Few questions about Gmax/RenX

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ayman22

ayman22
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:15 AM

Let me thank Killaz for his great tutorial. I have designed my first model which is the Iranian Zufiqar-3 MBT. I will post its picture when it is complete.

Now to my questions:

1- I set the pivots to 'align to world' but the direction of my greens and reads are different than Killaz's model.

My model is in the same perspective view as Killaz's model (in the boning tutorial).

My model: Blues are up, Greens toward the back of my tank, Reds facing to ward the left tread.
Killaz model: Blues are up, Greens toward the left tread, Reds facing toward the front of the tank.

My tank moves and fires sideways. How can I fix this?

2- I attached some section of my model to one another. How can I detach them?

3- I chose a texture [.tga] from 'Asset Browser'. I chose the UVW Map and skin looks fine. But now I want to undo these two steps and move back to the unskinned mesh. How can I do that?

4- Can I do skinning after building and boning of the tank? Which of the following is better?
1- Building -> Boning -> Skinning
2- Building -> Skinning -> Boning

5- How can I select the team colors? In the boning tutorial Killaz mentioned to link the team colors to turret but that is it. I created a mini-barrel around my tank's barrel and I want it to be the team color? What option should I select?

6- I created a .big file for my model and placed it in Generals install folder. Later, I made some changes to model and exported it as .w3d file. Do I have to recreate the .big file? or will the .big file change automatically?

7- Where can I download a W3D viewer?

thanx

Edited by ayman22, 07 August 2006 - 12:34 PM.

#2 ayman22

ayman22
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:17 PM

UPDATE:

I have the answers to questions 1 and 7. Please help me if you know the answer(s) for the rest of the questions.

Edited by ayman22, 08 August 2006 - 12:21 AM.

#3 ayman22

ayman22
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:14 AM

GOD!

Are those question so tough to answer? Can someone please explain what forums are for?

Hell yeah. I know what forums are for.. You post your question and then get the same old answer: ''Dude, search first". Nice game it is. Isn't it?

So, lets play the game. I post my questions. Someone please tell me go search first.

BLOW ME!!!

Edited by ayman22, 11 August 2006 - 12:19 AM.

#4 Slye_Fox

Slye_Fox

ConRed Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,357 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion, CnC: Condition Red, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn
  •  The fluffy fox of Revora.

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:59 PM

let me put it this way:

No one cares.

#5 killakanz

killakanz

Infamy!

• Hosted
  • 1,369 posts
  • Projects:Infamy!
  •  They've all got it infamy!

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:56 AM

Someone does care, it's just that someone has been away for holidays.

1 - Tank must face the right in Top viewport.

2 - There's a detach button next to the attach button. Select the faces of your section and hit Detach.

3 - To remove the texture, select the mesh, hit M and click the X button on the right of the editor, about half way down. To remove the UVW mapping, right click the modifier from the list on the right and select Delete.

4 - I still stick to what I said in the tutorial. It's always best to skin it before putting bones in.

5 - Team colours are simply meshes named 'HOUSECOLOR01' (number can go up with how many meshes you need). For best results, give it a greyscale texture (white becomes bright team colour, black darkens it. Great for adding details to team colour parts.)

6 - You'll need to recreate the .big file, it wont automatically update the files it contains.

7 - W3D Viewer comes with the RenX gamepack install. Check the RenegadeTools folder in the start menu.

Sorry I took so long to reply, been on a 3 week holiday.
Posted Image
New Tutorial Online Now!! Check it out!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users