154 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:16 PM

I'm open minded about most powers, but what I'm looking for most is suggestions that are codable and can in someway be compared to exsisting powers, especialy those in the other Remix3 alpha and WIP versions.

Some powers I've already made up my mind about:

Assault GLA:
Artillery Strike 1-3

Demo GLA:
DemoTrap spawn changed to resemble the NEW beacon bomb drop power as seen in Remix3 WIPs.

Sneek attack availble at rank5

Stealth GLA:
Sabatage 1-3 (Targetable power, not unit spawn)

Defector 1-3

Sneek Attack available at rank3

Radar Blackout
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 Havok4

Havok4
  • Members
  • 62 posts
  •  Mod Player

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:28 PM

Demo GLA, Terrorist spawn attack, like rebel ambush. missile attack (targetable).
Toxin GLA, toxic barrel stash (like the mine spawning attacks), crop duster strike (like carpet bombing).

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:41 PM

Demo GLA, Terrorist spawn attack, like rebel ambush. missile attack (targetable).
Toxin GLA, toxic barrel stash (like the mine spawning attacks), crop duster strike (like carpet bombing).

Demo GLA...
I like the missle strike. Scuds comming down like an artiller strike. very fitting.

I think he's already got the terrorist spawn...

ToxinGLA...
Barrel Stash... not bad.
Crop Duster Strike, I think would be sweet if it was 3-5-7 crop dusters breezing a huge area, but indevidualy they would be very frail.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 Striker26

Striker26
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:22 PM

for assault how bout a single bomber comes and drops a blanket of cluster bombs over a base

a level 5 would be suitable for it because it lays down a sheet of cluster bombs

#5 Logical2u

Logical2u
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • Projects:Chucking random mod ideas around.

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:44 PM

Hmm hmm..

GLA.

GLA is all about finesse playing.

Assault GLA: Replace Rebel Ambush 1-3 with Scorpion Ambush 1-3 (2-4-6 scorps appear from a small tunnel IE Something closer to the Sneak Attack than the Rebel Ambush.)

I seem to remember assault also had a terrorist strike: Replace that with a small Crop Duster-esque place dropping a cluster bomb over an area, maybe? A little bit less close to Demo, then.

Toxin: Can you grant the ability to generate toxin fields or acid fields with a power? IE: A level 3 power that creates a toxin pool similar in size to a Luna/Scud strike? Of course, if you are planning on using Defilers still that's kind of redundant.

Still for toxin, a frenzy like ability already exists (Drugs) AFAIK... hmm.

Have some sort of toxic version of leaflet drop?

Demolitions: Some sort of power that plants a booby trap on a small radius of buildings? A lot safer to use than rebels, more deady and unexpected too I'd bet.

Demo trap spawn already exists, I think.

Terrorist spawn SHOULD exist if it doesn't.

Does Jarmen Kell get timed/remote C4 charges? If not, that could be good.

Stealth: Generals ability instead of Rebel Ambush: Civilian Uprising, if it's possible to code ground based generals powers: IE: A series of small civilian cars enter an area, strapped with explosives, and then 2 rebels and an RPG trooper exit each one.

Grant his Jarmen Kell the ability to spawn using a generals point anywhere on the map?

That's all I can think of, I guess

-Logical2u

#6 Havok4

Havok4
  • Members
  • 62 posts
  •  Mod Player

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:44 PM

Stealth, Dust storm (renders stealth detection impossible in a medium area.) Weapon stash, (upgrades units in radius two levels.) Sneak attack tunnel is invisible.

Edited by Havok4, 29 August 2006 - 09:51 PM.

#7 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:23 AM

ewww nooo lol.
i always hated rebel or terroest ambushs they are the worst ever.
Rank3+ for a group of rebles that die so easly and do no damage to the enermys base or units, only good to kill infantry, and by rank 3 u need something a little more painful.

And terrorets one suck the worst, if one dies they all die and there infantry so they die quick, does not give u any time to give them orders to attack targets.
You may aswell simply order them all to attack 1 building and be done with it.

Demo gen power.
How about a carpent bombing HE mine field lvl 1-3?
Basicly the same as the mine drops for china apart from it would drop like a carpet bomb spreading a lien of he mines in the enermys base.
Lvl 1 = 1 plane
Lvl 2 = 2 planes
Lvl 3 = 3 planes

Simple yet a very anoying power for anyone on the receving end.

Logical u can't have spawning jarm kel anywhere on the map power it would be pointless, u can only build 1 hero and if u already built him then that power would not work.

Edited by Phoenix911, 30 August 2006 - 01:30 AM.

Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#8 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:55 AM

level five demo general
3 bombers come and drop HE bombs

#9 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:08 AM

level five demo general
3 bombers come and drop HE bombs

Meh i don't like this, i profer my idea. Carpet bombers or just normal bomber strikes are like done to often, mines more of a uniqe carpet bomber.

U could make one for the toxin gen if u wanted using toxin mines. Someone suggested toxin mines in the remix topic.

Edited by Phoenix911, 30 August 2006 - 02:16 AM.

Posted Image
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#10 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:15 AM

well pend said more units will have the ability 2 clear mines and i am sure ever 1 here builds stealth detecting units

so mines would do nothing then slowing down an advance

i think that stealth general could have a power that makes a plane drop undetectable mines(not alot)

#11 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:26 AM

well pend said more units will have the ability 2 clear mines and i am sure ever 1 here builds stealth detecting units

so mines would do nothing then slowing down an advance

i think that stealth general could have a power that makes a plane drop undetectable mines(not alot)

Tiker ther is only going to be 2 or 3 units that can remove mines from what i remember pend talking about before, and how meny peaple build mine clearing units?
And that amount of mines dropped from 3 planes (lvl3) over a large area (carpet bombing) then i think it would pose a threat, i doulb u would find it a crap skill, drop it over a group of enermy troops while there building or around war factorys and or barracks and it becomes a BIG pain in the ass.

And who said gen powers have to be offensive?
This skill would be a great way of slowin someones advance or defending a undefended path
Posted Image

#12 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Projects:former Remix 3 Alpha Tester
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:23 AM

how about for assault gen, a Katusha rocket strike, with 3 levels, it fires 5-10 medium sized rockets (which are effective against small tanks and infantry) the missiles spread out over a large area, and are not affective against single targets but can pound large troop concentrations! (the rockets would be destroyable by base defences)

(a suggestion, assaults temple of jhad should be given to toxin cos its more of a toxin weapon)
i havent played remix, so i dont know if it already has or if its even in remix

plz dont give steath defector, (if it converts units) those types of abilties ruin mods
(if u can use it on a dozer, it REALLY STUPID)

Edited by Death_Pheonix, 31 August 2006 - 07:24 AM.

Posted Image

Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 wolfshadow

wolfshadow

title available

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:39 AM

(Upgrade/Unit) How about a technical that can drop off demo traps. Be a neat way to slow down a force advancing on you... Send out a couple technicals, drop off a couple demo traps, whizz back to base...

#14 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:28 AM

how about for assault gen, a Katusha rocket strike, with 3 levels, it fires 5-10 medium sized rockets (which are effective against small tanks and infantry) the missiles spread out over a large area, and are not affective against single targets but can pound large troop concentrations! (the rockets would be destroyable by base defences)

(a suggestion, assaults temple of jhad should be given to toxin cos its more of a toxin weapon)
i havent played remix, so i dont know if it already has or if its even in remix

plz dont give steath defector, (if it converts units) those types of abilties ruin mods

Pend already is adding a lvl1-3 katusha rocket strike much liek teh china artil lvl1-3, but u can not shoot them down with base defence and imo thats how it should be.

Defectors ok its pretty funn but it can be anoying to have your workers stolen, maybe if u can make it so workers are immune to it. i think this would be better.
Posted Image

#15 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:11 AM

Sombody mentioned a version of lefat drop for toxin gen, and that brought an old idea back up, a C-47 is dropping parts of dead soilders which demoralize and poison the enemy, or sth similar could also replace the transportrocket, or anotherversion could drop terrorists!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:33 PM

(Upgrade/Unit) How about a technical that can drop off demo traps. Be a neat way to slow down a force advancing on you... Send out a couple technicals, drop off a couple demo traps, whizz back to base...

this was in some other mod i forgot which 1 but used in groups of 3-5 it is very effective

#17 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:05 PM

Theres a catch. in Contra and Remix stolen Dozers can't build any buildings. I don't support the "Haha, I have your dozer" strategy.

Given the otherwise limited resources I plan for stealth general I think this power will remain quite balanced.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:06 PM

well if u also took their HQ can u build their buildings?

#19 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:22 AM

well if u also took their HQ can u build their buildings?

no.

and it was shockwave mod i think that had a battlebus with a demo trap deply system, it was a slitly modified model. Personly i always found it to blow up as soon as they was place killin your own units
Posted Image

#20 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:19 PM

demo traps?
they only blow up when enemy units come
how did u use them?

so how can u build the other generals stuff in remix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users