Skinners needed

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:46 PM

Hi ok ill get straight to the point we are in need of a skilled skinner,, i am not asking for mulitple skins all at once but just to be done at a pace that will keep this mod alive me and general otmin do wish to keep it going so please if you are free and skilled and are interestd contact me either through her or mns ashley_atherton@msn.com. If you havn't heard of this mod click here Legendary Tales thanks in advance

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:47 PM

Free? Not exactly. Skilled? Hard to say.

Best way to get a skilled skinner is to become one.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Projects:*Trinity Wars*
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:20 PM

We could also use an animator. I'm trying to start skinning, but I'm not good at it (unless I'm just editing an already created skin).

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#4 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:40 PM

i actualy tried skinning and it look cartoony :(

#5 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:06 AM

First skins rarely turn out good (from my own experience :shiftee: ) but keep at it and you will get better.

#6 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:58 PM

ah but i have vey little xp with photoshop and now my trial has run out :blush: any ideas on how to get past this thanks in advance

#7 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:02 PM

When I started skinning I had zero experience in Photoshop, and I still find out things to this day. If you want a way past the trial, add me to your msn.

#8 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:16 PM

Im not a skinner, so thispost will be a little of topic, and I say sorry in advance.

1st: Ohh its Matias and his mystical Trial Extenders...

2nd:

Hi ok ill get straight to the point we are in need of a skilled skinner,, i am not asking for mulitple skins all at once but just to be done at a pace that will keep this mod alive me and general otmin do wish to keep it going so please if you are free and skilled and are interestd contact me either through her or mns ashley_atherton@msn.com. If you havn't heard of this mod click here Legendary Tales thanks in advance

You have one full stop in there.... It makes it REALLY hard to read your posts... How about a correction:

Hi OK ill get straight to the point: We are in need of a skilled skinner,, i am not asking for multiple skins all at once but just to be done at a pace that will keep this mod alive. Me and general otmin do wish to keep it going, so please if you are free and skilled and are interested contact me either through here or msn. ashley_atherton@msn.com. If you haven't heard of this mod click here:Legendary Tales thanks in advance!

Note how 3 more puncuation marks makes your post more readable.

EDIT: Since I was already off topic, I don't want to post again :blush: I left the Double commas in on purpose, If you have 2 periods it is still easier to read than if you neglected punctuation all along. Not to mention I didn't edit your post as much as I would have, you have a TON of spelling and grammar mistakes in there! In fact, if I wrote it, I would have worded it very differently.

Edited by Fingulfin, 05 September 2006 - 04:32 PM.

Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#9 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:17 PM

thanks what is your msn i can't find it on your profile

lol sorry fingulfin but you made a slight double comma mistake lol

Edited by turbinator, 05 September 2006 - 04:18 PM.

#10 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:20 PM

That was your mistake, he quoted you. And you still didn't bother writing proper English..

ffx_matias@hotmail.com

#11 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:24 PM

oh yes i just realised i had teh double comma in it but he had it in the correction to, but thanks anyway fin.

#12 Juan

Juan
  • Project Team
  • 108 posts
  • Projects:The Four Ages | Reign Of Darkness
  •  Wannabe Concept Artist

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:56 PM

This is sad... So... Very... Sad...

Actually, used to type like that a couple of years ago, which makes it even more sad :blush:
"When anger breaks through, I'll leave mercy behind!"

Posted Image

#13 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:04 PM

meh it saves time

#14 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:20 PM

For modders time isn't really an issue. If you truly want an experienced person, you can show respect to the other members by using correct grammar. Thats one way you can tell the experience of a modder. If they type like this:

"we cld rlly use a skiner 4 our mod u need 2 b vry exprinced and good if u r interested contact me at blablabla@whatever.com"

You can tell that they arent really very serious about this psoition, else they would have done everything within thier power to attract people. If they type like this:

"The mod team of *Whatever Mod* is looking for a skinner. You can tell from our previous topics what kind of work we have done, and what this mod is about. We need someone experienced, as our models are somewhat complex. We would also prefer someone serious, who wont say "Sure Ill do it!" then never show up. If you are interested in the postition contact me at: blablabla@whatever.com."

I don't know about you, but I would take the second text alot more seriously!
Posted Image

#15 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:02 PM

yes i would to, online games tend to make me have use grammar, and thanks for the help.

Edited by turbinator, 05 September 2006 - 08:02 PM.

#16 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:39 PM

No sweat, I came from playing BFME I online where I also picked up some nasty grammar habits :p For an idea of how bad I was, here is the first topic I posted: See how much Ive improved? :p
Posted Image

#17 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  • Projects:Valarian mod studios, Kingdom of heaven mod co-leader
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:55 PM

heeheh fin, your first post, its ssooo sweet lol, j/ks, anyway, this has to stop, noobs just stopping in off the street and they think, hmmm lets start a mod, oh no I have no experiance whats so ever, I knows lets get a real modder to do it all for me.... sorry getting abity side tracked lol

this post had nearly nothing to do with the topic lol.....
'I can harness the very energy within the walls of this place, and bind them too me, I can turn the air in your lungs to fire, and you....you are nothing more than leaves in a storm, did you really think you could face me here and survive'

- Ammon Jerro, Court Warlock of Neverwinter, lord of Haven

#18 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:00 PM

i see what you mean fin, i am not a noob but im not exactly talented either feanor :p.

#19 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:51 PM

I also had no exp in photoshop atall. But after reading tutorials i found on the net (any ps tutorials :D ) i started learning stuff and im getting better... But i still have alot to learn.

#20 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:49 PM

ok thanks flameguard for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users