Scripts When Put Into Another Map Lag It Very Bad

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Pete_*

Guest_Pete_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2004 - 04:04 AM

HEY HEY,

I have a good portion of scripts written and i thought i would play around with a friend on aother map to kind of show him how they work, and they lagged the map out so much it could not be played.

The odd part is the scripts run fine in the map i created them in.

I made sure that all the needed waypoints and trigger areas were within the new map.

I Made sure it was the scripts by loading in the old original scripts and watching the map run smoothly. then i imported the new scripts and the darn thing slowed down so much it was hard to even close the darn game down.

What i dont get is that the original map that i wrote the scripts in runs beautifully but when i import them into another map they lag it out extremely...... :uh:

ANY HELP OR INFO MUCH APPRECIATED hehe

#2 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 27 June 2004 - 07:39 AM

Hmm was the "Auto Verify" checkbox turned off BEFORE importing? That way it will take some minutes before it has checked all the scripts.. and the number of yours is certainly not to be underestimated :)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#3 Chronologic

Chronologic
  • Project Team
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 08:42 PM

It's time consuming, but I would recheck everything, maybe you missed a small detail which is causing the scripts to loop over and over, causing the lag. Other problems might include presence of certain objects inside trigger areas, which trigger scripts continuously.

It's the best advice I can give you.

#4 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 03 July 2004 - 09:55 PM

Ah chronologic! You've invented our name as far as I can remember :umad:

Pete, (old man, old man pete, OMP, whatever :D ) check if some of the more performance eating scripts (I know you have many heh) have the "Deactivate upon success" box checked if needed - also try running it with the script debugger.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users