• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LtAttack

LtAttack
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:55 PM

hey there is a little problem my friend has first decade and he istalled
project raptor 7.0 and it messed up his game and he cant get it out we try repairing and unstalling the whole game plz help me so i can help my friend
ty for ur time if u post

#2 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:03 PM

The First Decade has the files moved around, PR was made for people without TFD. You'll have to buy it on a regular, no TFD disc to work it.
00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#3 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:46 PM

hey there is a little problem my friend has first decade and he installed
project raptor 7.0 and it messed up his game and he cant get it out we try repairing and unstalling the whole game plz help me so i can help my friend
ty for ur time if u post

To get your TFD working again, try uninstalling everything. PR, and TFD.

After that has been completed, then you will need to go to the following folders (using windows explorer or similar program) and delete any remaining files and folders (if any) from the following folders:

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command and Conquer Generals

... and clean out any remaining files or folders in the directory that TFD is located in. I don't have it, so I don't know where TFD actually installs to.

After that reinstall TFD and any TFD patches (if they exist). Then you should be back to normal.

00 Nobody appears to be right. PR 7.0 may not work with TFD because TFD installs differently than the original Generals/Zero Hour that sold separately. PR 7.0 does work however, with the regular original Generals/Zero hour game that was sold separately prior to TFD ever being released. This problem is being looked into by the mods creator, but for now if you own C&C The First Decade (TFD), don't download the PR mod until possibly PR 8.0 comes out.

Another possible option for TFD users to play the Project Raptor 7.0 mod is to download a mod-switching program called Mod-Toaster. I have heard very recently that ModToaster will work with TFD, but I can't confirm this to be true or not. I suggest logging on to their forum site to confirm whether or not this is accurate info.

Stay tuned for further updates on this problem.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#4 LtAttack

LtAttack
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:50 PM

well he doint know how to unstall pr and i have my unstal lthing difrent then his so i dont know well i tel lhim to do that ty

#5 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:13 PM

Just go into the control panel and open up Add or Remove Programs, search the list and find Project Raptor 7.0, and click Change/Remove.
00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#6 xjjohnno

xjjohnno
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:41 PM

Or install it via Modtoaster obtainable from http://www.isotx.com/ which has been built to work with TFD.
Excuse the shameless Modtoaster plug but it does the job nicely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users