Ideas

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_pf7612_*

Guest_pf7612_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 12:07 AM

Dol Amroth Knights- Heavily armored cavalry with longswords and shields and could mount and dismount, would look like tower guards with swords and the shields could look like the shields the numenoreans had but with the symbol of Dol Amroth-the white swan. Elie unit for men-definatley lvl 3, in groups of 5.
Royal Guard- Elite rohan infantry, switch between spears and swords, groups of two, lvl 3.
Morgul leuteniants (sp)-elite mordor infantry with special morgul rage power that demoralizes enemies, lvl 3 groups of 1 or 2.
Hill ogeres(sp)- powerful ogere with big club, hero killer for gobs, lvl 2 or 3.
Wall tree tower- Wall tower for the elves looks like a tree with a platform with a lorien archer on it shooting the arrows.
Elven spy- stealthy spy unit capable of climbing trees, long sight range, bow and sword, much weaker when in tree, but forces enemy to use archers, or use laborers to chop down tree. lvl 3.

Hope you like my ideas, any type of feedback is appreciated :) .

#2 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:35 AM

Rest is good but i hate hill ogres. There were NO OGRES in LOTR.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:37 AM

Dol Amroth Knights- Heavily armored cavalry with longswords and shields and could mount and dismount, would look like tower guards with swords and the shields could look like the shields the numenoreans had but with the symbol of Dol Amroth-the white swan. Elie unit for men-definatley lvl 3, in groups of 5.

men already have two types of cavalry, which is enough. if, however, we're going to add even more units much later on, these will be the first new cavalry for men

Royal Guard- Elite rohan infantry, switch between spears and swords, groups of two, lvl 3.

for that we have the tower guards (see answer above)

Morgul leuteniants (sp)-elite mordor infantry with special morgul rage power that demoralizes enemies, lvl 3 groups of 1 or 2.

for that we have the morgul warriors (see answer above)

Hill ogeres(sp)- powerful ogere with big club, hero killer for gobs, lvl 2 or 3.

hmm, goblins do lack a few units, but where did you get this idea?

Wall tree tower- Wall tower for the elves looks like a tree with a platform with a lorien archer on it shooting the arrows.

they already have the normal tower (which we might make stealthed)

Elven spy- stealthy spy unit capable of climbing trees, long sight range, bow and sword, much weaker when in tree, but forces enemy to use archers, or use laborers to chop down tree. lvl 3.

a good idea but climbing trees can't be done i'm affraid
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#4 Guest_pf7612_*

Guest_pf7612_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:28 PM

I just made these ideas up.
I didn't know that they had towers and what do they look like? stealth is a good idea but I think that a tree would look cooler.
Morgul warriors are not available to me, and I downloaded the latest modification (16-08-06) :(

Anyways thanks for responding :grin:.

P.S. when will you be adding more units?
sorry if I am putting pressure on you, but this mod is already fantastic and I can't wait for more upgrades :p :) :) .

#5 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:49 PM

I just made these ideas up.
I didn't know that they had towers and what do they look like? stealth is a good idea but I think that a tree would look cooler.
Morgul warriors are not available to me, and I downloaded the latest modification (16-08-06) :(

Anyways thanks for responding :grin:.

P.S. when will you be adding more units?
sorry if I am putting pressure on you, but this mod is already fantastic and I can't wait for more upgrades :p :) :) .

tower: Posted Image

Edited by Nu8, 27 August 2006 - 04:50 PM.

Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#6 Guest_pf7612_*

Guest_pf7612_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:56 PM

[/quote]tower: Posted Image
[/quote]
1. image link not working.
2. I just checked, morgul warriors and the elven towers are not working(there not there).I've downloaded 16-08-06, have the collecter's edition, and deleted the old file of the previous download for bfme 2 deluxe.

P.S. thanks for your help :grin:

#7 Guest_pf7612_*

Guest_pf7612_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:02 PM

I know that there are no ogeres in lotr (yes i've read the books), but I thought that they were fantasy creatures and thought that the goblins could use more units, so I thought you could just throw them in there to help out. Just like there were no dragons at the time of the war of the ring.

#8 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:42 PM

we are currently working on a model for the morgul warriors, and will release another update when they are finished

the tower for the elves is even in the original bfme 2, it should work (did you buy level 2?)

collector's edition shouldn't matter, and with the new versions with installer you don't have to delete older version any longer

an entirely new creature is much more than an existing creature in the wrong period of time, but your idea still isn't bad. an existing tolkien creature is preferred though
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#9 Guest_pf7612_*

Guest_pf7612_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:25 PM

the tower for the elves is even in the original bfme 2, it should work (did you buy level 2?)

yes I did and the picture isn't even there to build it.As in, it is not even an option on the wall segment and it is on a buildable wall segment (not next to a wall hub or other improvement).

Edited by 2playgames, 27 August 2006 - 09:18 PM.

#10 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:17 PM

oh you're talking about a wall tower, i was talking about a seperate tower

wall towers we will add, but we are waiting (though we don't know when and if it will come) for a w3d importer which correctly imports the mapping (if you happen to see this Master Windu, yours unfortunately still doesn't work :()

Edited by 2playgames, 27 August 2006 - 09:18 PM.

#11 Guest_pf7612_*

Guest_pf7612_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:29 PM

oh you're talking about a wall tower, i was talking about a seperate tower

wall towers we will add, but we are waiting (though we don't know when and if it will come) for a w3d importer which correctly imports the mapping (if you happen to see this Master Windu, yours unfortunately still doesn't work :()

Yeah, that's what I was talking about with the tree tower for the wall ,not a stand alone tower. You know, kinda like a tree growing off the wall(like those tree houses on the elven fortress)with a platform(like the one on the lvl 3 mallorn tree) with the lorien archer on it firing arrows.

P.S. I was the "guset" who was the first one to post on the pinned "welcome to our forum" topic, so those re also my ideas, if you want to check them out. :grin:

#12 Guest_pf7612_*

Guest_pf7612_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:34 PM

Sorry I meant "guest" not "guset" :grin: .

#13 Guest_pf7612_*

Guest_pf7612_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:02 AM

Sooooo, will you take any of my ideas into consideration?

#14 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:32 PM

the elven spy and hill ogre sound interesting

#15 Guest_pf7612_*

Guest_pf7612_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:44 PM

I'm not any good at mapping or modding, but maybe I could help you guys out by coming up with ideas?? ;)

#16 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:41 PM

ideas are always welcome

#17 Guest_pf7612_*

Guest_pf7612_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:52 PM

Thanks, as soon as I come up with something worthwhile, I'll post it here :) .

-----------

I've got a hero for the gobs- how about Azog, a goblin king slain by dain in his early years. Here's one for Mordor- The Wainriders, either as a group or single, they would be elite cavalry for mordor. One last one, for men, Numenorean descendant swordsmen- one of the last of the Numenorean bloodline, these elite, tough, well-trained swordsmen fight for the rightful king with unrivaled fury- beserker unit for the MoTW.

Hope you like these :) !

P.S. you could use the skins from the last alliance for the numenoreans.

Edited by 2playgames, 28 August 2006 - 10:07 PM.

#18 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:44 PM

sorry but this time your ideas make no sense
- how can we have a goblin king which is dead?
- mordor shouldn't have too much cavalry
- we already have tower guards as elite units (we will give them swords...eventually)

but keep them coming :rolleyes:

#19 Guest_pf7612_*

Guest_pf7612_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:46 PM

sorry but this time your ideas make no sense
- how can we have a goblin king which is dead?
- mordor shouldn't have too much cavalry
- we already have tower guards as elite units (we will give them swords...eventually)

but keep them coming ^_^

What do you mean :) ? Borormir, Theoden,King Dain, The Witch King,the other nazgul, the mouth of sauron, Sharku, Saruman, Lurtz, and Grima all die and like you said, the gobs lack units(and heroes for that matter) and these are just ideas, you don't have to put them in, it's just my opinion. Oh, and tes the tower guards should definatly get swords if you don't use my numenorean idea :p .

Anyways, here are more ideas:
1.Lugburtz-uruk hero for isengard
2.(if you can) buff to glorfindel-he's too weak
3.black numenoreans-corrupted evil men-well trained and eager for blood, beserker for mordor.
4.Beef up elven guards, the rivindell warriors are tougher(unless you want it that way)
That's all for now, thanks for listening :) .

#20 Orc Master

Orc Master
  • New Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:10 PM

Hmm, I thought Lugbúrz was the lord of the Moria goblins... Hey, that would be a cool adition to the goblins!

Besides, there ARE ogres in Middle-Earth: the Trolls ^_^ Tolkien calls them ogres many times. So, you could just call them Hill Trolls and make a brand new texture for them.

Just a thought :)

Edited by Orc Master, 01 September 2006 - 11:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users