53 replies to this topic

#21 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

Dragon Awesomeness for the Win!

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts
  • Projects:FC Alpha tester, Enigma Advisor

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:53 PM

Annihilators can destroy walls and bridges. I'm not sure that they should be able to. They use a gatting weapon, right? Unless the sheer force of so many bullets breaks down the structure.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:17 PM

Intended..it is heavy gatling weapon with rather insane firepower for an gatling :huh:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#23 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:32 PM

I thought so. Thanks for clarification.

EDIT: I believe that the scrambler disc and zephyr drones are in each others places in the tech tree. Keep the Zephyr's build limit, that's good. It just seems that the scrambler disc is more high-tech than the zephyr.

EDIT2: Gray looks pink in the color selection screen. The NEXUS MCV is amphibious. Paradox, could you update the manual with this detail? Sorry for nitpicking, I just want people to have accurate information.

EDIT3: Interesting. I had to play Robot Storm on a different computer and the gray color does in fact look gray on it. Weird.

Edited by nemoricus, 20 August 2006 - 11:57 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Guest_PIZZA_*

Guest_PIZZA_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:43 PM

;) :p :wub: i WOV THIS MOD!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

#25 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:09 AM

I thought so. Thanks for clarification.

EDIT: I believe that the scrambler disc and zephyr drones are in each others places in the tech tree. Keep the Zephyr's build limit, that's good. It just seems that the scrambler disc is more high-tech than the zephyr.

EDIT2: Gray looks pink in the color selection screen. The NEXUS MCV is amphibious. Paradox, could you update the manual with this detail? Sorry for nitpicking, I just want people to have accurate information.

EDIT3: Interesting. I had to play Robot Storm on a different computer and the gray color does in fact look gray on it. Weird.

EDIT: That will probably be fixed for 2.0

EDIT2: The color is intended and when a stable version of rock patch is out you will see the color change to grey. The text for it says choose this to be grey. The new manual for 2.0 will include all new features and what not most likely. Also Nexus MCV was always amphibious ;)
Posted Image

#26 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:53 AM

Does this version feature my new loadscreens? ;)

No. :(

If I'm honest I don't like the Scrambler. I think it's yet another advantage for nexus and it's really imba beyond all comprehension.

EDIT2: Gray looks pink in the color selection screen.

it always has because changing it is impossible AFAIK.

The NEXUS MCV is amphibious. Paradox, could you update the manual with this detail? Sorry for nitpicking, I just want people to have accurate information.

In fairness, I didn't realise that XD However, be aware that the manual on the website is VASTLY OUT OF DATE and this is the millionth time I have said so.
Simply put, the manual I have is advanced beyond the RS that you have so I see no point in spoiling surprises by showing all the new features. Instead I'll wait for 2.0 and compile the manual based upon that. I will, however, ensure that the amphibious MCV detail is sorted for the next version too. :p

#27 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:56 AM

If I'm honest I don't like the Scrambler. I think it's yet another advantage for nexus and it's really imba beyond all comprehension.

EDIT2: Gray looks pink in the color selection screen.

it always has because changing it is impossible AFAIK.

Scrambler is a great unit in comparison to the sh*t drain disk when u can simply sell buildings or build a single aa defence and it isn't imba.

Helicopters, airships and zephyrs exist for a AA reason.

Your only buggered if u bunch up a load of units next to out of controlled units.

Rock Patch in regards to grey color selection screen but current version is buggy as hell
Posted Image

#28 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:06 AM

Another reason I believe the scrambler disc and zephyr drone should be swapped is that it is a pain to try and shoot them down without zephyr drones. Your best defense against them is air units like the zephyr drone, comanche, and I don't know the league equivalant. EDIT: The league equivalant is the Phoneix.

Discovering the amphibious MCV? That was because I was frustrated that the other two sides could transport their MCVs across water. Then I noticed that the MCV seemed to be hovering a bit. So I checked it out and lo and behold, it is amphibious.

I know the manual is out of date. I was just providing details for future versions.

EDIT: Some additional thoughts. I read in a previous topic about making NEXUS captured allied legion and freedom league barracks produce robotic infantry. This is a good idea and shouldn't be too hard to do. The SHP for the infantry already exists as NEXUS uses the same basic robot model for all his troops. You'd just need to add the appropriate weapon.

The only two things that NEXUS can't transport across water are his predator artillery and centurion siege crawlers. The Centurions make sense, but the predators should be able to fit in a Raven transport. Maybe they're too tall. ;) It doesn't matter though.

I thought of something that could really mess up NEXUS plans. Can you tie the autoheal ability to the power? If the power goes down, NEXUS units can't heal as quickly. I think the controls should stay with the NEXUS core, but have it require power to enable the autohealing. If this is possible, would you think about adding it?

Edited by nemoricus, 21 August 2006 - 03:26 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:31 PM

Another reason I believe the scrambler disc and zephyr drone should be swapped is that it is a pain to try and shoot them down without zephyr drones. Your best defense against them is air units like the zephyr drone, comanche, and I don't know the league equivalant. EDIT: The league equivalant is the Phoneix.

The only two things that NEXUS can't transport across water are his predator artillery and centurion siege crawlers. The Centurions make sense, but the predators should be able to fit in a Raven transport. Maybe they're too tall. :cool: It doesn't matter though.

I thought of something that could really mess up NEXUS plans. Can you tie the autoheal ability to the power? If the power goes down, NEXUS units can't heal as quickly. I think the controls should stay with the NEXUS core, but have it require power to enable the autohealing. If this is possible, would you think about adding it?

1..scrambler can only attack ground vehicles (and with nex..his infantry) and thats just berzerk..it has no AA itself and zephyrs can attack to kill anything.

2.. Cent..obvious like you said..predator..too tall..besides if you want to transport a artillery over water..you do have wraiths... ;)

3. would be nice not sure its possible..probably isnt but ill look into it however.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#30 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:43 PM

This is weird. I sold a ore driller thing and its effect continued for a while. Any ideas?

If this is not supposed to happen, it's fixable right?

Oh, about the scrambler discs. The fact that it beserks NEXUS infantry is what makes it hard to shoot down.

I love NEXUS. It's my favorite side.

Briefings for NEXUS missions would be very weird. How do brief one of your own subrountines, that is, the commander?

Minor detail: I think that the NEXUS barracks, known as the machine plant, should have its name swapped with the robotics plant. It would just make more sense. As I said, it's minor.

Edited by nemoricus, 21 August 2006 - 06:12 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:36 PM

nexus inf are robotic and self-heal and superior to human flesh ..

a few zephyrs or lasers can easily handle a scrambler disk.
Posted Image

#32 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:33 PM

I know that zephyrs work well. This is one of the reasons I think they should be swapped.

I discovered that filling a raven with eradicators and getting it airborne works very well.

I know that NEXUS infantry are robotic and can be scrambled. It just makes shooting down scrambler discs rather hard.

EDIT: Is it possible to make the NEXUS spies more robotic? Just a thought.

I fought a medium AI today, needless to say, it was owned. It put up quite a fight though.
The AI in this mod is amazing. Excellent work, Robot Storm team.

The music collection is also impressive. I like nearly all of the music. :cool:

EDIT2: If asked what I think NEXUS's control structure looked like, I'd say he has a central core in Germany and the cores you see in game are auxilary cores to provide the processing power needed to handle the local bases. Why Germany? This is where Einstein lived and, presumably, where NEXUS was created.

If my guess is accurate, can you translate it into something significant campaign or gameplay wise?

I know this is posted somewhere else, I just can't find it. The deployed terror drone generates a one radius stealth field around itself. You already know I believe. I just found this out.

Some ideas for renaming Volkov.

Eliminator-Doesn't sound right.

Exterminator-Sounds pretty good.

Do terror drone mines count in the losses or kills columns?

NEXUS infantry should have different colors in transports. It's very hard to tell which transport has what units.

I just found that the Annihalator's weapon does remain visible in regard to where it's hitting. It just dissappears really quickly.

You can make Mantas fly backwards. ;) Order them to fly to a certain location and then order them to attack the ground once they're over it. You should have Mantas flying backwards.

The Chrono Legionarie's powering up chrono towers should have its sound come less frequently and be softer. Just my opinion.

Edited by nemoricus, 25 August 2006 - 10:50 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:27 AM

Doesn't really need to be swapped...they're both there on same side...why bother to swap? Are you saying the Scrambler is too low on the tech tree and the Zephy too high? I would agree on Scrambler but the Zephy is very very powerful weapon.

EDIT: Some additional thoughts. I read in a previous topic about making NEXUS captured allied legion and freedom league barracks produce robotic infantry. This is a good idea and shouldn't be too hard to do. The SHP for the infantry already exists as NEXUS uses the same basic robot model for all his troops. You'd just need to add the appropriate weapon.

This is already going ahead. I believe that there will be some new SHPs made too...I'll speak with MadHQ about this later, see what he plans :)

The only two things that NEXUS can't transport across water are his predator artillery and centurion siege crawlers. The Centurions make sense, but the predators should be able to fit in a Raven transport. Maybe they're too tall. :ninja: It doesn't matter though.

Too tall, too powerful, especially if the OpenTopped allows vehicles to shoot out. ;) I dunno if it does, but either way...it's to stop NEXUS being even more uber than he currently is.

This is weird. I sold a ore driller thing and its effect continued for a while. Any ideas?

Particle effect twinkly thing, I think...

Briefings for NEXUS missions would be very weird. How do brief one of your own subrountines, that is, the commander?

Probably in what would look like machine code. Sort of like:

DIRECTIVES:

CODE 2422556 - DESTROY ENEMY TRANSPORTS
CODE 3059523 - DEFEND NEXUS CORE
CODE 3439999 - VOLKOV MUST SURVIVE

Minor detail: I think that the NEXUS barracks, known as the machine plant, should have its name swapped with the robotics plant. It would just make more sense. As I said, it's minor.

The two are similar. I think "Assembly Line" or "Production Line" would be more appropriate for the barracks, IMO.

I discovered that filling a raven with eradicators and getting it airborne works very well.

Do you even need to get it airborne? Same with the Ripper Drone. Stacking NEXUS infantry with the opentopper vehicles makes for some ownage offensive and defensive units.

EDIT: Is it possible to make the NEXUS spies more robotic? Just a thought.

A robotic voice, maybe, but too robotic-looking, if you think about it logically, would be too obvious. Notice how the Terminators in the films use organic flesh and voice (or liquid metal impersonation) to masquerade as humans. No reason to think these guys wouldn't do the same ;)

EDIT2: If asked what I think NEXUS's control structure looked like, I'd say he has a central core in Germany and the cores you see in game are auxilary cores to provide the processing power needed to handle the local bases. Why Germany? This is where Einstein lived and, presumably, where NEXUS was created.

I believe that NEXUS would keep his main central core elsewhere, purely because he's, like, smarter than God, and because that'd be where I struck first if I were the Allies. ^_^ NEXUS cores act like nodes, however NEXUS' main uber central core is somewhere else.

I know this is posted somewhere else, I just can't find it. The deployed terror drone generates a one radius stealth field around itself. You already know I believe. I just found this out.

Yeah, because buildings do that :p You can't *just* cloak a building. It has to have a small radius to cover itself.

Imperator or T-5000 are my own personal faves ;)

Do terror drone mines count in the losses or kills columns?

Neither, AFAIK. Same as kamis and other suicide units.

I just found that the Annihalator's weapon does remain visible in regard to where it's hitting. It just dissappears really quickly.

Huh?

You can make Mantas fly backwards. :) Order them to fly to a certain location and then order them to attack the ground once they're over it. You should have Mantas flying backwards.

Same with any aircraft in the game. Wait till you see the Cyclone Dance of Death. :p That always amuses.

The Chrono Legionarie's powering up chrono towers should have its sound come less frequently and be softer. Just my opinion.

Prolly.

#34 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:11 PM

Imperator or T-5000 are my own personal faves ;)

Volkov isnt an emperor, so T-5000 is best, sounds cool aswell. :)

Also, as i said before, you should use the liquid metal terminator of T2 for the nexus spy. ;)

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#35 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:49 AM

For the record, my steampunk mod has already reserved the name of "Auto-Killerator-101111" :)
"Impersonator" doesn't do much for me, I just think of dodgy Elvis wannabes, and "T-5000" sounds like there should be 4999 other volks floating about. If its a hero or experimental limited batch, give it a smaller serial number :)

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#36 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:59 AM

T-1000 was a one-off. :)

And Imperator is different from Impersonator. :)

#37 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:57 AM

Doesn't really need to be swapped...they're both there on same side...why bother to swap? Are you saying the Scrambler is too low on the tech tree and the Zephy too high? I would agree on Scrambler but the Zephy is very very powerful weapon.

Okay, just bring the scrambler disc higher up.

Particle effect twinkly thing, I think...

No, I mean ore was mined for a while after.

Probably in what would look like machine code. Sort of like:

DIRECTIVES:

CODE 2422556 - DESTROY ENEMY TRANSPORTS
CODE 3059523 - DEFEND NEXUS CORE
CODE 3439999 - VOLKOV MUST SURVIVE

I like this.

The two are similar. I think "Assembly Line" or "Production Line" would be more appropriate for the barracks, IMO.

The barracks produces robots, that's why I think the name should be swapped. Still minor.

Do you even need to get it airborne? Same with the Ripper Drone. Stacking NEXUS infantry with the opentopper vehicles makes for some ownage offensive and defensive units.

It's helpful. Prevents them from being shot at by ground weapons. By the way, why does the ripper drone use missiles as an AA weapon instead of its laser?

Huh?

Order an annhilator to attack the ground, open ground, and watch the area where the weapon is hitting. You should see what I mean.

You can make Mantas fly backwards. :) Order them to fly to a certain location and then order them to attack the ground once they're over it. You should have Mantas flying backwards.

Same with any aircraft in the game. Wait till you see the Cyclone Dance of Death. :) That always amuses.

How do you do this?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:18 PM

NEX war factory should be called Weapons Factory. :p

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#39 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:22 PM

Okay, just bring the scrambler disc higher up.

I presume you mean in the tech tree...yeah, it should be a battle labber.

No, I mean ore was mined for a while after.

Yeah, by the ore twinkle effect, I think. I could be grossly mistaken tho.

It's helpful. Prevents them from being shot at by ground weapons. By the way, why does the ripper drone use missiles as an AA weapon instead of its laser?

Why not? :p Too many AA lasers gets samey. Besides, shooting into the air would be harder than shooting at the ground...higher power cost...so nexus figured prolly to just give it AA rockets.

How do you do this?

Order a Cyclone to attack something...sometimes it does a happy dance. :) Speed= issue :p

#40 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:38 PM

Ripper's okay then.
Heh, heh. Too many laser weapons may get samey, but it makes one awesome light show. :p
I mean that the ore was actually being mined. More ore was being produced for a while.

Edited by nemoricus, 02 September 2006 - 11:59 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users