN RIDER - riders with bow
HOURN - young ent with knock-back attack comes in company (2-5)
DWARVES
BERSERKER HORDE - dwarves with two axes with no armour upgrade
MoW
ELITE TOWER GUARDS - can swich with bow speare and sword
TOWER GUARD RIDERS - close combat horseman

#10 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:44 AM

BLACK URUKS - weacker then isengard urucks but with larger namber (18 - 20) buildible from level 3 orc pit.

we are going to put in the black uruks, though not in such a large horde

BERSERKER HORDE - dwarves with two axes with no armour upgrade

we already have the khazad guard, which is exactly that but a single unit

ELITE TOWER GUARDS - can swich with bow speare and sword

we're thinking about letting tower guards switch to swords

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:12 PM

What you think about this:
GOBLINS
MOUNTAIN GIANT - hecan take a tree to cknock back enemies whith more damadge then mordor attack troll. Have you saw the brifings of 3 and 4 missions of evil campaign? That's ithink he's must be like. His HP - 6000 dmadge 500-single 1200 - with tree cp - 100 (like MUMAKIL)
I thin you can get some change to heroes stats.
GOBLIN KING
price down to 2000
delite the power of draake summoning, it's like noncense
DRUMS FROM A DEEP - summons army of fully upgraded goblins (level 5)
DROGOTH THE DRAGON LORD
SUMMON DRAKES - summon 2 of the drake s (level 8)
health increase to 12000 (he must more powerful then witch king)
some about new hero
MOUNTAIN GIANT KING
ABILITIESGIANT LIDERSHIP + 100% to giants damadge
CRUSH OF THE LAND - sand a powerful shockwave witch damadge the buildings.
SUMMON GIANTS - summon 2 of the giants

#12 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:33 PM

thanks, but again balance suggestions are of no use yet. The mountain giant would be cool with a tree but there are no animations for it, and we are not yet good enough to make them ourselves :(

in the meantime check out the faction characteristics and the details on mordor

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:57 PM

i was doing a complete synopsis of the game that could be done, for example the men of dale are buildable at the inn and the dwarven arhcery range. wehre as the dunedain and the ithilien rangers are different, but look the same game wise. I said since the men of dale are the same unit, there is no point in changing them. BUT since the MotW archers are different, maybe perhaps u could make their skins different to distinguish them. as for the rest of my suggestions, some are balance, others are gameplay visuals (for exapmle, include a DAMROD - Faramirs guard and in both media and in worldbuilder - unit with every ithilien ranger battalion so that the dunedain and ithilien are diferentiated )

or have Gamling from the game follow THeoden everywhere... for visual purposes...

Dragons could be overpowered, but with soem tweaking, could be used as wild animals of the north, and if need be, just remove the fire breathing an just have it trample everything. Thats plausible right?

Mordor suggestions? thx

#14 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:44 PM

or have Gamling from the game follow THeoden everywhere... for visual purposes...

lol that would be funny, but i don't think there's a way to do it (except for making theo a horde, but that's so much work)

anyway, thanks again for your input. it's recorded here and we will filter it when are done with our current work

#15 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:58 AM

Gambling and Hama are already there....and my ideas:

-Morgul Orcs(only summonable but stay to death)
Normal orcs that have upgrades and look cooler when they have armor(Morannon Orc skin...in worldbuilder), shields, helmets and much more health and armor(but still weak attack)
-Morgul Archers- same as orcs but archers and come with summon
-Royal Guards- summonable by Theoden
-Horse Archers/Riders as 2 units
-Dol Amroth as a summon(summons Imrahil and 2 dol amroth horsemen that stay till die....still when u summon them again Imrahil don't come again(if he's dead he's at citadel if he's alive only knights come)
-more orc pike variety(how about give orc pikes and orc archers other orc warriors skins but weapon will stay?)

Edited by Gherrick, 06 August 2006 - 07:06 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:09 AM

There are some new ideas about new heroes and units of the goblins and isengard
HEROES:
MOUNTAIN GIANT CHIFTAIN
ABILITIES
GIANT VULNERABILITY - hase greate resistense to the silver thorn arrows.(level1)
GIANT LIDERSHIP + 100% to giants damadge(level 2)
CRUSH OF THE LAND - sand a powerful shockwave witch damadge the buildings.(level 6)
SUMMON GIANTS - summon 2 of the giants(level 10)
UNITS :
DARK DUNADAIN
Simple to the dunadain rangers but with poison arrow (buildible from inn for the goblins or in the evil men tent for the Isengard)

#17 Clement

Clement

title available

• Network Staff
  • 1,442 posts
  • Projects:Various
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Job:Developer

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:37 AM

I agree with your idea Gherrick, totaly. However for the moment we must done all units that we want to make, and after we will be able to make more variants, and more powers using new units :grin: but great ideas!
Posted Image

#18 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:59 PM

Elves- :)
I am wayy to confused :) on multiple sites there are lorien warriors with a bow on their back with the ability to change to it.it is also on vidios durin the game.its also on the game case and i reckon that they would be good if they had ok health and pretty bad bow attack but same attack ith swords as normal lorien.Its just an idea as the elves dont really have many flexible units at lv 1 :D :sad: .However no doubt this is a balance i dea so its worthless. :D

#19 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:29 PM

Unfortunately this mod is no long in production, so any ideas would be more useful to other BFME II mods.
Posted Image

#20 Guest_Guest_Legolasarcher_*_*

Guest_Guest_Legolasarcher_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:07 PM

SOOOOOOOOOOOO Many gud ideaz!!!
I wuz thinkin,-
Elven Spearmen
Men of Numenor
More heroes e.g. Isildor, Gil-Galad........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users