224 replies to this topic

#21 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:29 PM

Pend do you mean gattling or chain guns? Cause a gattling can be a gattling and a chain gun, it just depends on the fedding system, or just a gun with the chain fedding system like the Bushmaster of the bradley has, for example

:Smack: :p You know what I mean The InfaChina mini-gunners have a ChainFed Gattling Gun.

Yes, a SAW and a 50Cal machine gun are both Chain fed guns that are not gattling, though not all gattling guns have to be chain fed. Don't be a worry wart.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#22 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:51 PM

Pend do you mean gattling or chain guns? Cause a gattling can be a gattling and a chain gun, it just depends on the fedding system, or just a gun with the chain fedding system like the Bushmaster of the bradley has, for example

:Smack: :p You know what I mean The InfaChina mini-gunners have a ChainFed Gattling Gun.

Yes, a SAW and a 50Cal machine gun are both Chain fed guns that are not gattling, though not all gattling guns have to be chain fed. Don't be a worry wart.

Pend that is wrong the M-2 and the SAW and anything like that are belt fed, not chain fed, chain fed guns need electric power but I don't know what it is exactly, I could look it up if you want!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:55 PM

Pend that is wrong the M-2 and the SAW and anything like that are belt fed, not chain fed, chain fed guns need electric power but I don't know what it is exactly, I could look it up if you want!

:p no... don't bother looking it up... I really don't care. :p

Although I really don't think theres a disticntion between belt fed and chain fed. Using electric power or gas recoil, they both use like style links and work on the same principles. Regardless, the whole point was that upgrading Mini-Gunners to AK-47s is still silly.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#24 Septimus

Septimus
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:57 PM

I wonder if can get a helmet for infantry, so that it took sniper to shoot twice to kill a infantry... :p

#25 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:00 PM

This would simply be overpowered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ten shoots for a chinese squad!
And Pend there is quite a difference as far as I know!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Septimus

Septimus
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:09 PM

This would simply be overpowered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ten shoots for a chinese squad!
And Pend there is quite a difference as far as I know!

No, I don't think it would be overpowerd, cause usually when we play against china infantry general.. we would make a mass amount of sniper to overrun them easily.. Even if u garrison 2 sniper into a building also can kill a huge amount of infantry without any trouble..
Anyway, I think with a helmet upgrade to make infantry general units hp reduce by 50% is to ensure that they can survive longer to against the enemy..

Full Hp Infantry without such a upgrade = 1 hit ko
Full Hp Infantry with such a upgrade = 2 hit ko

This could ensure a large quantity of infantry could against the enemy without having trouble especially when the base is protected with a large group of sniper and long range balistik unit. And also to ensure it could protect it's own long range balistik unit from being destroy by enemy.

#27 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:14 PM

It would be good if helmets would protect against bullets but not explosions, if you know what I mean and if that would be possible it would be cool, cause there is nothing that can protect you from the force of an explosion

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:01 PM

It would be good if helmets would protect against bullets but not explosions, if you know what I mean and if that would be possible it would be cool, cause there is nothing that can protect you from the force of an explosion

yes, but its the shrapnel that makes an explosion dangerous to infantry in a larger area. Once you move a small distance away from the blast the force itsself will just throw you. Thousands of flying beeds will shred a mans body.

Flak vests are designed specificly to protect troops from explosions, not bullets. Sappi plates can be added to a Flak Vest to add bullet resistance.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:08 PM

YOu can wear what ever you want if the explosion is big enough, or you are too close, you'll die what ever you where cause the force of the explosion will screw up your lunges, and the rest!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Guy980

Guy980

title available

• Banned
  • 314 posts
  • Projects:Remix alpha testing, V/GO beta testing.
  •  Good

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:40 PM

Holy fuck give the inf gen a guy with a bushmaster :p p OMG HES GUNNA FIRE BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM (10 infantry and a tank dead.)

#31 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:45 PM

YOu can wear what ever you want if the explosion is big enough, or you are too close, you'll die what ever you where cause the force of the explosion will screw up your lunges, and the rest!

I don't disagree the force can kill and is pretty hard to avoid, but the most dangerous part of the explosion is the shrapnel which flies much farther and is far more deadly than the blast itself. You can't stop the shockwave, but its no where near as large as the shrapnel kill zone.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:59 PM

I don't disagree the force can kill and is pretty hard to avoid, but the most dangerous part of the explosion is the shrapnel which flies much farther and is far more deadly than the blast itself. You can't stop the shockwave, but its no where near as large as the shrapnel kill zone.

so what about a flak vest for them so they can survive artilliry shells longer and somekind of a fireproof matiral to make them more resistant to flame weapons

#33 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:08 PM

so what about a flak vest for them so they can survive artilliry shells longer and somekind of a fireproof matiral to make them more resistant to flame weapons

They already get a body armor upgrade.

Edited by Pendaelose, 18 August 2006 - 06:09 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:36 AM

I think that Infantry gen doesn't need so much stuff anymore maybe some upgrades, but not much

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  • Projects:V|GO Beta Testing, Remix Alpha Testing, Learning Mapping in Hammer
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 19 August 2006 - 02:33 PM

Well, I can say two things...
one. the infantry gen will rock everyones socks
two. BD is completely crazy
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image
The hand has five fingers. Capable and strong. Able to both create and destroy

#36 Septimus

Septimus
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:29 PM

Well, I can say two things...
one. the infantry gen will rock everyones socks
two. BD is completely crazy

I don't think so...

By the way, why don't make a units called "Scouts" that have the ability to see camouflage enemy from extremely far distances and any infantry units that within this units would have a 50% range bonus ? :p

#37 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:22 PM

This is what the Laser Spotters do... although I'm not sure if they detect stealth.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 -BD-

-BD-
  • Banned
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:50 PM

Pendealose, theres an bug on R3 that when u shoot down an aura bomber with an poison stinger its wreck will keep flying trough the air for the rest of the round.

Edited by -BD-, 19 August 2006 - 05:50 PM.

#39 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:53 PM

Pendealose, theres an bug on R3 that when u shoot down an aura bomber with an poison stinger its wreck will keep flying trough the air for the rest of the round.

Theres an old bug that goes back to standard ZeroHour that on occasion allows aura hulks to keep flying. This has nothing to do with Remix3.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 20 August 2006 - 12:30 PM

-BD- please delete that post, this is not an advertising forums for drugs, and it is way off topic.

And capt drake i think u need a slap for saying infantry does not need much apart from upgrades :O
If you think that then maybe the airforce gen and the tank gen should lose all there tanks and only get upgrades.... Hope you see my point. they need the infantry :mellow:
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users