#1 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:03 PM

I've been working non-stop on the campaign for the past several days. While I've done the scripting for two other missions, only Lothlorien and Helm's Deep have been locked off so far. The Command Point limit has been significantly increased for the campaign, and as such, I've also greatly increased the scripted opposing forces in these missions (for example, there are three times as many ladders coming at the Deeping Wall in Helm's Deep).

List of New Campaign Features:

Lothlorien

-Haldir now arrives with the two Galadhrim hordes at the beginning of the mission
-Voice-overs by Galadriel occur as the Fellowship moves closer to the city
-Celeglin is waiting at the bridge, and Celeborn and Galadriel are waiting in the city; they become usable once the Fellowship enters the city
-Bridge assault waves are nearly double their original size

Helm's Deep

-Hama and Gamling are available as heroes from the start at level 3
-Eowyn cannot receive her armour upgrade, nor can she mount her horse. She wears her Refugee Helm's Deep outfit
-Two extra build plots added behind the Deeping Wall
-Gamling says his nice little "Every villager able to wield..." line about a minute or two into the mission
-Haldir enters with the other Elves at level 4. He says his famous speech, rather than EA's unnamed Elf captain
-Isengard's armies are nearly three times their original size. This increase comes mostly from the ladders, rams, swordsmen, and pikemen. Watch out for the mines! It can be hard to spot them until it's too late
-Gamling, Hama, and Haldir all continue the campaign with the Rohan army

I've gotta say that Helm's Deep is now a rather challenging mission. For the first time since I first played the original mission, I lost the Deeping Wall to a mine. For the first time ever, I lost the main gate and had my forces overwhelmed in the Deeping. I had to pull everybody back to the Keep. Very fun.

Another change I've made recently is getting rid of that god aweful golden heavy armour for Isengard and Gondor. EA actually made a black heavy armour texture with white hand symbols, but never used it. I simply coded it in. For Gondor, I've given the Soldiers, Knights, and Archers a new unarmoured texture; they use their old unarmoured texture as heavy armour. For the Tower Guards, I've let them keep their unarmoured texture, but have toned down the amount of gold on their heavy armour. All these textures are just quick, small replacements: don't expect huge detail when you zoom in.

And now for the screenshots. Be sure to check the Screens page for captions.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Another announcement I'd like to make is the voice actor who has done the voice of the Elven narrator. Posted Image (Toshi Nakamura) has done an excellent job with the huge script he was given. I can only offer great complements for his astounding work. I'd recommend him to anyone.

Next update should include Dunharrow and Mirkwood. Watch out for those.

Edited by Celeglin, 07 August 2006 - 05:09 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

Great update as always Celeglin. Looking forward to playing the new improved campaign :mellow:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#3 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:24 PM

Amazing work! The campaign is looking great. :mellow: Looking forwards to the next update!

#4 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  • Projects:Quite a Few
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:35 PM

"Im loving it"

Dmain | I-Cold | earthWhois
Dmain Now offers .mobi extensions....why? Because we can :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update: EAW Galaxy is almost ready for launch. We're currently in need of forum staff and content writers for the main site. Please PM or Email me ASAP.

BFME Fans if you think you have what it takes, bfmeworld.com would love to be built. I have neither the time, nor the motivation any longer...

#5 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:45 PM

wow great job celeglin. it looks great :mellow: . im just glad to know that you are back and you are working on it. also who is the banner carrier voice

Edited by adummy, 07 August 2006 - 05:53 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:40 PM

Arg, always hated the golden armor :p

Bot, lovely :mellow:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#7 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:24 PM

hmm. it seams like the campaign is going to be worth re-playing

Edited by adummy, 07 August 2006 - 07:25 PM.

Posted Image

#8 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:28 PM

Indeed, any ideas on how many missions you'll be changing Celeglin?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#9 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:31 PM

i hope that minas tirith, moria, among hen, osgilliath, and the black gate have new stuff. also i hope that the good campaign can play edoras :mellow: but im not going to ask him to delay the mod for that.

sorry for everything i spelled wrong.

Edited by adummy, 07 August 2006 - 07:31 PM.

Posted Image

#10 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:37 PM

I wouldn't have thought Moria or Amon Hen would have new stuff. He seems to be doing the missions in the order you play them
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:41 PM

well maybe change them so more units come or something else like that.
Posted Image

#12 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:43 PM

Good Campaign missions that will see changes:

-Lothlorien
-Eaves of Fangorn
-Helm's Deep
-Dunharrow
-Minas Tirith
-Mirkwood
-The Black Gate

More may be added later, but these are for certain. Osgiliath is one that I'd like to change a bit (can you say Boromir?). I may edit the Evil campaign a bit, but as this is the Elven Alliance, I don't think it's worth adding in Gothmog and Ugluk to a few missions.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:00 PM

im so glad the campaign is being edited. the only other mod that ive played that edits the elvenstar mod. and all they really did was add their new heros to it.

Edit: i just read what you are trying to do in Dunharrow.

So I've been screwing around with the campaign missions again. Got through Lothlorien rather easily and spent a couple frustrating days on Helm's Deep. Now I'm at Dunharrow and I've reached an irritating dilemma. Absolutely none of the scripts I write in are working: even the simple Experience script that gives Elrond 8 levels refuses to happen. I've tried getting everything to work in numerous ways (I've tried using waypoints and trigger areas as well as subroutines; spawning the scripted units as well as physically placing them on the field). Is there something with the Campaign Dunharrow mission that doesn't allow for new scripts to be used?

Just as a reference, here is the result I'm trying to achieve:
-Elrond (Level 8) moves from the cliff to just infront of the player's base, where Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli are waiting (none of these units are controllable by the player)
-When Elrond gets to Aragorn, a sound is played (a shortened version of their dialogue at Dunharrow). At the same time, two timers are set: one that will expire when Elrond says "They will answer to the King of Gondor", the other when he says "Take the Dimholt road"
-When the first timer expires, Aragorn receives the Anduril upgrade and a level up with FX (the actual level up isn't important, it's the animation and FX)
-When the second timer expires, Aragorn leaves the map via a waypath. At the same time, a timer is set for two seconds.
-When said timer expires, Legolas and Gimli follow him on their own waypaths. Elrond flashes for 2 seconds and is joined with the Rohan army.
-When Aragorn reaches a certain point on the Haunted Road, he enters a trigger area that plays a sound (Gamling and Theoden talking about Aragorn leaving)

All of this is scripted, but absolutely nothing is happening. So irritating.

Edited by adummy, 07 August 2006 - 09:08 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Guest_fighting uruk hai_*

Guest_fighting uruk hai_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:02 AM

well maybe change them so more units come or something else like that.

excellent!
Im gonna play this mod and certainly wont lose intrest!

#15 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:39 PM

Image no. 53, the one with Celeborn and Galadriel doesn't work. But the update is great, I just can't wait to play the mod.

#16 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:50 PM

yeah what he said. also have you already given Glorfindel all of his powers?
Posted Image

#17 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:31 PM

Image no. 53, the one with Celeborn and Galadriel doesn't work. But the update is great, I just can't wait to play the mod.

Fixed.

yeah what he said. also have you already given Glorfindel all of his powers?

I could swear I posted that somewhere. Anyway, I'll update his Hero information on the site with the next update (which will be very soon).

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:42 PM

With these updates, who can blame you for being away for a time ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#19 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:19 AM

true. at least when your gone you come back with a bunch of stuff.

Edit: yup you have told us before. i just checked the glorfindel power page and you said this.

Level 1: Mount ~ Fastest mount along with Arwen and Gandalf (though Arwen still beats him overall with her Noro Lim ability)
Level 1: Revealed in Wrath ~ Frightens all nearby enemies (including most heroes) and makes them run away
Level ?: This ability isn't working yet... Stupid thing. May be removed for a normal leadership ability.
Level 8: Sacrifice ~ Kills the targeted unit (including the Balrog) and Glorfindel. Glorfindel is able to survive this ability (barely) at level 10.
Level 9: Light of the Noldor ~ Fires blasts of light at the targeted area

Edit 2: are you still working on the rhovanion alliance? and if so, is everything going well.

Edited by adummy, 10 August 2006 - 04:01 AM.

Posted Image

#20 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:09 AM

Edit 2: are you still working on the rhovanion alliance? and if so, is everything going well.

Yes and well enough.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users