Photo

GLA in Remix3 China Alpha

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Poll: How should the GLA be TEMPORARLY balanced against the ESCALATION upgrades for China and USA in the Remix3 China Alpha? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Contra Rank Restricitons be used for GLA?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Should the GLA recieve a PARTIAL escalation system for the Alpha?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#21 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:52 PM

GLA can generate money (via black market) so fast and that will make upgrade become only little drawback. So they should be stricted with ranking system, but they should gain rank faster than it is in Contra.

A good point, but only Half truth... The upgrades are outragously expensive so even GLA will have money problems in the late game... besides, the Supply Drops and Internet centers make plenty of cash too.

Arms Dealer = 2000
Escalation 1 = 2000
Palace = 2500
Escalation 2 = 4000
Tech2 Center = 4000 - 7500
Escalation 3 = 8000
Final Super = 8000

A full tech tree costs NO LESS THAN 30,000$ and 10 minutes of build and research time. Most games (when I play) never make it past the tech2 center. Even with 100K cash, by the time you buy your other buildings and combat units the money has run out and the Esclation3 costs too much and takes too long to build... as it should be, the end game units and weapons are very powerful.

btw all,
I still plan to try a version where each general has to gain tech in a different way... Some do research, others build tech buildings, and some need Rank... but I'm not going to start balancing that until I've modded all 12 generals and balanced them for the current system, and then it will still have a trial and error period where it might still be abandoned if mixed Rank/Build/Research doesn't balance out.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#22 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:54 PM

Yeah, the upgrades aren't so expensive anyway, I once suggested that there costs could go with your rank or whatever, but it wasn't possible

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users