Models download

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Piotr92_*

Guest_Piotr92_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:34 PM

IS it somewhere site where I can download models because I try to do my own models but they are not working plz help

#2 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:46 PM

No there isnt.

#3 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:48 PM

You could use models of other mods for your own. Though you cannot make it public then, without having permission of the creator...

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#4 Amaruak Shadow

Amaruak Shadow
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:15 AM

I think he dont need permission of the creator... he just need to credit him. Many of u make skins for existing EA models, and u ask EA for permission?? I dont think so

#5 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  • Projects:Quite a Few
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:23 AM

Depends who the creator is :ninja:

Me - I dont care as long as you ask first and dont claim it to be your own.

Dmain | I-Cold | earthWhois
Dmain Now offers .mobi extensions....why? Because we can :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update: EAW Galaxy is almost ready for launch. We're currently in need of forum staff and content writers for the main site. Please PM or Email me ASAP.

BFME Fans if you think you have what it takes, bfmeworld.com would love to be built. I have neither the time, nor the motivation any longer...

#6 LadyRhiea

LadyRhiea

CPPB

• Project Team
  • 784 posts
  • Projects:RJ-ROTWK

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:25 AM

I think he dont need permission of the creator... he just need to credit him. Many of u make skins for existing EA models, and u ask EA for permission?? I dont think so

It's because we don't need to ask EA for permission, by making modifications to their games (mods) we STILL have to follow all the rules such as not benefiting from their product. Also when viewers look at our skins and models they know that it may be already from EA, they HAVE the intelligence to think that. They NEED permission from the creator because WE don't AUTOMATICLY allow them to use it.

More things to note:
A) If EA didn't want us making mods, then why would they create modding programs so we could use it?
B) If EA didn't want us making mods, why did they support The Rise of Rome mod for BFME 1?
C) If EA didn't want us making mods, then shouldn't we be closed down already?

Part 2:
A) If somebody stole a model from Celeglin's mod and put it in their mod without asking him put adding credits, that's not right as nobody REALLY scrutinizes on the credits. When Celeglin might look at this mod he might go, wait a tick...that model looks really similar to mine...*slap* it IS MINE! (Sorry for using you as an example)
B) You don't see anybody else making models and skins out of other's works besides Vapula's skins for a base, we respect each other's work and don't take it without asking.
C) Next time before you make such a cocky statement, rethink your arguement.

Posted Image

I'm not smoking anything, I'm just Japanese.

You guys better hope I don't get hired by EA one day, sorry, I meant interned for very low wages

#7 Amaruak Shadow

Amaruak Shadow
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:59 AM

I dont really care about these arguments, because I dont use other ppls models (except EAs)... and my mods didnt even left my computer :) (I hope so :ninja: ) so this problem doesnt concern me... I just said what I think, thats all ;)

#8 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:19 AM

It's because we don't need to ask EA for permission, by making modifications to their games (mods) we STILL have to follow all the rules such as not benefiting from their product. Also when viewers look at our skins and models they know that it may be already from EA, they HAVE the intelligence to think that. They NEED permission from the creator because WE don't AUTOMATICLY allow them to use it.

More things to note:
A) If EA didn't want us making mods, then why would they create modding programs so we could use it?
B) If EA didn't want us making mods, why did they support The Rise of Rome mod for BFME 1?
C) If EA didn't want us making mods, then shouldn't we be closed down already?

Part 2:
A) If somebody stole a model from Celeglin's mod and put it in their mod without asking him put adding credits, that's not right as nobody REALLY scrutinizes on the credits. When Celeglin might look at this mod he might go, wait a tick...that model looks really similar to mine...*slap* it IS MINE! (Sorry for using you as an example)
B) You don't see anybody else making models and skins out of other's works besides Vapula's skins for a base, we respect each other's work and don't take it without asking.
C) Next time before you make such a cocky statement, rethink your arguement.

I couldn't have said it better.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#9 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  • Projects:Valarian mod studios, Kingdom of heaven mod co-leader
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:11 AM

lol yeah, you definitely set the record straight lol.
'I can harness the very energy within the walls of this place, and bind them too me, I can turn the air in your lungs to fire, and you....you are nothing more than leaves in a storm, did you really think you could face me here and survive'

- Ammon Jerro, Court Warlock of Neverwinter, lord of Haven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users