• 976 posts
  • Projects:Battles of Gondor
  •  coder, skinner, mapper, graphics

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:19 PM

for no perticuler mod i present my dol amroth units
Posted Image
Posted Image
feel free to coment or surgest.
by the way if anyone wants to use them, then just ask me nicely, and make sure you gave me credit for them :p .

Edited by Tom8778, 06 August 2006 - 03:23 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
a mod for rotwk, includes Harad, Rhun, Rohan and Southern Fiefdoms Factions, beta released, site/forums for the mod is here.

#2 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:39 PM

Ok I take back what I said on MSN. I just actually noticed that your shields had a design on, whereas earlier I thought you had just painted random white blobs :p.

It all looks great IMO, is a shield coming later for Imrahil?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#3 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  • Projects:Valarian mod studios, Kingdom of heaven mod co-leader
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 06 August 2006 - 08:33 AM

hmm you should so learn to model tom, the designs would look way better if you unwraped the skin etc :p

some how everyone thinks dolamroth should have swans plastered all over them thats not true have alook at GW, their designs are perfect :)

Edited by Feanor, 06 August 2006 - 08:38 AM.

'I can harness the very energy within the walls of this place, and bind them too me, I can turn the air in your lungs to fire, and you....you are nothing more than leaves in a storm, did you really think you could face me here and survive'

- Ammon Jerro, Court Warlock of Neverwinter, lord of Haven

#4 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 06 August 2006 - 08:37 AM

That is without question the best looking recolour/texture swap job I've ever seen for that model. Good work.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#5 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

Battles of Gondor mod leader

• Hosted
  • 976 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:52 AM

thanks for the feed back guys. And yes it would be easier if i could model, cus id rather just one swan on the front of the armor of the soldiers and archers.

i have tried to stay close to this

Posted Image

for the soldiers and archers.

im abit stuck as for what to do for imrahil as without unwraping the textures via modeling (or what ever you call it), i only have a corner of the shield to try and think of what wont look teirrible.

im gonna try and just do some kind of patton in the centre or something i think.
Posted Image
Posted Image
a mod for rotwk, includes Harad, Rhun, Rohan and Southern Fiefdoms Factions, beta released, site/forums for the mod is here.

#6 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 06 August 2006 - 01:23 PM

I suggest you give him a breast plate aka chest plate only, just to make him stand out :p
'I can harness the very energy within the walls of this place, and bind them too me, I can turn the air in your lungs to fire, and you....you are nothing more than leaves in a storm, did you really think you could face me here and survive'

#7 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

• Hosted
  • 976 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 01:36 PM

he doesnt have a breast plate in any of his pics, which im trying to stay away from plate as ill give minas tirith heros and units breast plates, and stick to chain mail for dol amroth :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 06 August 2006 - 01:50 PM

Feanor stop trying to corrupt people into your way of thinking. Plate armour doesn't exist in Tolkien's works, hence why I like this skin so much. It's true to the books
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#9 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:14 PM

I don't really care about tolkiens idea about armour.....hes hardly tested plate armour himself so how the hell would he know lol, I care about what looks cool :p

what about this you will need to make him look unique....umm how to do thathe needs some really nice embroidered cloths etc with good and stuff sort of elven but not elven.

Edited by Feanor, 06 August 2006 - 03:15 PM.

#10 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

• Hosted
  • 976 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:19 PM

I don't really care about tolkiens idea
what about this you will need to make him look unique....umm how to do thathe needs some really nice embroidered cloths etc with good and stuff sort of elven but not elven.

are you talking about imrahil or the soldiers?

and can you be more clear, both skins have plenty of cloth over the chain mail...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:25 PM

the soilders are fine...

what I mean is that imahril does not look very hero like......he needs something unique to him.

like a chest plate, or some scalemail

Edited by Feanor, 06 August 2006 - 03:27 PM.

#12 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:26 PM

The skins look quite good, but you could desaturate and darken the blue. It's a bit too bright I think. Also, Imrahil was in his late sixties during the War of the Ring, the picture you used for his head is from that game card, but they got it wrong. That man is Iorlas, so it says in the credits to Return of the King. I suggest giving him brown hair and grey eyes, and make him look older.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#13 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

• Hosted
  • 976 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:30 PM

the cloak shows his rank, he does not wear a helmet to show hes a hero. In the books he was never described as looking any diferent to his troops. I will also do soem kind of design on his shield.
Ill also add soem kind of shoulder armor, whcih always makes heros look more heroric.
perhaps a finer belt?
I realy cant see what more i can do from then on, with ot him looking to clusted.

hows that?

The skins look quite good, but you could desaturate and darken the blue. It's a bit too bright I think. Also, Imrahil was in his late sixties during the War of the Ring, the picture you used for his head is from that game card, but they got it wrong. That man is Iorlas, so it says in the credits to Return of the King. I suggest giving him brown hair and grey eyes, and make him look older.

it shall be done :p

hang on are you talking about imrahil the soldiers or both?

Edited by Tom8778, 06 August 2006 - 03:34 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:58 PM

He's talking about Imrahil, who was Faramir's uncle I think (so 60 sounds right)

Feanor, you may think its "cool" to go in the complete opposite direction to the guy whose books made this forum possible, but others may not.

The embroidered cloths actually sounds like a good idea though. Remember Finduilas' cloth that Eowyn wore during the WOTR? You could base it off that
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

• Hosted
  • 976 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 04:17 PM

ok ill see what i can do :p

but in the meanwhile

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Tom8778, 06 August 2006 - 05:17 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 06 August 2006 - 04:45 PM

thouse orcs look odd I mean is that face paint lol, make the armour more rusty dark, its too shiny just now, and put some more cloth inbetween the armour arm pits etc backs of the legs... :p

#17 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:09 PM

The armor looks fine ingame imo. But in the render it is W3D Viewers fault.

#18 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:12 PM

oh zimoo do you agree with how the orcs look..... they have plate armour :p (if you can't tell I'm pulling your leg lol)

Edited by Feanor, 06 August 2006 - 05:16 PM.

#19 Hot!c3 II

Hot!c3 II
  • Project Team
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:37 AM

i like all of them expecially the dol armoth units :)

#20 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  • Projects:Quite a Few
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:43 AM

heh, tbh i agree with nertea. THat is a very nice reskin of boromir for imrahil :).

Not so sure about the others but...Nice Imrahil!!!

Dmain | I-Cold | earthWhois
Dmain Now offers .mobi extensions....why? Because we can :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update: EAW Galaxy is almost ready for launch. We're currently in need of forum staff and content writers for the main site. Please PM or Email me ASAP.

BFME Fans if you think you have what it takes, bfmeworld.com would love to be built. I have neither the time, nor the motivation any longer...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users