Photo

GLA in Remix3 China Alpha

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Poll: How should the GLA be TEMPORARLY balanced against the ESCALATION upgrades for China and USA in the Remix3 China Alpha? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Contra Rank Restricitons be used for GLA?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Should the GLA recieve a PARTIAL escalation system for the Alpha?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:22 PM

I've been sitting thnking at work all day and I've descided the China Alpha will be released to the public once it is polished enough for presentation. I hope to release it by October 13th for the first birthday of Remix3, but that is still a fluid date.

But, a public release requires a more balanced aproach to the SO-FAR yet un-modded GLA. Leaving them fully unrestricted in units and super weapons while the other factions are hog-tied by expensive and time consuming escalation upgrades makes the GLA super powered and unresistaly powerful in the early and mid game.

GLA must be balanced for a public release, but they will not be modded beyond the Contra content for this Alpha.

Discuss.

Edited by Pendaelose, 06 September 2006 - 03:23 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:58 PM

tbh i dont see what is actually wrong with giving them the escalation system, i prefere it WAY better than the rank system, especially if your just testing and playing around. IMO i would keep it like all the other faactions, or just make them build it from the start after building the tech centre
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#3 Striker26

Striker26
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:02 PM

escalation upgrade

rank will make them to weak

#4 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:14 PM

just make their escalation upgrade alittle cheaper and faster than the others

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:22 PM

just make their escalation upgrade alittle cheaper and faster than the others

no. it has to be identical because there arn't enough upgrade slots to spend on making a seperate set of upgrades. the 3 exsisting upgrades are all there will ever be.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#6 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:38 PM

so r GLA generals going 2 get any restrictions?

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:04 PM

so r GLA generals going 2 get any restrictions?

they'll get something in the near term. Then when I mod them fully they will be built up like all the other generals.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:12 AM

NO!!!! let them get ranked up faster and no restritions it makes them harder and more fun to fight. I vote we leave it as it is to keep it a challange, this is untill the gla is done and every gen has the new ai then we are all going to HELL!!!!
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#9 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:20 AM

NO!!!! let them get ranked up faster and no restritions it makes them harder and more fun to fight. I vote we leave it as it is to keep it a challange, this is untill the gla is done and every gen has the new ai then we are all going to HELL!!!!

The AI will still be plenty challenging, even with the Rank or Escalation bonuses. The Hard AI can be given 6X exp OR start with full escalation tech. So they are just as hard as an AI no matter what.

My main focus is on the PVP aspect. GLA screws up the balance completely when a non-restricted GLA fights a restricted USA or China. Imagine.. You just built your propganda center and your working on saving cash for your Escalation2 upgrade when the warning pops up the enemy has a Scud storm and is attacking you with the Stealth super unit. If it was AI, its all good, but when its another human its not so cool.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  • Projects:V|GO Beta Testing, Remix Alpha Testing, Learning Mapping in Hammer
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:24 AM

Hell. Why not for the time being just remove GLA.
Say "Not yet ready for public release" and suprise us with
the new (Actually good) GLA.
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image
The hand has five fingers. Capable and strong. Able to both create and destroy

#11 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Projects:former Remix 3 Alpha Tester
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:39 AM

im sorry im a bit of a noob, what is a escalation upgrade? :D
Posted Image

Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:34 AM

It's Pends replacement for the Rank restrictions in Contra. Basiclly you have to buy them in order to get more advanced tech!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:52 AM

Yes 3 tech upgrades, first one u upgrade when u get a warfactory.
second u can get after u have built your tech center and the 3rd u get once u got an advance tech building or sw or such.

Ok well i vote for a tech escerlation for gla, the rank takes too long
Posted Image
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#14 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:25 PM

Hell. Why not for the time being just remove GLA.

That was actualy considered, but some people love GLA and they are always fun to play against.

The votes are hopelessly split down the middle on every option. The easiest solution is to just throw on the escalation upgrades. Would take about 2-3 hours to get it setup, and while GLA would be weak in the late game they would atleast be on the same curve as the rest of the factions.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:34 PM

I still think there fine the way they are because late game gla has no chanse vs the new generals almost. But if we must have something then tech escerlation is fine.

Edit: the way the gla is now is fine changing them to have any form os ranking system or escerlation system imo will only change the gla from being strong to weak, as late game even quite early game the gla is weaker than the new sides.

Edited by Phoenix911, 07 September 2006 - 07:38 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:37 PM

I still think there fine the way they are because late game gla has no chanse vs the new generals almost. But if we must have something then tech escerlation is fine.

Edit: the way the gla is now is fine changing them to have any form os ranking system or escerlation system imo will only change the gla from being strong to weak, as late game even quite early game the gla is weaker than the new sides.

Right now they are WAY to strong... Imagine working on your Escalation2 upgrade when a Stealth General Sand King or a Nuke Truck comes rolling into your base.

The AI is fine with GLA, but a PVP round is too much for my taste.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 ex-spetz/1971

ex-spetz/1971
  • New Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:38 PM

It's Pends replacement for the Rank restrictions in Contra. Basiclly you have to buy them in order to get more advanced tech!

o my god this is briljant :) a fresh and new idea

pend did you come up with that your self?

don,t make the mistake to downgrade someone if he is to strong insteed increese the other power so they can compete with the best unit.
alot of developers do that but it,s stupid,

good luk with mod when wil it be ready and steady lol?

lol lol that sniper i was talking about, give it to me baby lol :shiftee:

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:27 PM

o my god this is briljant :p a fresh and new idea
pend did you come up with that your self?

Yes, I thaught of it, but I'm not the first person to think of it. I was just trying to find a more fair wa to handle the tech escalations in Conta because I like the paced gameplay, but not the expierince system.

After I set it up and played with it I realized that it was very similare to Dawn of War, Act of War (game not Mod), and Age of Empires, but it wasn't created to copy those, it was just a way that made sense.

don,t make the mistake to downgrade someone if he is to strong insteed increese the other power so they can compete with the best unit.
alot of developers do that but it,s stupid,

Thats not really the case I'm talking about... I don't plan on nerfing anything GLA, but they do need to be put on the same restriction curve as the other players. Fr example, can you imagine playing Contra with the rank restrictions, but your friend DOESN'T have the rank restrictions... your fighting to get rank3 and a strategy center and he just builds a superweapon right away and hits you with Bertas and MIRV Nukes. In this case, making your friend play with the same rules as you isn't nerfing at all. He still gets the same units and is just as strong as before, but he has to wait just as long as you do to get them. This is the current case with the GLA in remix3. They need to be made to wait before reaching thier late game toys.

Mostly I agree with what you are saying though about powerup the weak ones and avoid nerfing the strong... but there are times when it has to be done. In Contra.04 Nuke general was grossly over powered. I was able to bring the late game play of every Remex3 General up to the same late game standards as Nuke china in Contra.04, but Nuke China was still too strong because he started off stronger AND had a strong late game. The solution was to slowdown how quickly he becomes powerful. His late game is everybit as strong as he was in Contra.04, but he takes as long to get there as the other generals. thus making him equal with minimal nerfing... not none, just minimal.

good luk with mod when wil it be ready and steady lol?

THE QUESTION :) :shiftee: I'm planning on a mid October public release of the USA-China alpha given good conditions.

Edited by Pendaelose, 08 September 2006 - 04:57 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:36 PM

GLA can generate money (via black market) so fast and that will make upgrade become only little drawback. So they should be stricted with ranking system, but they should gain rank faster than it is in Contra.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#20 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:48 PM

GLA can generate money (via black market) so fast and that will make upgrade become only little drawback. So they should be stricted with ranking system, but they should gain rank faster than it is in Contra.

Thats not true even with money it still takes along time to upgrade to next tech level and a good player has the money to upgrade as soon as the upgrade is available anyways, atlest i always do.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users