Zelda Unleashed mod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
147 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_thelemur_*_*

Guest_Guest_thelemur_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:58 PM

i dont know if any of you read it on gamereplays, but im making a mod that converts the game to zelda factions. i have no mod team, and i would like a little help to speed up the process, so if you are experienced, let me know. you can check out the other forum and my site:

http://www.google.co...showtopic=84362

http://www.freewebs.com/thelemur

#2 Guest_jiggaman_*

Guest_jiggaman_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:01 PM

dude the link wont work for the forum!

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:02 PM

sorry, its:

http://www.google.co...showtopic=84362

#4 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Projects:*Trinity Wars*
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

lol. Another Zelda fan :p Good luck with the mod. Just want to post this too :p

Attached Thumbnails

• MajorasMask.gif

Edited by General Otmin, 05 September 2006 - 10:03 PM.

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

that dosnt work either

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:03 PM

nice pic General Otmin

guest: the link is on my site, just follow that.

#7 thelemur

thelemur
  • Members
  • 180 posts
  • Projects:The Battle for Ashalimore
  •  Coder, Mapper, BASIC Skinner/Modeller

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:05 PM

sorry, i forgot to log in. im the one who started the post
please offer help
Posted Image

#8 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:05 PM

I'm making some Zelda themed models right now (not for anything specific. Majora's mask made by me). Would you want to use some if you like them?

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#9 thelemur

thelemur
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:06 PM

I'm making some Zelda themed models right now (not for anything specific. Majora's mask made by me). Would you want to use some if you like them?

i would have to check them out first, but ya that would be great if you could offer.
Posted Image

#10 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:10 PM

I'm starting to make a Lizalfo today so I'll post a pic when it's done. It's hard to find another person with an obsession with Zelda greater than me :p good to see another fan. Nice models so far btw :p

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

#11 thelemur

thelemur
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:11 PM

thanks, do you want to be added to the mod team section of my site?
Posted Image

#12 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:12 PM

Sure :p

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

#13 thelemur

thelemur
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:13 PM

ok, welcome aboard
Posted Image

#14 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:35 PM

That's always good to hear.

Here's a recent example of someone who actually bit the bullet and bothered to ask Nintendo about their policy on their content usage;
http://forum.moddb.com/thread/17556/

A short three page read, but meaningful nonetheless.

Read the thread mentioned, and stop with the Zelda mod before Nintendo sues your ass off :p No, Im NOT joking!

Edited by Fingulfin, 05 September 2006 - 10:35 PM.

Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#15 thelemur

thelemur
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:47 PM

That's always good to hear.

Here's a recent example of someone who actually bit the bullet and bothered to ask Nintendo about their policy on their content usage;
http://forum.moddb.com/thread/17556/

A short three page read, but meaningful nonetheless.

Read the thread mentioned, and stop with the Zelda mod before Nintendo sues your ass off :p No, Im NOT joking!

just to let you know, im in the process of requesting permission, and as long as im waiting for the reply, ill continue working, so dont think i have ignored copyrights...and im hoping that despiet the previous rejection, theyll allow it, and maybe not, i could try setting up a petition!(.....maybe)

Edited by thelemur, 05 September 2006 - 11:01 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:19 PM

Your lucky Im a civilised person. Did you read the topic in the link? He said the EXACT same thing as you, and he got a polite answer. Just wait till ambershee gets whif of this. I recommend you stop now, before it is too much of a disapointment when you get shut down. Trust me, I tell you this for your own good. Ignore me if you wish, but I don't beleive that there is a chance in Heaven or Hell that you will get permission. Again, read that topic, it was not a joke! My goodness, its about the same subject too. A Zelda mod. Wake up people! :p

EDIT: If you don't want to read the topic, here is a quote from NINTENDO:

"...we receive literally hundereds and just hundreds of requests to use our characters and names every month, and unfortunatly Nintendo doesn't give out permissions to use it's characters and names and such. We're affraid we only allow licensed companies to use the names..."

Edited by Fingulfin, 05 September 2006 - 11:21 PM.

Posted Image

#17 thelemur

thelemur
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:23 PM

Your lucky Im a civilised person. Did you read the topic in the link? He said the EXACT same thing as you, and he got a polite answer. Just wait till ambershee gets whif of this. I recommend you stop now, before it is too much of a disapointment when you get shut down. Trust me, I tell you this for your own good. Ignore me if you wish, but I don't beleive that there is a chance in Heaven or Hell that you will get permission. Again, read that topic, it was not a joke! My goodness, its about the same subject too. A Zelda mod. Wake up people! :p

EDIT: If you don't want to read the topic, here is a quote from NINTENDO:

"...we receive literally hundereds and just hundreds of requests to use our characters and names every month, and unfortunatly Nintendo doesn't give out permissions to use it's characters and names and such. We're affraid we only allow licensed companies to use the names..."

I READ THE TOPIC
it never kills anyone to try, and people seem to support my decision everywhere else, so im stickin with it for now and if they say no, then i have to stop but you cant tell me that it is not an option to try

Edited by thelemur, 05 September 2006 - 11:24 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:32 PM

You can try, there is nothing against that. Im just saying that its not much use to waste your breath. Remember this though: Here at Revora/T3A we fully enjoy, endorse and accept all the benefits of LEGAL modding. If it becomes illegal (Like your permission requests gets declined), you might want to look elswhere for support. Really, its for your own good. When I decided I wanted to do "The Inheritance Mod" I made sure to get permission before I told ANYONE (except 2 or 3 close friends) what I was planning on. Now that I have permission, I feel free to recruit. However, I still don't believe I have enough work done to impress anyone here (I don't have a modeler atm :() so I still have not even officially asked for help. Oops, Im getting off topic :p
Posted Image

#19 thelemur

thelemur
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:34 PM

You can try, there is nothing against that. Im just saying that its not much use to waste your breath. Remember this though: Here at Revora/T3A we fully enjoy, endorse and accept all the benefits of LEGAL modding. If it becomes illegal (Like your permission requests gets declined), you might want to look elswhere for support. Really, its for your own good. When I decided I wanted to do "The Inheritance Mod" I made sure to get permission before I told ANYONE (except 2 or 3 close friends) what I was planning on. Now that I have permission, I feel free to recruit. However, I still don't believe I have enough work done to impress anyone here (I don't have a modeler atm :() so I still have not even officially asked for help. Oops, Im getting off topic :p

if the permission isnt given ill just move on and forget about it, but i can always hope
Posted Image

#20 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  • Projects:Quite a Few
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:47 PM

fin, ur not gonna convince him. Dude goodluck and pray that nintendo will take pity on you....however unlikely it may be.

I think we should stop arguing and see if it works =\ if not, its Mr. lemur's fault :p

Dmain | I-Cold | earthWhois
Dmain Now offers .mobi extensions....why? Because we can :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update: EAW Galaxy is almost ready for launch. We're currently in need of forum staff and content writers for the main site. Please PM or Email me ASAP.

BFME Fans if you think you have what it takes, bfmeworld.com would love to be built. I have neither the time, nor the motivation any longer...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users