Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 19 August 2006 - 11:03 PM

Campaign Update #2.5 - News 19/08/06

Aaaagh! So much Minas Tirith... I've been tweaking it for the past long while, and I think I finally have it working in a way that I like. Here are some more changes:

Minas Tirith

- Six Wall Trebuchets are prebuilt on the second level.
- Orc Archers now have random skins. 3 out of 4 have Morgul armour for this mission.
- Seige Towers are now twice as hard to bring down due to increased armour values.
- Grond is indestructable. Because it's too big to turn around and leave the map after destroying the gate, Grond self destructs about 30 seconds after the gate is destroyed.
- Main gates are not controlled by the player. They automatically shut when Mordor begins to arrive, and cannot be opened again. This is because Grond gets very confused when you open the gate on it, leaving the ram blocking the way in.
- Wargs become part of the Mordor attack waves after the gate is breached.
- Mordor attack waves are no longer affected by Command Point limits. Re-enforcements arrive frequently to keep the player on their toes.

Captions for the below screenshots are on the Screens page.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I had an urge to make a Gil-Galad model and skin a couple days ago. After doing that, I decided to make a couple new animations for him, and then I coded him in the game. All just for fun. I'll leave all his stuff in the mod, but he won't be usable by default (anyone who wants to use him would just have to add in a wee bit of code in playertemplate.ini). If you do decide to code him in, you'll be happy to know that he's fully functional, and the AI will recognize and use him. But once again: he's not officially in the mod, so he offsets any balance. Hero information added to the Heroes page.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

And finally, here's a new wallpaper for download:

Posted Image

Edited by Celeglin, 19 August 2006 - 11:29 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 11:13 PM

2.5 :lol: well its always good to make a good map better. i notice that you also changed to others part of the hero section to give us more info. im glad that we have trebs on the second floor. wargs are going to make it a lot harder. thanks for all the things you have done. :grin:

Your link doesnt work for those who dont know the site. here it is. you misspelled age in your url.

Edited by adummy, 19 August 2006 - 11:17 PM.

#3 arz

arz
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:14 AM

more great work :mellow:
"After all, how can a mere dragon expect to tell a man like yourself what to do? In fact, everyone should stand in awe of your brilliance of finding the only dead end."
- Saphira

Posted Image

#4 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  • Projects:Visions, The Four Ages
  •  Not active

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:54 AM

I think anyone can agree that Haldir looks so elegant ingame. Nice work on Minas Tirith aswell.

Retired

#5 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:38 PM

Looks sweet! I was playing Helms Deep the other day and it was so sparce. I can't wait to see and play these new versions! :huh:

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#6 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:46 PM

lol, i se pippin just standing on the wall watching a brutal battle below...

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#7 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:55 PM

same here gothmog i was playing the orginal seige maps because i saved them the first time i beat the game. i couldnt belevie how boring/easy they were.

ive notice a little glitch in minas tirith. when mordor starts the seige all u have to do is kill every unit/base they have and u win. u never have to do more then one wave and the aotd never has to come.
Posted Image

#8 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:51 PM

ive notice a little glitch in minas tirith. when mordor starts the seige all u have to do is kill every unit/base they have and u win. u never have to do more then one wave and the aotd never has to come.

Good luck getting to those bases ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Guest_Gandalf Greyham_*

Guest_Gandalf Greyham_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:24 AM

hey Celeglin, in your pics it seems you have a lot of mealee(sry for spelling) infantry in the city. Will they be needed now? In EA's verzion all you really needed were achers cuz the towers 1. were to weak. and 2. there weren't enough orcs to even go in the towers.

#10 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:06 AM

Well if Grond is indestructible your gate will obviously be broken down. That means if there is enough enemies, some will get into the city via the broken gate. Having infantry there will stop them.

Siege towers have also been buffed, so its more likely that some will actually reach your walls. I don't know about you, but I personally wouldn't trust archers to use melee combat to defend the walls, hence you'll need some infantry there.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#11 arz

arz
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:09 PM

or gandalf :p

Edited by arz, 21 August 2006 - 09:10 PM.

"After all, how can a mere dragon expect to tell a man like yourself what to do? In fact, everyone should stand in awe of your brilliance of finding the only dead end."
- Saphira

Posted Image

#12 morgoth946

morgoth946

title available

• Hosted
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:55 PM

nice stuff celeglin, keep it up!
PS: The best Gil galad model I've ever seen :p
The Four Ages, the new english Website:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:57 PM

true. im going to use heros to defend the wall at first plus maybe just a few towerguards/knights.
Posted Image

#14 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:24 AM

true. im going to use heros to defend the wall at first plus maybe just a few towerguards/knights.

lol, make sure you pay attention then. Once more than one tower reaches the wall, you'll be hard pressed to stop 5 battalions of orcs being on your wall in mere moments. Tower Guards/Knights are a very good idea, imo. Good luck holding the gates without them (trust me, Gandalf won't last on his own :p ).

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:35 AM

why do u hate me cel :p . fine instead i wont build any archers instead just towerguards and knights. huh huh u ganna make fun of me again.

o im so alone

*crys alone in a corner*
Posted Image

#16 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:30 AM

I won't build any knights cause they suck...I'm gonna build Trebuchets with flaming stones, archers, soldiers and tower guards(most TGS) And why no Warg Riders? I thought I saw few mounted orcs coming into city...and finally: Will Olog-Hai come? :p And one last comment: Archers with morgul skin? FANTASTIC!! :p :p

Edited by Gherrick, 22 August 2006 - 11:32 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:41 PM

why do u hate me cel :huh: . fine instead i wont build any archers instead just towerguards and knights. huh huh u ganna make fun of me again.

Archers are verrry useful. And I don't hate you! You totally kick ass.

And why no Warg Riders? I thought I saw few mounted orcs coming into city...and finally: Will Olog-Hai come?

I guess I could stick a couple Warg Riders in there... Just single Warg Riders though, I don't want full battalions of them. As for the Olog-Hai... There are plenty of Mountain and Attack Trolls that attack throughout the seige (but especially around where the gate is breached).

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 arz

arz
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:18 PM

olog-hai ???
- Saphira

Posted Image

#19 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:59 PM

And I don't hate you! You totally kick ass.

I do. :huh: oh yeah o yeah. :p

olog-hai ???

They were stronger trolls if i remember correctly :p
Posted Image

#20 arz

arz
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:17 PM

oh..
- Saphira

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users