#1 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 20 March 2003 - 09:42 PM

TS is more diverse, complex (branching mission structure) and somewhat harder than RA2 (which isnt difficult to achieve). It does, however, have less diverse units (where did old Mammoth Tank go?) and voice packs, as well as more flat graphics. Gameplay-wise, though, it beats RA2 hands down. I bought RA2 first, then bought TS off a mate. Can't say as I've played much of either lately, though.

#2 ReaKon

ReaKon

title available

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 09:44 PM

i must admit, i do prefer tiberian sun to ra2!

Mostly because i havent got the game so i very rarely play on it, i spose it just makes it different as i have got RA2 & YR and am somewhat BORED with it!!

If you are to get it, make sure you get the extension with it, i think it is called 'firestorm' it has cool new units on it!

the only thing i didnt like about it was the fact that when you had it on tech level 10, the AI's superweapons could blow up buildings but when we use them, they leave a tiny bit of power so the comp just repairs it! :evil:

[EDIT] oh yeh and the tunnels actually work ;)

#3 Dark Dragon

Dark Dragon

>.<

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 02:46 AM

yeah i have ra2, yr, ra1, the ra1 expansion pack, and tiberium sun. i say tib sun beats ra2 in gameplay because its missions are harder than ra2 and somehow i never beat ra1, anyways i'd say a definite buy :wink:

#4 ReaKon

ReaKon

title available

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 12:23 PM

oh yeh, on a skirmish game, go against 3 comps on AI level 2 and you really will have a hard time, Their bases are really hard to break into.

If you want to hit them hard, use GDI, they are better at attackin than NOD.
NOD tend to be the defensive side

#5 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 05:12 PM

Yea, but what really pisses me off is playing as NOD, having to pay trillions to actually build a base, getting Advanced Power Plants and they get zapped to bits by Ion Cannons while GDI, whose power supplies are totally crap, get the ol' peek-a-boo from sub transports. That's what really bugs me about that game. Everything costs too much in terms of cash and power, IMO. To make power easier to generate would help.

#6 ReaKon

ReaKon

title available

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 05:29 PM

Yea, but what really pisses me off is playing as NOD, having to pay trillions to actually build a base, getting Advanced Power Plants and they get zapped to bits by Ion Cannons while GDI, whose power supplies are totally crap, get the ol' peek-a-boo from sub transports. That's what really bugs me about that game. Everything costs too much in terms of cash and power, IMO. To make power easier to generate would help.

That is exactly the reason why i play on tech level 9. I know that you dont have the privilege of buildin mammoth mk's or cyborg commando's, but all in all, it is a fair game ;)

#7 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 06:56 PM

Thanks. I'll try that, when I can be bothered to reinstall it:)

#8 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 26 June 2003 - 09:00 AM

TS is good (on destroy dam mission GDI - (have finished both sides b4) it's the little bugs though....
flame is shite against everything par infantry (the flame tank in TD a lot better)
irritating bugs like attack cycle can't hit aircraft.
mammoth mk II ineffective...
titan rushing/ sub apc engineer tatics.
Cheating A.I. - your hunterseeker drones hit crappy civilian buildings. A.I. hunter seekers hit your con yard or mammoth mk II.

but if you balanced it out (either by modding/updating/ getting FS) it's worth it.

As for movies I'm not so sure. The intro's to RA2 are better but I miss winning FMV's. However I didn't enjoy the missions as much in TS. I'm playing as McNeil or Slavick instead of being an lowly commander, saving the world (like in Tiberian Dawn) + EVA isn't so cute :wink:
Posted Image

#9 Tratos

Tratos

title available

• Project Team
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 09:42 AM

your hunterseeker drones hit crappy civilian buildings

Thats what it was meant to do, until you bought the threat rating node hunter seekers were meant to attack all buildings on the map, after you purchased the node, which was placed on the then upgradable radar, it would only target your enemies buildings. I have to say i have never encountered this, but if it is in TS and not FS then that would be why as i bought them both together.
Posted Image

#10 cr@zyiv@n

cr@zyiv@n

Pest-Patrol

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Projects:Annoying Hybrid

Posted 26 June 2003 - 11:49 AM

LOL, now here's a challenge for you all, I did it without intention, yet it took me hours to complete, it worked!

There's a mission (GDI) where you start out with 3 mutant soldiers (Hijacker, Umagon, Ghost Stalker IIRC) and you should use these to rescue tratos.
If you start out there's somewhere a friendly Tiberian Fiend around which could help you a little, yet he is uncontrollable and will only attack what Umagon attacks..
So, the regular way is get Tratos out and make it to the transport, bye mutants, and hello reinforcements (MCV, Titans, Wolverines).
Well this didn't happen when I played, the mutants stayed and I got no reinforcements whatsoever, so I tried to just waste all and everything with my 3 units I had left, and guess, after a very long time I completed this mission this way, it's the hardest thing I've ever done! You try it for a change :)

#11 dawoop3

dawoop3
  • New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 11:57 AM

NOD Artillery used to be ownage.... after a patch... waste of money, utter shite.

Forest Fire, bottom left, being green to camouflage your only entrance with Artillerys. :thumbs:

Stuff like dents piss me off... I used to get Artilleries firing and making huge pits in the ground after they fired enough. Having superweapons on is fun, but the dents ffs the dents!!! You can't just simply build the building back and I hate spending years plastering my base up with pavement.

But other than that, it's great. Love the music.

#12 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 27 June 2003 - 08:04 AM

The threat rating node was removed and replaced by the dropod node in FS. It never appeared. It was OBESOLETE in Tiberian Sun and the radar became "normal" I'm making an mod which severly balances out artillery using the FS rules. So units which have speed higher then 4 can outrun artillery (this was done in FS) God it works so much better in mode.
What I miss from RA1 is indoor missions, there were FMV's of underground devil tongues so why not make underground missions? :( "
Edit: Like you Reakon I only play on TechLevel 9 although my special mod maps give me my cute techlevel 10 units... :)
Posted Image

#13 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 07:00 PM

I wish I could buy FS, but every time i see it, it's alongside TS, and I already own TS...

Threat Rating node? Is that anything like the RA2 Psychic Sensor?

#14 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 30 June 2003 - 08:39 AM

It improved the hunter-seeker so it hit buildings. It is not used in TS or FS but GDI get an elite drop pod node. It's worth getting FS... check it out on Ebay or Kazar lol.
Posted Image

#15 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 30 June 2003 - 02:18 PM

I like the last mission of the GDI, but it was along time ago and i cant reach it anymore :?

since i stuck at the frikkin mission where there is a firestorm generator which you need to get back, but cant get past attilery and obelisk :?

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#16 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 30 June 2003 - 02:21 PM

The one with the 3 mammoth tanks in the old GDI base and the 3 ICBM launchers with one on an cloaked hill and obelisk of light and called Final Conflict as a save? Oh I finished it again yesterday :)

You are on captured hammerfest. After destroying radar, head north, you will see a base, hit the power plants to disable the obelisk then you can get past, the artillery will never hit you :lol:
Posted Image

#17 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:19 PM

LOL. What I hate is the fact that some of the best units from the single player are unavailable in Multiplayer (partly 'cause they're from TD). It really does my head in, which was partly why I decided to make TA.

#18 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 02 July 2003 - 07:53 AM

Which is also why I made a small ts mod... :wink:
Posted Image

#19 Mr.X

Mr.X

Pure Blood

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 04:13 PM

Tiberian Sun to me is the best game made yet from Command & Conquer. I love the story line and the more alien tech looks.

#20 Deathscythe1911

Deathscythe1911

Dr. Wierd

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • Projects:Learning Orion (The song, from Metallica) on Guitar

Posted 11 September 2003 - 04:45 PM

I like RA2 better because the multiplayer suits me. Interface wise, its easier to move around and build units. Plus you can have major naval and air wars unlike TS.
Look in my pants, Then look at my avatar, is it your facial expression... he he he....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users