World Of Warcraft Mod Ideas

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Theas

Theas
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:52 PM

Hi. I used to mod here a long time ago and now im back but under a different name. I used to be a modeler.
I play WOW regulary and i thought ... hey why not make a mod on it but i have not modded in some time. I have downloaded renx and i am practising modeling and hoping to maybe make a few models. I am not planning to make this mod heck i just wanna see what people think and see how bad my modeling is. I will try and post some images of model but... they will be bad and this is mainly to see if i can still do it. Post what you think of the whole idea overall cause maybe if i still can do it i might want to be part of a team to make it.
Thanks ....

#2 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:51 PM

A WOW mod sounds great im not sure if it is currentley in the making, but it would still be nice to do.

#3 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:55 PM

People mentioned one a few months ago (or was it a few weeks :D ?) and ambershee quickly noted the biggest problem for modders: Copyright. Apperantly Blizzard (I think thats what its called) has a no mods allowed policy, and are more zealous than Nintendo at enforcing it. Sorry, but its the truth. Do a search for "Warcraft" on the BFME II modding forum for more info ;)

EDIT: For those who can't (or wont) be bothered waiting for a search to complete, here are the results: Clicky

EDIT 2: Blizzard, not Square Enix ;)

Edited by Fingulfin, 06 September 2006 - 08:58 PM.

Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#4 Henthu

Henthu
  • New Members
  • 20 posts
  • Projects:WOW mod and donating to doom
  •  modeler and mapper

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:00 PM

A WOW mod sounds great im not sure if it is currentley in the making, but it would still be nice to do.

Yes i know (new acount) I ask for this topic to be deleted as i have gone to much in WOW name. I will make a new topic. Copyright is a problem but i think i can work around it. 1. As long as i do not use any names in possesion of blizzard which are copyrighted names such as paladin etc and human night elf are no copyrighted as they are a fntasy raced and have been used in contest many times. Fantasy mod will be name with info underneath saying Bases on Blizzards World Of Warcraft game
PLEASE DELETE THIS TOPIC!

#5 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:51 PM

Why cant everyone just shut up about the copyright crap? :) and let the guys take a shot at it.
If they get closed down.... then thats that. But if they succeed.... they succeed. :p
Just let them take the shot if they want to.

#6 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  • Projects:Quite a Few
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:09 PM

*winces as he anticipates big lecture from shee and his cult members (fingulfin)*

Dmain | I-Cold | earthWhois
Dmain Now offers .mobi extensions....why? Because we can :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update: EAW Galaxy is almost ready for launch. We're currently in need of forum staff and content writers for the main site. Please PM or Email me ASAP.

BFME Fans if you think you have what it takes, bfmeworld.com would love to be built. I have neither the time, nor the motivation any longer...

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:04 PM

Rhiea here: Actually you can use the term paladin, EVERYTHING in Warcraft is already used in normal fantasies besides Night Elf/Blood Elf/ or anything related to those. Lich, Paladin, and all those common terms can be used in anything really, they can't sue you for using a term that's used 50000 times in every fantasy novel. Though I don't see why they are so protective about mods, it's like DOTA, people basicly buy Warcraft 3 to play DOTA. ~.~

#8 Henthu

Henthu
  • New Members
  • 20 posts
  •  modeler and mapper

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:00 PM

thank you people (THEAS NEW ACOUNT) erm i tired to make a new topic but it didnt work :S up to admins if thye want me to make new and delete this one o just keep this one I want mod to be based on wow but not actually WOW mod cos of copyright crap. Everyone moans about it and i do take advise cos blizzard are a bit..... you get the picture anyway lets wait to see what admin says.... i dont mind :)

#9 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:04 PM

i would like to offer my help with this mod if you still need it!

#10 Henthu

Henthu
  • New Members
  • 20 posts
  •  modeler and mapper

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:10 PM

This mod is not running at the moment. I was wanting to see peoples reactions to it. Normaly i wouldent be an experienced leader becuase of all of info gathering but i know lots about this game. If i get more interest i might decide but i appreciate your offer.
What are you best out of the things you do?

Edited by Henthu, 07 September 2006 - 04:11 PM.

#11 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:13 PM

ini coding and mapping im in the process of skinning atm and tehy are turning out nicely. and i think this would be a great mod to be made.

#12 Henthu

Henthu
  • New Members
  • 20 posts
  •  modeler and mapper

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:24 PM

Who wouldent? :) anyway give it time mate. need interest at it would be quite a big project. Im still wondering if "Horde" and "Alliance" are copyrighted as they can be used in more than one context. Anyway i need to check a few things on webby just to triple check i cant be copyrighting and if i can make some models today i might start looking. I possibaly have a friend who can help me lead. And coding is awsome by the way turb.

#13 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:31 PM

well i hope they arn't copyrighted as i love WoW, what do you need help to lead for? Thanks yeh coding is good.

#14 Henthu

Henthu
  • New Members
  • 20 posts
  •  modeler and mapper

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:39 PM

Well i do sort of need help. Becuase my internet has been dodgy for past 2 months so i need someone to manage things if i cant. And ive modded before but im not experienced as a leader so help to lead in general. My friend may be able to help me lead. And please keep your position open.

#15 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:40 PM

ok cool ,yeh i will keep it open im always on msn if you need to discuss anything.

#16 Henthu

Henthu
  • New Members
  • 20 posts
  •  modeler and mapper

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:43 PM

ok but keep msn addy to pm. Im confused i posted other topic last night but it hasent apeared? can anyone check if its up and my internet us mucking up or not?

#17 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:49 PM

keep msn addy to pm?. Yeh it is working it was called fantasy mod ideas right?

#18 Henthu

Henthu
  • New Members
  • 20 posts
  •  modeler and mapper

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:53 PM

ok... thats odd admin can delete which ever just if they can notify me first. And i mean pm me your addy dont say it in chat just incase you were going to.

#19 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:57 PM

hmm validate your email so i can pm you :)

#20 Henthu

Henthu
  • New Members
  • 20 posts
  •  modeler and mapper

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:02 PM

Cant atm im having problems with all my microsoft aplications. I will be able to sort it very soon hopefully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users