Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:42 AM

Campaign Update #2 - 13/08/06

This update's campaign mission is Minas Tirith. The original really lost any challenge when the mod made it possible to have a fully upgraded Gondorian army with a Command Point limit of around 450. While there are still some kinks to be ironed out, this mission is pretty well completed. Here's a list of new features:

Minas Tirith

- Gothmog now arrives with the first wave of Mordor, mounted on his Warg.When he gets to his commanding position (just outside of trebuchet range), he dismounts and stays there until a way into the city is created.
- Catapults have less range than they used to (around 550, rather than 650). Trebuchets ramge increased to match Catapult range.
- Three out of ever four Orc Warriors will have a Morgul orc model and skin.
- There are now at least 10 times as many Mordor Orc Warriors, Soldiers of Rhun, and Haradrim Warriors throughout the mission. Six times as many Orc Archers, three times as many seige towers, and twice as many Mumakil.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

As always, check the Screens page for captions.

Next order of business comes from the lovely Morgan Casey. Some of you may know her as the musical genious behind the score for the Rhovanion Alliance mod. Some time ago, Ms. Casey kindly put together a theme for The Elven Alliance, entitled Imladris Unleashed. You'll be hearing this place in a number of places, but I thought now would be a good time to give you a short sample. Make sure to check out Morgan's website here.

Posted Image

You may have noticed that Glorfindel is looking a little different in the above banner. I've wanted to give Glorfindel a heavy armour upgrade, so here it is.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:15 AM

sounds like the army is big :ohmy: lol.. i know what the gondorian soldiers will look like after the poo their pants :ohmy:

yeah, lol

yo celi? i like the new music u posted on their.. now.. how do i get that to my ipod :D

#3 Eldarion

Eldarion

Global nomad

• Project Team
  • 407 posts
  • Projects:MME, this and that
  •  Skinner, modeler, and coder

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:59 AM

Nice screens :ohmy: . I'm glad Minas Tirith is going to be harder - it was way too easy in the original game :D . Haven't listened to the music yet, but having heard Ms. Casey's work before, I'm sure it'll be fantastic :ohmy: . And I really love Glorfindel's armor upgrade, though the lowest part of the skirt (the gray part that makes it a full skirt) looks just a tad odd and out-of-place. Perhaps you might try removing that part, making the skirt the same shape as Elrond's? Just a suggestion :ohmy: .
Posted Image

#4 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:11 AM

:D great job celeglin. also if you could, will you add gothmog to osglilath too? finally we will have a difficult time in minas tirith.
Posted Image

#5 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  • Projects:Visions, The Four Ages
  •  Not active

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:57 AM

Brilliant. All apart from one thing.... lag in the Minas Tirith map. You said you tripled or quadrupled the amounts of some hordes there. What's it gonna be like?

Retired

#6 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:29 AM

Nice update. As always Celeglin your skins are awesome and Glorfindel's armour upgrade is the best one I've seen yet. Though I'd have to agree with Mullers: the Minas Tirith mission would be pretty laggy.

Edited by Olorin, 14 August 2006 - 10:36 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#7 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 01:30 PM

And I really love Glorfindel's armor upgrade, though the lowest part of the skirt (the gray part that makes it a full skirt) looks just a tad odd and out-of-place. Perhaps you might try removing that part, making the skirt the same shape as Elrond's? Just a suggestion :ninja: .

Nope, I like it this way. Plus, this way rigs much better to the skeleton than Elrond's.

;) great job celeglin. also if you could, will you add gothmog to osglilath too? finally we will have a difficult time in minas tirith.

I was thinking of it, but since Osgiliath doesn't really play like how the books or movies set it out, I don't think I could logically have Gothmog die there... Unless I script it that he flees on sight...

All apart from one thing.... lag in the Minas Tirith map. You said you tripled or quadrupled the amounts of some hordes there. What's it gonna be like?

I will be removing all leadership FX and seeing what I can do about the Darkness FX for the map. There will still be lag, but as these two things cause the majority of it, I should be able to cut it down sufficiently.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:23 PM

I will be removing all leadership FX and seeing what I can do about the Darkness FX for the map.

arg, alphas :)
Anyways, Back on Topic (BOT) I want to tell you, this mod....... is gonna..... rock... so much....!!!!! :ninja:
And, about the Ai thats awsome!!!

Btw, will Grond make a challange this time then?
[Flashback] I remember the first time I played MT, when the gate broke down, I though "No, crap, they'll win for sure!"..... *some minutes later, when it's looking brighter*......"How dumb am I? The gate broke down in the movies too!" ;) ..... Since then I've never lost the gate! :p :grin: [/Flashback]

Edited by Lauri, 14 August 2006 - 03:47 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#9 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts
  • Projects:Galaxy at War, Rhovanion Alliance

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:36 PM

OK, first off, Glorfindel looks awesome. I really love that design.

Also, it is true, when I play BFME I always just edit the ini to make catapults have greater range and have tried to make a better MT. You are doing this, but much better. I'm really glad to hear this, and really looking forward to it. Great job.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:58 PM

[Flashback] I remember the first time I played MT, when the gate broke down, I though "No, crap, they'll win for sure!"..... *some minutes later, when it's looking brighter*......"How dumb am I? The gate broke down in the movies too!" ;) ..... Since then I've never lost the gate! :grin: :ninja: [/Flashback]

lol... I don't think I understood half of that flashback :p .

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:37 PM

well for gothmog just take a page out of EA's book. once he's heath reaches like 1/3 of his normal heath, turn him into a unit no one can attack and have him flee the map.

[Flashback] I remember the first time I played MT, when the gate broke down, I though "No, crap, they'll win for sure!"..... *some minutes later, when it's looking brighter*......"How dumb am I? The gate broke down in the movies too!" ;) ..... Since then I've never lost the gate! ^_^ :dry: [/Flashback]

:lol: same thing happened to me on it + the deeping wall being destroyed the first time a played. never since that time have either been destroyed

Edited by adummy, 14 August 2006 - 10:37 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 04:09 AM

;) same thing happened to me on it + the deeping wall being destroyed the first time a played. never since that time have either been destroyed

lol. I can understand the Deeping Wall bit (though you'll be hard pressed to keep it standing in my mod, unless you really watch for the mines), but I didn't know that you could actually stop Grond. If I understand you correctly, tell me how you stopped Grond, and I'll make sure it can't happen in the mod.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 04:20 AM

well an easy way is to put elven wood by the gate so all units there lose leadership. then just have archers w/ fire arrows shoot him. have gandalf/faramir/boromir stand by them so they get attack/defense bonses. also just summon eagles/rohrrim/ents and have them attack grond before he really even gets to close to the gate.
Posted Image

#14 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:26 AM

Is it not too late to implement(If you like it) my idea? Well here is it: Why don't give orc archers normal orc warriors skin too? Here are pro's of it:

+ More variety
+ They look more harder
+ Eye candy

And only one con:

- more work

But I don't think such small thing is a problem to you....what do you think?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:41 PM

Grond only broke through my gate once at Minas Tirith. I had several highly ranked archer hordes non-stop firing at him, Faramir using Wounding Arrow everytime it recharged, Gandalf using Lightning Sword and Istari Light, and trebuchets hurling flaming boulders at it. Not to mention all the leadership that was being applied to the archers.

Even with all that I still only just managed to kill him in time, and with the new amounts of orcs it looks like I'll have to focus my archers on them, rather than Grond
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#16 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 02:26 PM

Grond should be immortal and after breaking the gate should escape from map. ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 15 August 2006 - 04:33 PM

escape?? :lol:

well, me and zimoo is doing it both! *babbling again* I did just as he did!
Only, I didn't have the troops in a high rank, and didn't use Faramir's special arrow more than once, and I didn't use the summons on Grond, only troops, to keep mine helthy :rolleyes:

About MT: There should come a normal ram in the first wave, then when it's destoyed (or the whole wave) Gothy should say "Bring up the wolf's head!" then 2nd wave and Grond arrives :shiftee:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#18 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:09 PM

escape?? :lol:

well, me and zimoo is doing it both! *babbling again* I did just as he did!
Only, I didn't have the troops in a high rank, and didn't use Faramir's special arrow more than once, and I didn't use the summons on Grond, only troops, to keep mine helthy :rolleyes:

About MT: There should come a normal ram in the first wave, then when it's destoyed (or the whole wave) Gothy should say "Bring up the wolf's head!" then 2nd wave and Grond arrives :shiftee:

Grond should had bigger attack and small rams lowered attack and come in 4-5...There was only 1 ram at film but many orcs tried to hit the gate BUT something alike that is not possible....so give few rams.....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Guest_master obi-wan_*

Guest_master obi-wan_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:14 PM

this all are good ideas
band if ya could make please make the third and highest step of MT useable.

#20 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:10 AM

Is it not too late to implement(If you like it) my idea? Well here is it: Why don't give orc archers normal orc warriors skin too? Here are pro's of it:

+ More variety
+ They look more harder
+ Eye candy

And only one con:

- more work

But I don't think such small thing is a problem to you....what do you think?

Way ahead of you. I already coded that in. For some reason, though, it didn't work. I'll look into it.

Grond should be immortal and after breaking the gate should escape from map. :shiftee:

I think I'll try that. I've also been informed that opening the gate when Grond is at it works to stem the invasion as Grond just stands there blocking the gate. I'll see if I can take control of the gate away from the player when they close it. Anyone who complains can go build a postern gate :lol: .

About MT: There should come a normal ram in the first wave, then when it's destoyed (or the whole wave) Gothy should say "Bring up the wolf's head!" then 2nd wave and Grond arrives :rolleyes:

I can do that. I'll see if I get around to it.

this all are good ideas
band if ya could make please make the third and highest step of MT useable.

Far too much work to get that to work. Sorry.

Edited by Celeglin, 16 August 2006 - 12:16 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users