• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#41 Legs

Legs

Shipwright of The Teleri

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:18 PM

it is our concern if we wish it to be our concern.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Utúlie'n Aurë! Aiya Eldalië Ar Atanatarni, Utúlie'n Aurë!

#42 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:18 PM

It's our concern when people who have done nothing themselves get a whole forum dedicated to their "modding studio", whereas talented members have to show tons of evidence to get a small sub forum

It's even more of a concern when practically the whole forum agrees this modding studio will not last more than a few months

Edited by zimoo, 10 August 2006 - 05:19 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#43 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:19 PM

Can i ask, why the doctor does not deserve this site. I know what you guys said about the lack of work, i'm not arguing against you i just wanna find out what is going on. Is there any reason why he does not deserve it? Are you saying theres more than just the lack of work but something wrong with his character?

#44 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

Battles of Gondor mod leader

• Hosted
  • 976 posts
  • Projects:Battles of Gondor
  •  coder, skinner, mapper, graphics

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:20 PM

its a concern that any random noob can come and apply for this. WHen i had to show work when i wanted my sub forum.
Posted Image
Posted Image
a mod for rotwk, includes Harad, Rhun, Rohan and Southern Fiefdoms Factions, beta released, site/forums for the mod is here.

#45 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:21 PM

A domain doesn't give anyone admin status here. A division does. A modding studio is not considered a division of the network, neither the successfull AWD. Whatever will happen to The Doctor and Legacy Studios is up to Hostile.

We are hosting it here, if it will have a featured section at T3A like AWD is up to Hostile and the other 2 The 3rd Age admins (specially them, since they are the ones responsible for this area).
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#46 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:23 PM

My problem with the Doctor is that he can't mod himself, alright, he can do some very basic stuff.. I think. Not enough to lead a modding studio, that's for sure. Also, the air he creates around him, like he's some celeb kinda guy, greatly annoys me. That's personal, yes.

The main reason why I find this Doctor division idiotic is because he can't mod. It's like giving my little sister a whole division for herself because she donates her pocket money to Revora..

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#47 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:26 PM

Well this is news to me. The answer lies in the fact that the forum was placed in the wrong spot that's all. It belongs in the hosted section of BFME regardless of it's own domain.

Until I see significant progress that is. Kelso's section is there because he had already released a completed mod before coming here. Let me go and place it in the BFME hosted section where it belongs.

#48 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:34 PM

then it is ok. from my point of view there goes about that this guy doesnt deserve his own section.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  • Projects:Quite a Few
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:45 PM

NOT BE ABLE TO MOD?!?!?

give me a few days and i'll do something. No idea what but i'll prove you wrong!

Dmain | I-Cold | earthWhois
Dmain Now offers .mobi extensions....why? Because we can :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update: EAW Galaxy is almost ready for launch. We're currently in need of forum staff and content writers for the main site. Please PM or Email me ASAP.

BFME Fans if you think you have what it takes, bfmeworld.com would love to be built. I have neither the time, nor the motivation any longer...

#50 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:47 PM

NOT BE ABLE TO MOD?!?!?

give me a few days and i'll do something. No idea what but i'll prove you wrong!

Not be able to mod? wth?

#51 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

Battles of Gondor mod leader

• Hosted
  • 976 posts
  • Projects:Battles of Gondor
  •  coder, skinner, mapper, graphics

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:52 PM

you can mod, but just nothing of quality as proven just now on msn. We asked you to show the work your most proud of, you said your looking but then you disappeard....

So yes im sure ur shock us with anouther plain blue with white stripes celeborn or what ever.

Posted Image

by the way notice the face on this cirdan, made by one of the best modders around.

Posted Image

Edited by Tom8778, 10 August 2006 - 05:57 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
a mod for rotwk, includes Harad, Rhun, Rohan and Southern Fiefdoms Factions, beta released, site/forums for the mod is here.

#52 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:10 PM

NOT BE ABLE TO MOD?!?!?

Yes, that is what I said. Please, do prove me wrong..

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#53 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:16 PM

Tom, don't you dare bring me into this.

All Anti-Doc banners must be removed from signatures IMMEDIATELY.

It absolutely sickens me that some of you people reported some of Doctor's posts in this because you found them "offensive". And then I come here to see what's wrong, and I find you all wearing these insulting banners. Everything offensive in this thread has come from you people: the only thing the Doc did wrong was swear (and under the circumstances, I feel it justified).

Any further issues with the domain will be dealt with by the admins. Anything personal out of any of you on both sides, will get special treatment from myself.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:21 PM

The only thing he has done thats wrong is swear? try talking to Hybrid and Hostile.....

Edited by FlameGuard, 10 August 2006 - 06:22 PM.

#55 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:23 PM

Ok, I would like to try to clear something up. You aren't attacking VAL as a whole right? Most of our members are very talented in the feild that they work in, and it wouldn't be fair if you were shooting us down because of Doc's problems... Yes, the Doctor has almost no modding skills whatsoever. Yes, he started half a million sites and gave them up. Yes, he tried to make the members of VAL leave BFME modding for EaW. Yes, he acts like a show off. Yes, he quit VAL. But those are his issues. As for me, Argolis, Valandil/Feanor/Anorian/Ben (what do you like to be called again? I forgot) and Eldarion, we are capable modders, I do not want our names ruined because of Doc. I do not support Doc with his little "Legacy Studios" thingy, thats his venture. All I agreed to was to stay in VAL as a Coder. Doc, if you think you can come back and be the leader, you are dead wrong. You can come back, but I will leave unless Argolis stays in command.
Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#56 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:25 PM

The only thing he has done thats wrong is swear? try talking to Hybrid and Hostile.....

In public.

Everything else is staff business and none of yours.

Edited by Celeglin, 10 August 2006 - 06:26 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:25 PM

Fingulfin we are not attacking val. This is about doc alone.
Celegin just please talk to hostile and hybrid and get the facts.

Edited by FlameGuard, 10 August 2006 - 06:27 PM.

#58 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:28 PM

Celegin just please talk to hostile and such and get the facts.

I have talked to him and I have the facts. All I see is a bunch of whining hypocrites bitching about something that doesn't concern them.

Leave staff business to the staff.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:34 PM

When some of the staff contact us and tell us stuff does it not become a concern?

#60 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:39 PM

Look, I do not tolerate hate clubs. I know what The Doctor did, but what you people did is worse in mind. I don't care who told you what. Your immature reaction to the situation proved that you do not have the capability to deal with the situation properly.

I'm off to do some phone calls. Don't expect an immediate answer out of me.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users