48 replies to this topic

#21 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:09 PM

Not exactly. As far as i noe, there are only two examples of naturals piloting non-os modified MS. One is Lowe, and the other is Elijah Kiel. Although technically elijah is a coordinator, for some reason he has the ablilites of your average natural.

Anyway, I always assumed Lowe piloted red frame with the help of 8, at least until the naturals OS. 8 is fully capable of piloting an MS afterall.

As for elijah...he got to his current level of skill after painstakingly practicing until he became a slightly higher than average pilot.

The naturals OS, as far as i noe, automates processes that a coordinator has to do by himself. Stuff that would take near inhuman coordination. I believe that even with the OS, naturals are still not as good as a coordinator.

We basically have no idea how a MS cockpit works...but in my opinion, the various controls spread throughout the cockpit control various fucntions that are rarely used. A coordinator can enter commands in sequence so as to perform non-standard actions...such as backflipping or throwing weapons in a particular way (two examples...early in seed kira threw a saber at a bucue. late in destiny, kira threw both rifles into the air in oreder to catch destiny's sword. he also caught them as they fell afterword)

A natural can do this too...but would probably take far too long to make it a smooth, flowing action. therefore the OS might also be a minor AI, that predicts the likely actions the pilot may want.

Four pedals are kinda complicated already...and im betting you have to control things like balance and stuff constantly in someway, hence naturals are too slow.

True...there might be some naturals could still pilot the things by themselves....but probably never as good as a coordinator. Except maybe in the case of Lowe, despite what i said about 8 helping, Lowe's talents might give him some affinity for this sort of thing.

Edited by Dark Lord Revan, 09 March 2007 - 02:11 PM.

This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#22 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:24 PM

The naturals OS, as far as i noe, automates processes that a coordinator has to do by himself. Stuff that would take near inhuman coordination. I believe that even with the OS, naturals are still not as good as a coordinator.

Actually Rena Inalia has faster and better reaction times then a coordinator in an MS. Considering Ed defeated her would also stand to reason that he has skills that rival any coordinators. And just so we are clear, when Ramius tryed to fly strike I remember her saying the OS was incomplete. Chances are the coordinators have a complete OS which my guess is more responsive then Strikes was. Haveing that in mind this would be more then enough to escape with. ;)

A coordinator can enter commands in sequence so as to perform non-standard actions...such as backflipping or throwing weapons in a particular way

... I seem to remember Sven (who is 100% natural) do the coordinator backflip you speak of while swinging 2 bucues with his arms. This move was about 20x more complex then anything kira's ever done when you think about it. ;)

Posted Image
-Metallica's next album will rule the world.

My Blog, My Deviant Art page, My Youtube

#23 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:32 PM

Um, well i actually meant on a grunt-to-grunt comparison, that coordinators are still better than naturals. Both ed and rena can react faster than coordinators cuse they're both talented that way, but they also have the os automating some of the functions, so they can concerntrate on whats more important, as in actually fighting. I can only assume coordinators dont use the os as it doesnt make them any better for some reason.

As for sven...what i meant was that without the os, he couldnt do that, or at least not do it so quickly and fluidly. I suspect he isnt 100% natural tho. Maybe some kind of semi-extended.

So its kinda like, without the OS, these hero pilots are average or slightly above compared to coordinators in general, and with the OS they are very much the equal of those zaft aces. Or maybe even better. I guess you could put yamada in this category then. ;)

2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"

#24 Sykes

Sykes

title available

• Project Team
  • 385 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:51 PM

I agree with what your saying about the OS, and ive also thought of it the same way. However im going to throw this thought out there.

So your saying that the natural OS automates processes that would normally be to hard for anyone besides a coordinator therefore its different. So that would technically mean the natural OS is better wouldnt it?

Because it would be that much more advantages for the coordinator to use the same OS. Then all his senses could be focused on other things and make him an even better pilot.
Posted Image

#25 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 10 March 2007 - 01:12 AM

Hmm good points...

The Natural OS is better for Narutal Pilots as the Regular OS is better the Coordinators. It mostly comes down to Ace Pilots, they can for the most part commandeer any mobile suit available at their disposal. Ace pilots are Special, remember that.
{SNIP -Mastermind}
So many animes, so little time............

Currently taken over SG's role as the master of Lolis. lol

#26 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:17 AM

Because it would be that much more advantages for the coordinator to use the same OS. Then all his senses could be focused on other things and make him an even better pilot.

Well, not everything in SEED makes sense, thanks to fukada's slopshod work... ;)

Maybe coordinators are so good the naturals OS's effects are negligible, and the normal OS lets them have more autonomy. I dont like this explanation either...but its not as if things like n-jammers are actually explained in SEED.

#27 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:26 AM

Also I did a bit of research and calculations last year in my physics class, my HS teacher had no idea what I was doing it for and she would've probably laughed if she found out im doing follow-up research on an anime.
Deuterium atoms wouldnt really gererate much energy, as the Destiny is supposed to have a much more powerful Nuclear Reactor.

Mebe it's just more clean burning? with hydrogen it's more likely to be that.....
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#28 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 01:30 PM

Its a fusion reactor which should produce more energy..although it would require more energy to start. I suspect they just stuffed technobabble to impress kids. meh.

#29 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

I guess that would make sense. Hmm a controlled Fusion reactor that fits in a MS, not likely but I guess when you can build space colonies........
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#30 Sven C.B

Sven C.B
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Projects:Models for Orangerange's Front Mission 3 map (warcraft 3)

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:17 AM

mayb legacy/fate has a new kind of controls system that enables the user to control effieciently? like some wii motes look-a-like?

could be a nice idea
could make them the first prototype to use it
since it is secret tech for naturals at that time, mayb they created motion technology? and GSL very own hero can operate?

could be a nice idea

#31 acekira

acekira
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:19 PM

Could Yamada be alot like Mu, I mean if you think about it, Mu wasnt exactly what you would call normal. Not to mention he had alot of the abilitys of a new type from the original Gundam. Could Yamada possibly have abilities like this and not know it?

Edited by acekira, 15 October 2007 - 06:20 PM.

"In that case I have only one warning. It hurts like hell." (regarding self-destruction)

#32 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:24 AM

wow didnt we already have this discussion somewhere else XD
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#33 acekira

acekira
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:49 PM

yeah, you guys did, but everyone keeps going on about other possibilites, so why could this not just be another twists, instead of trying to change the storyline?
"In that case I have only one warning. It hurts like hell." (regarding self-destruction)

#34 TeaMaster

TeaMaster
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:33 AM

Here's a thought of how Yamada piloted/moved the Legacy.... Shelba quicky re-wrote the OS so he can piolt it

Could Yamada be alot like Mu, I mean if you think about it, Mu wasnt exactly what you would call normal. Not to mention he had alot of the abilitys of a new type from the original Gundam. Could Yamada possibly have abilities like this and not know it?

Mu didn't have newtype abilities. that newtype flash is from sensing Rau Le Creaset. But it says he has "spatial wareness"

or some thing like that

#35 TeaMaster

TeaMaster
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:48 AM

off topic..... i clicked "card" on my posts... and i have a picture of the freedom for some reason and i don't know y. i didn't put it there nor do i have it. (kinda cool tho, looks like its from someone modding for this game)

Edited by TeaMaster, 26 October 2007 - 05:49 AM.

#36 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:34 AM

In several episodes, Mu exhibits the 'newtype flicker' like cruset. Spatial awareness seems to be made a big deal of, it might be a reference to newtype abilities. Also, funnels are traditionally best used by newtypes.

#37 TeaMaster

TeaMaster
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:06 AM

Maybe we should make a new Thread so ppl can debate this :good:

#38 acekira

acekira
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:23 AM

LOL. you know, I would think that, that would be what we should do.

#39 TeaMaster

TeaMaster
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:56 AM

;) Let's do it! ;)
;) :tiger: :tiger: :tiger: :tiger: :tiger: :tiger: :tiger: :tiger: :tiger:

do it in "anime discussion" thread

#40 acekira

acekira
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:34 PM

Ok, I'll set it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users