• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:10 PM

You all know me and know what i'm capable of, and i decided to make yet another mod (HOWEVER this one isnt massive) The name of the mod is Three Ages Mod, now i will leave out the details seeing as i want it to be sort of secrative, but you are welcome to guess and i'll give hints. Now seeing as this mod doesnt add alot of new stuff, it does though require hours of aching coding, so i would like to request help of one skilled coder. Also this will require some new buildings, and seeing as i am utterly useless in buildings, i would like to request a building modeler and animator... dont know how many of those there are.... All i will say, is i plan on introducing vapulas heroes (the ones that EA didnt already remake) to the game and there will be a bunch of huge twists in the playing of a multiplayer or skirmish match, there will be all new HUGE elements of strategy!

So all in all, judging by my trust that all of you know this will be a solid mod, i hope to find one coder and one building modeler to aid me in making this mod.

I'll tell you if by any small chance it fails, so if theres no comments for weeks, it just means were hard at work to finish it not that we arent working.

Kwen--

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#2 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  • Projects:Valarian mod studios, Kingdom of heaven mod co-leader
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 13 August 2006 - 08:00 PM

hmmm umm this mod sounds just farmilar, prolly is not but lol.....
'I can harness the very energy within the walls of this place, and bind them too me, I can turn the air in your lungs to fire, and you....you are nothing more than leaves in a storm, did you really think you could face me here and survive'

- Ammon Jerro, Court Warlock of Neverwinter, lord of Haven

#3 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:08 AM

familliar in what way?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  • Projects:Valarian mod studios, Kingdom of heaven mod co-leader
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:15 PM

donno, just does...mabye some other mod ages back had the same sort of ideas...
'I can harness the very energy within the walls of this place, and bind them too me, I can turn the air in your lungs to fire, and you....you are nothing more than leaves in a storm, did you really think you could face me here and survive'

- Ammon Jerro, Court Warlock of Neverwinter, lord of Haven

#5 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:08 PM

alls i know is i got the base of the mod coded, now to code the last 99% of the coding

#6 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:56 AM

okay well, i was going to make this a private beta, but i decided against it, now this is Ages of Middle-Earth (new name) its a mod that makes each faction have three ages, pretty basic huh?

there are two factions with the age added mordor and elves,
you can avance to the next age at the fortress at a cost of 4000
(bug, to use 2nd age buildings and new unit you need to build a new porter after going to the second age, and need to build a new barracks/orc pit once in the second age)

just play around and enjoy!

http://www.yousendit...93DD97B500D3439

(note, when gil-galad dies it might cause a game.dat, source not yet found)

2nd relese soon to come, with new factions and mini factions to be included!

Edited by SDK Kwen, 22 August 2006 - 01:14 AM.

#7 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:31 PM

well, my mods dying fast, theres no help at all to be found, and i'm not enough of a coder to do it alone, so... i guess i'll relse my final version (not even 1/4 of what i wanted) and then let the mod die quietly.....

#8 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:41 PM

you could try to code it yourself. it's by far the easiest part of modding and also the fastest to get answers for
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#9 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:55 PM

and in reply to 2playgames i have coded it myself, its too big and too much for such a shitty modder to do.

Well, here it is i guess version 1.0 of the Ages of Middle-Earth

This mod includes:

New ages for each faction, 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

Each faction gets 2-3 units in the first age and 1-2 heroes.

At the cost of 4000$ you are able to advance to the next age, more units and heroes unlocked

And once more you can advance to the third for another 4000$

All heroes unlocked and units are all available

Only three factions are affected Men, Elves and Mordor

(gil-galad causes game.dat when he dies and his spell does not work)

on a side not i will NOT be doing any more to this mod UNLESS someone magicly comes along and offers to help me acually make it to at that i leave you with the ages of middle earth

http://www.yousendit...24040FC725B8ED4

Now thats its here and out, it can quietly die in the darkness of the corner, in the casket of poor little shit ass modder kwen.

and if theres errors, please try top fix them yourself, i dont want to mod this alone anymore

Edited by SDK Kwen, 30 August 2006 - 10:56 PM.

#10 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:29 AM

hmmmmmmmmmm, i acually thought someone would have cared.....

ohh WTF i'm outta here, dont plan on seeing me around t3a anymore

#11 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  • Projects:Visions, The Four Ages
  •  Not active

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:19 AM

Huh... :lol: g...o...o...d...b...y...e...

Retired

#12 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:27 PM

Huh... :p g...o...o...d...b...y...e...

Same here.... Goodbye? I guess... :lol:
Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#13 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

Battles of Gondor mod leader

• Hosted
  • 976 posts
  • Projects:Battles of Gondor
  •  coder, skinner, mapper, graphics

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:08 PM

urm this seems rather stupid, just because there is noone who has the same intrest or time for this project, u simply say good bye to the comunity?

oh well what ever, goodbye
Posted Image
Posted Image
a mod for rotwk, includes Harad, Rhun, Rohan and Southern Fiefdoms Factions, beta released, site/forums for the mod is here.

#14 Theo

Theo

Hey look, im a VIP.

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Projects:Being lazy.

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:35 PM

yeah u only gave it a day for people to reply, but bye.

#15 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:40 PM

More like less than 2 hours.

Anyway, so long Kwen, it's sad to see another talented modder leave

Edited by zimoo, 31 August 2006 - 09:41 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#16 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:46 PM

don't want to be rude but you're kinda overreacting here...
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#17 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:57 AM

WoW, Im agreeing with the others here.... Just beacuse no one replied within how long? 2hours? or even a day you leave T3A and the bfme community.... Thats a little pathetic. Your pretty talented as this mod shows you have modding skills. You shouldnt just up and leave beacuse no one replied within such sort time.
How many mods get help? seeing as you have been here a while you should know that :D Anyway its up to you... do what you want. If your going then bye.

#18 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:22 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i hednt expected it to go this far, so before it elevates to anything more i guess i have to blow my secret, i had not canceled my mod. no no its very much in work, i have recently completed mini factions,. nobody was paying attention, so i figured i'd start a little ruccuss. however i over did it, and before anyone goes ant thinks i'm a complete moron......... probly too late but...... anyways, i will relese a REAL beta soon :lol:

and i dont need help

#19 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:29 PM

:lol:

Thats all I have to say.
Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#20 Theo

Theo

Hey look, im a VIP.

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Projects:Being lazy.