#101 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:42 PM

Can anyone tell me what the Witch-King's powers on RotWK are and do? Also, how do these powers sound for my Black Rider and Khamul?:

Black Rider ~ 2200

Rank 1:
Mount Horse

Rank 2:
The Black Breath ~ Renamed Dread Visage. Passive and not on the Palantir.

Rank 3:
Screech ~ Same

Rank 6:
Mount Fell Beast ~ Mounts a Fell Beast

Rank 7:
Into The Void ~ Turns invisible and gains +200 Speed and +100% Damage, and is invulnerable to attack for 70 Seconds

Khamul ~ 3000

Rank 1:
Mount Horse

Rank 2:
The Black Breath ~ Renamed Dread Visage. Passive and not on the Palantir.

Rank 3:
Screech ~ Same

Rank 5:
Necromancer Sorcery ~ Continuously revives 5 dead units per battalion for 30 seconds.

Rank 6:
Mount Fell Beast ~ Mounts a Fell Beast

Rank 8:
Sands of Rhun ~ Summons a sandy whirlwind. Enemies in the whirlwind lose 80% Speed, 50% Range and 40% Vision. Slight damage over time.

Rank 10:
Shadow of the East ~ A dark cloud blows out of Khamul, doing large amounts of damage in a large radius.

Rank 10: (Mounted on Fell Beast)
Shadow of the East ~ A dark beam of light that deals major damage.

#102 punisher60k

punisher60k
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:43 PM

scrap the 70 second invunerability and invisability as fortresses are definately going to get an ass wooping and the defender can't do anything!!!!!!! Perhaps make it for a shorter time or just dramatiaclly reduce his damage vs structures, whilst in that form.

#103 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:00 PM

Yeah 70 seconds of being completely immune is insanely overpowered.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#104 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:49 PM

*Bump*

I've been following robnkarla's tutorial for making Thorin III from CAH Sage, but I've run into a problem. I've done everything on the tutorial, but whatever subobjects I chose, it's always the same. And, he's holding all of the axes at once :\ (They're kind of layered on top of each other.) The helmet remains the same and the armour etc does too.

Can anyone help me?

Anywho, how do these Thorin powers sound?

Thorin ~ 2500 Resources

Rank 1:
Spear Throw ~ (I wanted Thorin to have a sword but couldn't. To make him different from any other dwarf, I gave him a spear throw)

Rank 3:
Prince of Erebor ~ Nearby allies gain +10% Speed, +50% Damage and +50% Combat Experience

Rank 5:
Stonehelm ~ +150% Armour and +25% Damage for 30 seconds

Rank 8:
Barricade ~ +250% Armour and +50% Damage, -80% to nearby allies for 20 seconds

Thorin is a tank. He is hell to take down. He can take you down from a long range, buff himself with more armour and damage, and buff surrounding allies to become tanks themselves. VERY useful hero.

Dwarven Heroes for my own personal Mod:

Dain Ironfoot - Abilities changed
Thorin Stonehelm - Abilities above
Gimli - Abilities added
Gloin - Abilities changed
Dwalin - New abilities

Dale Add-On Faction:
King Brand - Abilities changed
Bard II - New abilities

How does that sound?

Has anyone figured out how to give Class-specific weapons to other classes? I want to give the Firebrand sword to the Wizard class. But, when I chose it on CAH, there is no weapon in his hand... I added it to the .inc file that has the class weapons in order of the upgrades.

I'll upload my files when I get home. At my nan's at the minute.

#105 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:29 PM

Hi Azreal,

If you have any questions on the tutorial, feel free to PM and I can help you. I'm completely open to PMs with questions. Once the problems are sorted out I can reply in the topic to help anyone else out with the same problems or I modify my articles with appropriate changes/notes. I don't mind PMs. You can just attach the ini's and I'll look through them. I do not have time to join a team, but I'll help out as many as I can.

As for the problem that you are stating - try listing a hidesubobect similar to the showsubobjects that you are using. Just list one hidesubobject for each of the subobjects you don't want to use. Sometimes this is needed, but other times the object will work just fine without this part. If this does not work, PM and I can work through it.

To add one of the weapons of one class to another I'm pretty sure you will have to do this with modeling by adding another sub-object to the w3d file. The models for the CAH probably some of the most complicated so I'm not sure how feasible this would be. I do not believe this is possible with just .ini coding.

As for the powers - one thing to keep in mind - 100% armor attribute modifier is very similar to invulnerable. Also, there is a 75% armor cap in the game.dat file if this still works
  AttributeModifierArmorMaxBonus 	= 75%

You might need to change this to make it work. A question for anyone - does this affect glorious charge? Is the armor bonus just 75% because of this?

Your heroes sound good. :unsure: A lot like mine - the only difference is I used a new dwarf Borin compared to Dwalin, which I considered for some time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users