autodesk 3ds max 8

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 question

question
  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:36 PM

I want to learn to know how to construct make animation for building.

How to use a 3ds max8 to make buildings--animate buildings.

and Infantry how do I make my own work infantry in 3ds max8.

#2 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:27 PM

Your best off looking up 3d modelling tutorials on Google etc as it’s not something you can just explain in a post.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Guest_Guest_login_*_*

Guest_Guest_login_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:21 PM

If you know how you can explain it.

#4 Blade

Blade

title available

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:30 PM

Thats not nessesarily true, the way you understand something and can do something is not nessesarily something you can easily explain to another person and even if you can, they might not understand it.

#5 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:24 AM

If he did say, you mightn't understand anyway. Trust us, (we're experts ^_^), the bast way to learn is by doing. Find a step by step tut and do it thrice.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#6 Guest_Guest_login_*_*

Guest_Guest_login_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:27 AM

how did you learn? what did you do? give me a website?

its ok- I will try to understand and learn, just give a tutorial.
If really youre all experts.

#7 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:31 PM

I only know how to use Maya, not max. It came with the tuts, and I'd be both surprised and disapointed if 3DS max didn't. I'd also be surprised if, failing that, it doesn't suggest anything in the manual. Or, skip the shortcuts and actually read the manual.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#8 ihateharriers

ihateharriers

Supreme Commander of Flying Squirrel Army

• Hosted
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:YR: Air Wars, Sorta Secret Tiberian Thing, staying alive
  •  Flying Squirrels - Even Crazier Than Me!!

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:24 PM

3d modeling is not as easy as it seems - i had your mentality when i started, and i found out quickly how much harder it really is. and it's not like one tutorial is gonna tell you everything - the amount of possibilities are endless when comes to modelling, and perhaps the best thing to do is just find a program and start screwin around, finding out what happens when you do this or that. that's how i learned, and it took a bit longer than a tutorial, but at least i understand what i am doing and not just knowing what i am doing.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Congrats, mate!!

#9 Lee

Lee

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 2,313 posts
  • Projects:Life
  • Division:Art & Design
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:56 PM

Good advise there. I recommend that to anyone who is new to Photoshop.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Blade

Blade

title available

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:42 AM

how did you learn? what did you do? give me a website?

its ok- I will try to understand and learn, just give a tutorial.
If really youre all experts.

Its not as simple as that, we aren't nessesarily experts in all the various steps you need to go through to go from having your 3D program to getting a final useable .shp to put into the game. Tutorials have already been made on how to compile a set of images into a .shp file, and there are plenty of tutorials out there on modeling and animating characters. You are just being lazy and seem to think we have some magic formula that will turn out easy .shp files for you. When you have read the modelling and animation tutorials that come with 3DSMax and have a model that has all its animations done and all you need to do is set the right angle to render from and perhaps a few other settings that are specific to making TS/RA2 .shp files THEN I might consider making a tutorial for those RA2 specific bits that you won't find info on elsewhere. You also need to look for the RA2 3ds max toolset that Flyby wrote (and others subsequently improved...version 1.2 now I think), its not nessesary but makes some things easier, but again you don't need it until you have a model. I'm not going to waste my time making a tutorial for you when you don't seem to even know the basics of using 3DSMax.

#11 Hogo

Hogo

Pro Mapper XD

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,295 posts
  • Projects:Enemy Enhanced, Mapping
  •  Friendly face
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Staff

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:15 PM

3d modeling is not as easy as it seems - i had your mentality when i started, and i found out quickly how much harder it really is. and it's not like one tutorial is gonna tell you everything - the amount of possibilities are endless when comes to modelling, and perhaps the best thing to do is just find a program and start screwin around, finding out what happens when you do this or that. that's how i learned, and it took a bit longer than a tutorial, but at least i understand what i am doing and not just knowing what i am doing.

yeah i fort it was going to be easy but ive just started and it is very hard starting off but keep trying i have some one showing me how to do it over msn so i have more help but its stil very hard

#12 BobingAbout

BobingAbout

Serious Modder

• Hosted
  • 1,288 posts
  • Projects:R:ROTC, Destructivality, Factorio Mods
  •  Coder

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:59 AM

to anyone wanting to use photoshop for modding, i recomend not doing it, use paint shop pro instead, its a lot easier to learn how to use, and for the most part, it does everything you need it to do.

i can't use any 3D modeling program, but i do have to SHP things from hunty. the ammount of work i had to do on the 4 3d model shps in R:ROTC was a lot of work. first 1 i did was the barracks, and i forgot to remove colours unefected by light, and i didn't really want to do it again, so, the barracks looks crap compaired to the others...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Hogo

Hogo

Pro Mapper XD

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,295 posts
  • Projects:Enemy Enhanced, Mapping
  •  Friendly face
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Staff

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:41 PM

i find PS easier than PSP ive been using PSP longer and i can not done much on it

#14 Blade

Blade

title available

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:45 PM

I've made palettes to apply that remove the full bright colours, much easier than trying to remove them manually or with colour replace.

#15 BobingAbout

BobingAbout

Serious Modder

• Hosted
  • 1,288 posts
  • Projects:R:ROTC, Destructivality, Factorio Mods
  •  Coder

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:48 AM

i did the same, but i supose i'm being lazy, because all i have to do is convert the SHP to images, fix the pallete, then convert back.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:52 PM

To be honest i think a combination of both PS and PSP is very good. PSP for applying pallets and doing the simple stuff and PS for the shading lighting etc. Works for me now :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users