Photo

GLA General's Powers for Remix3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic

#41 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:58 AM

I laugh at the idea of sniping robots, What will u snipe? no pilot.
Also i think an AI witch is hell bent on kicking your ass would be super smart to know how to build a units that has all its critical working parts protected very well.

UY have to remember alot of todays military units are actuly more designed by computers doing the maths and stuff, so basicly if a computer is used for calulations and such (very complex calculations) then i sure an AI could design and make super advance units that would need more than a simple snipe shot to disable.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#42 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:34 PM

i think for the toxic general maybe a small tech tree like the tank general, for acids and toxins. like at rank 5 to build a acid missile Supaweapon, or for the mobile supa weapon, have like a long ranges acid/tocix SCUD.
Or instead of the carpet bombing and planes droppping stuff etc, i think that other upgrades should be availbe, cause most of the generals have like planes droppping things, and different lvls of plane strikes. i think it would be cool if 1 general of each faction got something different, like a tech tree.
or if your going with the strike ideas, for the assult or demo general and shrapnel/flak bomb. it instantly kills all infantry in the AoE and damages buildings/tanks avaliable and rank 3 cost 1. Or for the assult generasl ,An assult bombing run or assult attack. A plane files over head, and rebels inside it throw out petrol bombs and grenades, damageing the buildings, and fire rifles at infantry and rpgs at tanks, in the AoE. rank 3 cost 1
( if its not codelble to have rebels throwing stuff. just make a plane, eg the cargo plane, and just have the rpgs, bombs etc just come out of it, like when infantry are garrisoned in a building or a tank)

Edited by olli, 02 September 2006 - 05:36 PM.

Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#43 Guest_Violence (Not Logged In)_*

Guest_Violence (Not Logged In)_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:20 AM

Assuming you get the Defector working right.. Because right now you can make your opponent have unlimited money.. ;P

Anyway.

Here's a Flame Gen power..

A squadron of planes which spray napalm substance in targeted area, maybe you could code it like the GLA spraying plane. Everything under the effect of this ability has a black hew. Everything with that hew, including buildings and ground burns from flames at once(no need for 3 Inferno Cannons to make a firestorm in a black area, for example.. Or a Dragon Tank can do crazy damage that way) and for 100% more damage from flame hits. It could make a simple Dragon Tank attack very fearsome.

I don't know how difficult this would be, I've seen the GLA planes spraying toxins which give a red hue to units(demoralization effect) in other mods. Can't be too hard to make this one.

Have the black stuff last like 3'..

#44 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:22 AM

Assuming you get the Defector working right.. Because right now you can make your opponent have unlimited money.. ;P

Anyway.

Here's a Flame Gen power..

A squadron of planes which spray napalm substance in targeted area, maybe you could code it like the GLA spraying plane. Everything under the effect of this ability has a black hew. Everything with that hew, including buildings and ground burns from flames at once(no need for 3 Inferno Cannons to make a firestorm in a black area, for example.. Or a Dragon Tank can do crazy damage that way) and for 100% more damage from flame hits. It could make a simple Dragon Tank attack very fearsome.

I don't know how difficult this would be, I've seen the GLA planes spraying toxins which give a red hue to units(demoralization effect) in other mods. Can't be too hard to make this one.

Have the black stuff last like 3'..

****I am very sorry, this was the wrong forum!!!! LOL****
If you want, move the post. But see if this idea is possible!

#45 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2006 - 12:31 PM

Phoenix911, first off I just noticed that for some reason the ammo casing in your signature sprints out from the girl's feet instead of coming from the weapon's feeder.. Maybe it's a problem on my end but I doubt it... :shiftee:

Second, since this is a GLA discussion thread..,
Have you played Project Raptor 7.0..? I ask because since you don't get involved with GLA(I think in a post you or Pand said you don't really play with them) I feel I should propose something..

Get PR 7.0 and give GLA a shot, especially Toxin. This is how Toxin Gen should be really, especially the artillery they've given him- you'll know what I mean when you see it. Now I am not saying you should steal the guy's ideas, but maybe you should move into that direction for GLA armies. Something the player will enjoy. I love what PR 7.0 has done with the toxins and it's pretty balanced with nuclear radiation in that mod, only the Nuke Gen with the Gamma Radiation upgrade might be better.

Iin my mind and for balance's sake you need to make last level upgrade toxins stronger than radiation for the Toxin Gen. That is because GLA have no solid attack and shouldn't have one- but their toxins should be lethal to anything and this is more true for the Toxin Gen.. Nuke has radiation, and very solid attacks. No need to give him Damage Over Time bonuses greater than Toxin Gen.

Also take a look at the effect of the toxin artillery in PR 7.0 .. It leaves a toxin cloud looking similar to the Refinery in Contra. It's excellent effect and very spectacular.

Kk, that's all for now. Consider this.

#46 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:16 PM

i played PR before it is not even close 2 contra(so isnt the only war mod(which suck)because it doesnt have alot of units,the gameplay suck,infantry cant do shit 2 heavy armor (no matter the amount of infantry),they have so little amount of buidings,no air force........(i am not going 2 say more)

Gla was not suppose 2 be powerful
but how about giving GLA units a little more speed and power
i think GLA units(execpt super unit)should have very little armor but high speed and powerful weapons

#47 Guest_Violence (Not Logged In)_*

Guest_Violence (Not Logged In)_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:31 AM

i played PR before it is not even close 2 contra(so isnt the only war mod(which suck)because it doesnt have alot of units,the gameplay suck,infantry cant do shit 2 heavy armor (no matter the amount of infantry),they have so little amount of buidings,no air force........(i am not going 2 say more)

i think GLA units(execpt super unit)should have very little armor but high speed and powerful weapons

In searching for good ideas you should look at every mod, which is why I try everything coming out. I like to try out new things.
PR looks like a good idea realized in a bad way, but still has some stuff worth looking into.

Gameplay is the same, don't see what you mean that it sucks. Just typical ZH interface with some micromanagement like switching between ammo types for several aircraft which I found interesting.

Infantry can't do shit? Well excuse me but Infantry Gen, Militia's Fundamentalists, and Elite Rank infantry do well.. Are you sure you got 7.0? And missile infantry is just fine.. I just came back from a 1on1.. Weird. I spawned 6 Rebels with Jarmen Kell inside the enemy base, they were Elite Rank and did some serious damage there just an hour ago.

I agree on the amount of buildings, they have a robotic factory for Tank Gen and such but oh well. Air Force, you are right. Many units, all useless- you can build F23 and stick with that through the whole game, except maybe using Aurora Beta. Other armies have insignificant and buggy air forces.

The units I mention weren't uber, but did what Toxin Gen should do- cover everything with Toxin for Damage Over Time effect plus your typical light tank spam helping out here and there. And in PR the feeling of polluting everything is really there, while in Contra I am sorry but toxins are useless. Even Acid Upgrade is neglectable because everything else sucks so no matter how cool it is on its own, the army as a whole has shallow play.. All of GLA.

In my mind, the basic GLA gameplay should be speed and numbers. Not firepower(average) and not protection(below average).. Just cheap annoying spams of light tanks/infantry that can travel fast for hit-and-run tactics and harassment.. and long range units to assist. Anyway..

#48 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:56 AM

Dear mr guest ( i will refer to u as harry as i don't know u)

Harry look closer at my sig the animation is playing very fast but the ammo is falling from the gun hitting the ground and flying away so it looks like its coming from her feet. Hope that has help'd

Edited by Phoenix911, 04 September 2006 - 12:56 AM.

Posted Image
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#49 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:54 AM

In searching for good ideas you should look at every mod, which is why I try everything coming out. I like to try out new things.
PR looks like a good idea realized in a bad way, but still has some stuff worth looking into.

Gameplay is the same, don't see what you mean that it sucks. Just typical ZH interface with some micromanagement like switching between ammo types for several aircraft which I found interesting.

Infantry can't do shit? Well excuse me but Infantry Gen, Militia's Fundamentalists, and Elite Rank infantry do well.. Are you sure you got 7.0? And missile infantry is just fine.. I just came back from a 1on1.. Weird. I spawned 6 Rebels with Jarmen Kell inside the enemy base, they were Elite Rank and did some serious damage there just an hour ago.

I agree on the amount of buildings, they have a robotic factory for Tank Gen and such but oh well. Air Force, you are right. Many units, all useless- you can build F23 and stick with that through the whole game, except maybe using Aurora Beta. Other armies have insignificant and buggy air forces.

The units I mention weren't uber, but did what Toxin Gen should do- cover everything with Toxin for Damage Over Time effect plus your typical light tank spam helping out here and there. And in PR the feeling of polluting everything is really there, while in Contra I am sorry but toxins are useless. Even Acid Upgrade is neglectable because everything else sucks so no matter how cool it is on its own, the army as a whole has shallow play.. All of GLA.

In my mind, the basic GLA gameplay should be speed and numbers. Not firepower(average) and not protection(below average).. Just cheap annoying spams of light tanks/infantry that can travel fast for hit-and-run tactics and harassment.. and long range units to assist. Anyway..

when i was talking about the INFANTRY i was talking about ONLY WAR mod(it was in brackets)

Harry look closer at my sig the animation is playing very fast but the ammo is falling from the gun hitting the ground and flying away so it looks like its coming from her feet. Hope that has help'd

Harry? :shiftee:

#50 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:18 AM

Harry? :shiftee:

Yes harry, why do u have a problem with harry? I could call him peter if u would profer?
Posted Image

#51 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:53 AM

i would prefer Bob
i think alot of ppl in the 50s are called Bob(IDK)

#52 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:55 PM

wait wait...no one replyed to my idea up top :( :D
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#53 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:20 PM

wait wait...no one replyed to my idea up top :( :D

the tech tree suggestion is a good one. It also works well with some earlier suggestions to make AirF general a tech tree general as well. Although, I would make both Chem and AirF partial tech tree guys with only one or two techs and the rest as powers.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#54 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:07 PM

so u dont like the plane/strike idea?

but if ur gonna go tech tree make it unlock a new superweapon or somehitng that makes acid/toxins do more damage, like a chemical /biological weapons centre, can that houses upgrades and can call in like chemical strike of carpet bomibing, missles and artiallry over a medium area. and i think one like tank gen to make his base defence stronger.
Posted Image

#55 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:58 PM

how does GLA get carpet bombing?
i think it should be katyusha rocket

#56 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:09 AM

I don't reply to ideas unless i read them and i have been very lazy just latly and right now i too tired to read it fully. but skimmin it and from what pend was saying bout tech tree and stuff sounds ok.

ps: tiker from now on all guests are "bilbo" ok a kinda compramise from not having harry or bob :D
Posted Image

#57 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:06 PM

Yes Harry, why do u have a problem with Harry? I could call him Peter if u would prefer?

Do you have a Spy Drone over my house? My brother's name is Harry... :p

I am in the early 20s, not in my 50s and I cannot be named Harry nor Bob for technical reasons...! You can feel free to take guesses..

^-^

Edited by Pendaelose, 09 September 2006 - 03:14 PM.

#58 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:51 PM

jack?
michael?
mike?
john?
johnny?
johnson?
alex?

#59 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:03 PM

Tiker, i find you just come on the forum to get your posts up and you like post really short irrelevant things :mellow:...... make it on topic please
For a GLA power, what about the rebel plane i suggested a page back.. where rebels in side a cargo plabe destroy every thing in an area, by throughing grenades and petrol bombs and firing rifles at infantry and RPGs at tanks, it will work the same way a the spectry gun ship, where u click on a place u want destroyed, only the rifles and RPgs are automatic
Posted Image

#60 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:40 PM

Tiker, i find you just come on the forum to get your posts up and you like post really short irrelevant things :mellow:...... make it on topic please
For a GLA power, what about the rebel plane i suggested a page back.. where rebels in side a cargo plabe destroy every thing in an area, by throughing grenades and petrol bombs and firing rifles at infantry and RPGs at tanks, it will work the same way a the spectry gun ship, where u click on a place u want destroyed, only the rifles and RPgs are automatic

thats a good suggestion...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users