Nick's Modelling Tutorial is really good for most of the basic stuff (read it if you want to learn how to model)... the only thing he didn't cover well enough in my opinion was the binding part. So here is what I had to do to get my model working. Much of this was what I was instructed to do by N19HtmAr3 when he was helping me out.
1) unhide all
2) create wwskin but don't place it yet, just click the button
3) add the bones to the wwskin
4) place the wwskin in the screen
5) bind the mesh to the wwskin with the "Bind to Spacewarp"* tool (don't bind the bones as that causes an error)
*Also know as: the "Noodley Tool", the "Fishing Hook", and the spaghetti tool. I think you can get the picture of which tool we mean...
6) edit the mesh, moving or adding vertexes as desired
7) select all the vertexes and press Auto-bind
8) Export, and look at in W3D Viewer with the animations (drag the animations into the window to make them read)
9) Now go back to your model and rebind the vertexes to better bones if they look bad
10) Repeat steps 8 and 9 many many times...
11) when satisfied with the binding, export and enjoy!
That should help anyone who understands most of the modelling but can't figure out the binding part.
Edited by GothmogtheOrc, 05 August 2006 - 04:49 AM.