Athgar
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts
  • Projects:Czerion
  •  Crazy Monkey Pirate

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:21 PM

I just thought this would make some of chuckle ^_^

http://www.jesus-is-...n_is_stupid.htm

Even the title is amazing, Evolution Is Stupid. How can Evolution be stupid? You might think the theory is, but how can evolution be stupid?

Infact, the whole http://www.jesus-is-savior.com site is laughable. You should see the article about evils in America, about how every bad person, communist, politician, catholic and jews are gay.

I find it amusing, that some fanatic actually believes in the BS.
Posted Image

#2 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:01 PM

He uses parts of scientific theories and disregards the other parts, and is using possibly a non-original copy, or perhaps relying on a high school education, to vilify the theory of evolution.
Somehow it seems like things we've been arguing about here, but 300 times more stupid and written by someone with the mental complexity of a bacteriophage...
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#3 Pastinator

Pastinator

Wild(With An M)

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • Projects:Apocalypse-Zombie RP in the RPG Guild

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:26 PM

I find it hilarious how he say's there is not one proof for evoloution, no their isn't any exact proof, but there is a hell of a lot of evidence!Which is more than can be said about god, i can't see one proof of that either!
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
Join the Campaign for Insanity! Don't Put This in Your Sig to Show your Support!

#4 Pyth

Pyth

Zek Overlord and Pythogrian Supreme General

• Project Team
  • 1,594 posts
  • Projects:Project Aronas (Alpha/Beta Tester)
  •  Nefarious Minion

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:03 PM

That site...

GAH.

Some people are just, plain, stupid.

I mean seriously, that site is a fucking joke!
Posted Image

Posted Image

The moral of that story is do drugs?

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:34 PM

Not taking any sides... And I never looked at the video.. but for those who don't know....

The EXACT definition of evolution is change over a period of time... Everything changes, even humans.. not saying we evolved from apes, but that doesn't mean we don't change....

And can someone tell me who came up with the idea that we evolved from apes? Because it WASN'T Darwin.. if you read his book, The Origin of the Species, he NEVER mentions humans and apes....

#6 Hrod89

Hrod89

Forum Drummer

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Projects:N/A

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:52 PM

Damn, it's like a two year old designed the site. It's actually giving me a headache to look at it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
ASUS A8N5X | AMD Athlon 64 3500+ | 2 X 512 GeIL @ 2.5-3-3-8 | Seagate 7200.8 250GB | XFX GeForce 6800 GS

#7 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:54 PM

Did the government limit all people with IQ's under 10 to a single url? Between the support of rape and half baked 9/11 conspiracies... I'm not sure whether to be afraid or amused that these people exist.
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." -Sigmund Freud
"Laws: We know what they are, and what they are worth! They are spider webs for the rich and mighty, steel chains for the poor and weak, fishing nets in the hands of the government." -Pierre Joseph Proudhon
"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm." -George Orwell

#8 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:39 AM

Not taking any sides... And I never looked at the video.. but for those who don't know....

The EXACT definition of evolution is change over a period of time... Everything changes, even humans.. not saying we evolved from apes, but that doesn't mean we don't change....

And can someone tell me who came up with the idea that we evolved from apes? Because it WASN'T Darwin.. if you read his book, The Origin of the Species, he NEVER mentions humans and apes....

Evolution is far more vast than you credit it. It is not only the theory that every organism changes over time, that is simply gradualism, it is an all-encompassing biological theory which explains about... everything about the diversity of life, from the molecular to the ecological hierarchies of life. In that sense, it is much better than simply saying things change.
If you're interested, I'm sure there are quite a few books on the emerging modernized theory of evolution. They can be pricey, but I do own several books regarding the topic and can say without a doubt that they are fantastically captivating reading and are worth every single penny.
Also, humans never developed from apes. We developed from a common ancestor, a primate to an extent. The human clade branched off just prior to Australopithecus, a genus commonly viewed as the first ancestors of humans, or the point of divergence between the modern primate clade and the human clade (A clade is a term used in cladistics, for more information see the Wikipedia article). The origins for this idea can be seen in the logical progression of the Darwinian theory. As a general rule in the Origin of Species, he only mentions simple matters of evolution, evolution on a small scale, dealing with the gradual speciation of single species. He does not tackle the larger scopes of evolution, such as the evolution of dinosaurs or mammals, which is really only accurately possible today with molecular evidence and the gradual increase of information from paleontology and general biology, including advances in anatomy. As far as the concept of evolution, the honor of first publishing such ideas can be bestowed upon the dubious personality of Jean-Baptiste Lamarck, who is often misconstrued as a fool for his theory of the inheritance of acquired traits. We now know that this is a completely incorrect theory, but he is widely credited with being the first scientist to actually conjecture about the possible gradual evolution of organisms over time.
The rest, as they say, is history.
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#9 Pastinator

Pastinator

Wild(With An M)

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • Projects:Apocalypse-Zombie RP in the RPG Guild

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:51 AM

Another thing that bugs me about this guy is that he clearly does not know his bible! He says that the bible clearly states that the world was created in 6 days,.ACTUALLY that is the translation, if you read it in the original language, you would know that the word day also meant period of time.
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
Join the Campaign for Insanity! Don't Put This in Your Sig to Show your Support!

#10 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:17 PM

A few decent books I uncovered:
http://www.amazon.co...5343165?ie=UTF8
http://www.amazon.co...-...TF8&s=books

The third is by Stephen Jay Gould, a renowned biologist, and the fourth is a compilation of Darwin's works, including the Origin of Species and the Descent of Man.

And the only thing that really bugs me about the ignorant fool on that website is that he understands absolutely nothing about evolution. If you work off a four year old's education level, then yes, evolution is quite hard to grasp. For the stupid it is nigh impossible.
Thus it is my understanding of the situation that those that cannot understand the process go on to militarize against it, and attack it as foolish. It is a normal reaction from humans, and stupid humans at that. It would be roughly tantamount to not being able to drive a car, as a result you may have an illogical fear of said car, or to cover your idiocy, you would possibly attack the notion of having a car as ludicrous and expensive. Evolution is in the same boat, it is this, not blind faith in scripture, which drives the truly stupid. The truly devout, however, unfortunately believe in what they say.
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#11 Athgar

Athgar
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts
  • Projects:Czerion
  •  Crazy Monkey Pirate

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:17 AM

Just wait until you see his article about gay people, its quite "amusing" how he can explain that every "bad" person in history was gay.

http://www.jesus-is-...ty_is_a_sin.htm

I like this quote :blush: "Nazi Führer Hitler and Italian dictator Mussolini enjoy a homoerotic exhibit."

EDIT: Here is the start of the article >:L

"Serial killers, government tyrants, academic liberals, Catholic priests, politicians, Mormon Church higher-ups, Jewish rabbis, environmental extremists, communists, religious heretics, mass murderers, occultists, spies, and the Illuminati share something hideous and grotesque in common. Almost all are homo-sexual. Worse, most of the sick-minded men who comprise these demented social groups are not only homosexual, they practice the most kinky and perverted forms of sexual licentiousness-pedophilia, satanic bondage, physical torture, bisexuality, transvestitism, and even bestiality.

If you doubt this, I invite you to consider the wicked lives of some of these moral degenerates—men like Lenin, Mussolini, Hitler, Marx, Jim Jones, Alfred Kinsey, Michael Jackson, Jacques DeMolay, Bill Clinton, Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart, Mick Jagger, Aleister Crowley, Hubert Humphrey, Paul Tsongas, Martin Luther King, Mario Cuomo, Rudy Giuliani, Jeffrey Dahmer, Richard Speck, and John Wayne Gacy."

I wonder why Martin Luther King is listed as a moral degenerate? Probably a typo :p

Edited by Athgar, 05 September 2006 - 08:19 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Cossack

Cossack

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:08 AM

Im not even going to bother pointing out all the mistakes in that....I think its pretty obvious....its funny how stupid people can really be :blush:

#13 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:27 PM

Just reminds me of an episode of Boston Legal.
"Ho-mo-sexual"
"Oh those three little words again"
It seems like some people don't realize it's one word... apparently even when typing.

Regardless it's bullshit. Two of the most obvious that stand out to me are Rudy Giuliani and Bill Clinton, both had affairs with women, although you could say Clinton is married to someone more manly than him.

Oh wait it gets better. The so-called "Mystery Religions", y'know, the good ones of the classical era, were apparently all wildly homosexual. According to the Bible (The most unreputable source about religious tolerance on the planet, save for a member of the KKK), the Carthaginians (Whom they should have had no dealings with unless I'm missing something) erected temples to male prostitution. Well that's funny, considering the Carthaginians were exterminated by the Romans before Jesus was ever born, and guess what? Well plenty of things were said about the Carthaginians by the Romans after they lost, but to my knowledge, there is not one book or script which states that to any effect. So how could anyone know that, if all the people who saw it were long dead at the time of Constantine's review, and if they were told by word of mouth, exactly how reliable can that source be? I can answer that for you: Horribly unreliable. Hearsay.
Alexander's homosexuality is still contested, although apparently this idiot knows exactly what he wanted. And I guess it's not worth mentioning that his male companion was about the same age.
Commodus and Tiberius engaged in numerous counts of improper relations with young boys (Which were not so improper then, they were the most powerful people in Rome). Tiberius would have naked children swim around him in a pool, his "minnows", who, when they bored him, would be thrown off the cliffs of his oceanside villa to their death.
And remember, Karl Marx was a Satanist Templarite. Considering there's no evidence for him being anything but an atheist, and there is no real "Templarite" doctrine, although you could say they were proto-capitalist lawyers with muscles, I think whoever this website was written by should go find the light of jesus. At the bottom of those cliffs.

Edited by MSpencer, 05 September 2006 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:01 PM

Yes, MCSpencer, I was rather vague in my definition:

Evolution: Organic evolution encompasses all changes in the characteristics and diversity of life on earth throughout its history.

It’s the same as you said, but this way makes it easier for me to digest... I’m somewhat of a perfectionist and need to have some sort of organization to things around me, although you wouldn’t be able to tell by the appearance of my room!

And I will definitely be looking into the information you’ve provided me.

I see that you guys are really into this whole Science/Religion thing. I think it’s kool that you guys know your stuff pretty well, and I see that on your profiles, some of you are younger than me. So I have some catching up to do. Can someone tell me where the single-celled organism came from? I hear that some are suggesting that it might have come from Mars, that Mars once looked like earth and that they’ve found fossils of Amoebas on the Red Planet. What can you guys tell me?

#15 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:58 PM

Simplicity is a trick which good people use to make life easier, eventually turning them stupid and giving their brain the consistency of a sponge. To truly understand biology it cannot be approached from simplifications, unfortunately.
I would love to simplify it in a form that anyone could read, but unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to find one person on the planet who can without it losing any meaning.

Single celled organisms evolved from protobionts, which were a product of chemical evolution. It took millions of years of extremely slow chemical evolution to eventually create what we consider to be the basic biological macromolecules, thus creating a vastly more fit organism which eventually eclipsed pre-existing protobiont "species" (Really types).
With regards to Mars, the theory that it once looked like Earth is just that, theory, and as far as theories go it has few proponents, little evidence, and is in the same league as those who believe aliens came from Mars and took over the government.
The first in depth investigation of Mars with surface vehicles just started recently. It is being investigated by a relatively primitive robot which has an amazing ability to get caught on flat, level terrain, being stopped by a pebble before undergoing a massive software crash which takes sixteen hours to fix. No evidence of life has ever been discovered on Mars. Amoebas have never been discovered on Mars, and it's likely that if they were discovered, it would be in at least seventy years with in depth exploration of sedimentary rock, which, to be honest, may not be anything more than caked dust. Rover, very very big and very very bad at its job, amoeba, very very tiny and not likely to survive as a fossil.
While the idea that there may have once been life on Mars is intriguing, I personally cannot see any evidence supporting such claims. Mostly that is due to an incredible lack of evidence on either side, but the thought of anything being alive on Mars ever is currently as fantastic as the early astronomical "observations" that Venus was a lovely, pleasurable clone of the Earth where wine flowed in the rivers and the only population were a billion promiscuous female supermodels. I believe there's actually a painting to that effect...
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#16 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  • Projects:Quite a Few
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:29 AM

note: he appears to be coming from the angle of christians that beleive in evolution are stupid, well thats as much as i read anyway :p

Edited by Morpheus, 06 September 2006 - 03:30 AM.

Dmain | I-Cold | earthWhois
Dmain Now offers .mobi extensions....why? Because we can :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update: EAW Galaxy is almost ready for launch. We're currently in need of forum staff and content writers for the main site. Please PM or Email me ASAP.

BFME Fans if you think you have what it takes, bfmeworld.com would love to be built. I have neither the time, nor the motivation any longer...

#17 Airman

Airman

title available

• Project Team
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 07:45 AM

Well, I'm not a christian, but I know that evolution is full of holes and is just crap. Those skeletons turn out to be false and when say say "We've found the missing link!", you never hear about that certain event again.
My view: Evolution is wrong
That guy is a bible thumper

Posted Image

#18 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:24 AM

Funny how a christian website takes notes from the old testament which is mainly jewish. The new testament is what made the christian religion, not the old. The new testament has an entirely different apporach to this.

Evolution might have gaps but it happens. Everything in this universe and even this universe itself has evolved since the moment of its existence. It has evolved physically from DNA etc and even to new discoveries, like man discovering fire. These were all key parts of our evolution because they took us to the next level of understanding and communication.

Evolution is a natural part of creation. Without evolution nothing can progress.

As for that homosexual page, its all the same with christians generally. Well thats quite a wide generalisation. Its all the same for the ignorant christians who do not understand their faith properly. Christianity is about Christ, gaining the "christ consciousness" as they call it by loving every aspect of this world and creation like Jesus did. Its not about burning homosexuals and doing "gods work." Although his target on politicians being homosexual, it wouldn't surprise me if many of them were homosexual or bisexual, your bound to find some so its rather a pointless note. What gets me is Christianity teaches love of everything within creation yet morons like this pervert the religion because they are so fearing of difference. Thats what gives such religions a bad name, because people take them literally.

#19 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:43 PM

Well, I'm not a christian, but I know that evolution is full of holes and is just crap. Those skeletons turn out to be false and when say say "We've found the missing link!", you never hear about that certain event again.
My view: Evolution is wrong
That guy is a bible thumper

That is perhaps the most ridiculous statement I have ever seen in my life. Jibber jabber. Ridiculous.
I have spent the last three months going up against the ignorant, the born-agains, and the idiots. Evolution is a sound, modern theory with no discernible holes until people make them up, and then refuse to back any of their ridiculously ignorant speculation up. Thousands of people infinitely more intelligent than you have spent their entire lives studying this one theory. The evidence is more than overwhelming. The only reason why it is not a law is because there is no definite mathematical proof to model evolution yet, and if you don't plan on taking my word for it, I recommended at least six books over the course of three months all over this forum, I suggest you buy them and read them, perhaps it might cure you of your ignorance momentarily.
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#20 Cossack

Cossack

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:58 PM

Ive just started to learn evolution in school, and I'm finding it extremely interesting. The facts and evidence seem so sound that it is stupid not to believe in it. Of course there are a few religious kids in my class, and when I debate with them at lunch they use the fact that "we look nothing like monkeys!" to try to prove evolution wrong. Man, there are so many stupid people at my school....we once had a fake election at our school and the conservative party won by 60%!, when most of the students don't even know shit about politics and they just vote the way there mom and dad do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users