#1 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:31 PM

Enjoy.. the supposed quick fix release that was supposed to be out ages ago but ended up as test bed for improvements..here it is finally..

However I would point out..not much new art involved.. the new art is for 2.0. If thats only interest..wait for 2.0 ;)

RS 1.99 gameplay enhancement build

Also works with RP if you must insist on it... :p

and off to 2.0 development then ;)
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#2 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:48 PM

Yay! Congrats on the release and good luck with 2.0 :p.

#3 Gaffel

Gaffel

title available

• Members
  • 387 posts
  •  <-_->

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:41 PM

i love Robot Storm :shiftee: My favorite mod, the special with robot storm is the advance weapons that no one else can make

oh, and the ore extractor, it looks like it work on a other way than Allied Generals ore extractor tut, could you write a tut how you make it?

#4 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

Dragon Awesomeness for the Win!

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts
  • Projects:FC Alpha tester, Enigma Advisor

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:15 AM

This should be fun. :grin:

Mods have a way of getting large on you, no?

Looking forward to trying it out. :shiftee:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 17 August 2006 - 07:46 AM

i love Robot Storm :p My favorite mod, the special with robot storm is the advance weapons that no one else can make

oh, and the ore extractor, it looks like it work on a other way than Allied Generals ore extractor tut, could you write a tut how you make it?

Well thanks Gaffel...plenty more of advance weapons to come in 2.0 where stolen tech be finished..mobile particle tanks and god knows what..me gone insane there (can't spoil it for you) :shiftee:

Sure, I'll write a tutorial on it, its the only truly efficient ore spawning method that you can nicely control :grin:

Edit: here is the ore tutorial with coding http://forums.revora...showtopic=38062

Edited by Apollo, 17 August 2006 - 09:35 AM.

Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#6 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:00 AM

But i want 2.0 Now :(
Posted Image

#7 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:37 AM

then vote here http://forums.revora...showtopic=37831 Xeno :shiftee:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#8 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 17 August 2006 - 07:42 PM

List of changes?

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#9 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 17 August 2006 - 07:46 PM

Change no 1: Your sig is too big :p.

Maybe he wants us to find out for ourselves :p. I'll give it a try in one of the next few days :sleep:.

#10 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:09 PM

Compared to 1.98 beta previously available? I can name a few changes:

Drain Drone name and purpose changed...now Scrambler Disc and it is sorta like Chaos in its weapon.

Hack Tower logic means is changed from MM get-damaged-while-MCing to a limited thing. Also has gapgen capacity for a very small radius.

Various graphical changes.

Shredder Drone removed.

Build limits on many more powerful units to lessen spammage. Same goes for aerial units.

AI is even bigger cheater now.

More stuff I can't think of :p

#11 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:46 AM

Ore Generators... RockPatch compatibility.. Cents no longer requiring Core.. Armour changes..

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:18 AM

I dunno why Apollo removed the Core requirement. I thought it was a really nifty feature. I might've suggested moving it to the Battle Lab, but I really did like that feature. Something to allow a swift lightning move by the other side to really punish NEXUS.

#13 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 11:14 AM

Maybe the requirement was removed for balance. The other sides can't have their top tanks shut down, so Apollo removed it from Nexus. It was cool though.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Elerium

Elerium

Road test? Me? But I gotta go save the world!

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 19 August 2006 - 11:27 AM

I dunno why Apollo removed the Core requirement. I thought it was a really nifty feature. I might've suggested moving it to the Battle Lab, but I really did like that feature. Something to allow a swift lightning move by the other side to really punish NEXUS.

I agree.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:20 PM

It was buggy, sometimes Cents wouldnt work despite you have a Core. :p But it was a nice addition, gave NEXUS a weakness since they do have the most powerful unit imo. :)

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#16 Anarchy87

Anarchy87
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 01:15 PM

Maybe the requirement was removed for balance. The other sides can't have their top tanks shut down, so Apollo removed it from Nexus. It was cool though.

-Devastators explode when destroyed, usually taking your own units with them. (or the lesser buildings in your base.)
-Decimaters have no Anti Air attack so thats thier treu weakness. (that and they often kill each other if a fast unit gets close enough..*grumble*)

-The only real weakness of the centurions were that they wouldn't function with out the nexus core. since it has a powerfull attack, anti air. etc only thing it cant do is level up. but the unit is so powerfull it doesn't need veterancy.

so I don't think it was removed for balance sake :p

#17 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 19 August 2006 - 02:09 PM

-Devastators explode when destroyed, usually taking your own units with them. (or the lesser buildings in your base.)
-Decimaters have no Anti Air attack so thats thier treu weakness. (that and they often kill each other if a fast unit gets close enough..*grumble*)

-The only real weakness of the centurions were that they wouldn't function with out the nexus core. since it has a powerfull attack, anti air. etc only thing it cant do is level up. but the unit is so powerfull it doesn't need veterancy.

so I don't think it was removed for balance sake :p

No, just removed functionality wise as it had its issues..purely the robot tank disable logic should only be used for hover units... besides I think people are overrating centurions, as for devastators exploding, they are typeimmune to their fellow devas exploding while other unit types arent so devas are best separated from other units in an attack.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#18 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:42 PM

If that's the case, make Adv Robot Tanks or Annihilators have the control-centre weakness. Lord knows, THAT would be a sting in the tail for NEXUS :p

#19 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:27 PM

If that's the case, make Adv Robot Tanks or Annihilators have the control-centre weakness. Lord knows, THAT would be a sting in the tail for NEXUS :p

That's a good idea. Probably the Annihilators. Unless the centurions are redesigned. That's not likely though.

Speaking of Annihilators, when at top speed the weapon dissappears, you don't see it hitting anymore.

Edited by nemoricus, 19 August 2006 - 11:24 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Lee

Lee

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 2,313 posts
  • Projects:Life
  • Division:Art & Design
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 20 August 2006 - 12:52 AM