• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:32 PM

uhm, how many lothlorien elves did you see with brown hair?

and i didnt touch the tower guard skin, blame EA not me

Edited by SDK Kwen, 20 September 2006 - 11:33 PM.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#22 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:37 PM

Generally, only elves with royal blood would have blonde hair. I believe there was only 2 known elves in Middle-Earth with blonde hair. But as you seem to be basing it on the films you can disregard that comment :blink:

I commented on the tower guard shield because it seemed like you improved the quality of the main skin while leaving the shield untouched. If that isn't the case then you can disregard that comment aswell :grin:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#23 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:45 PM

lol, i can make some brown hair, okay?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#24 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts
  • Projects:Galaxy at War, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:01 AM

You added Elrond a cloak. I dont know whether or not he had one in the movies, but I'm curious as to how you dealt with the animation problems with the cloak.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:38 AM

Haldir anims

And i see cape!

#26 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:50 AM

Glad you gave Elrond a cloak. And i'm also glad to see that the Haldir anims look good on him. Good work
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Gangsta' Hobbits

Gangsta' Hobbits
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:53 AM

Pretty!

BTW are those models in ur sig based on M:TW2?

#28 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:53 AM

of course they look good on him, its the same anims only with a cape :)

#29 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:56 AM

Really? Then thats really useful. Many, many people have been trying to add cloaks to elves, and without sucess, but if this is true then that is really good news.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:57 AM

its cool that i am FINALLY getting some appreciation, my last 6 mods nobody every gave a shit :) i feel proud of myself... still i wish i had a bit of help :| but meh, i'm getting along fine

#31 Gangsta' Hobbits

Gangsta' Hobbits
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:58 AM

You think that lil' cape could work vertically? Like if someone is flying???

Edited by Gangsta' Hobbits, 21 September 2006 - 01:59 AM.

#32 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:04 AM

huh?

and i got bored the other day so i made an underworld selene model and skin, face sucks but, its still pretty cool

#33 morgoth946

morgoth946

title available

• Hosted
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:33 PM

we haven't stopped, just deleted the ages stuff.
So no copyright now :) It's your.
Anyway Joe, the ages stuff was our idea. ;)
Nice work btw, though some skins need more detail.
The Four Ages, the new english Website:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:04 PM

hmmm it didnt show up, meh here it is again

#35 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance

Posted 22 September 2006 - 01:55 AM

Generally, only elves with royal blood would have blonde hair. I believe there was only 2 known elves in Middle-Earth with blonde hair.

Galadriel, Thranduil, Glorfindel, Finrod Felagund, Angrod, Aegnor. Other possibile blonde-haired Elves by bloodline are Orodreth, Celebrian, Gil-Galad (quite sure he was described as dark haired though), Amdir, Amroth, Oropher, and Legolas.

But as you seem to be basing it on the films you can disregard that comment ^_^

There were plenty of non-blonde Lothlorien elves in the movies: it's just our first impression (being Haldir and his brothers, all blonde in the movies) that makes us think so.

Aaaanywho, nice job on that Selene model... Though why you put it in this thread rather than your Skins/Models thread is beyond me :p .

Edited by Celeglin, 22 September 2006 - 01:57 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:26 PM

yeah well nobody cares much about my models thread

#37 Juan

Juan
  • Project Team
  • 108 posts
  • Projects:The Four Ages | Reign Of Darkness
  •  Wannabe Concept Artist

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:45 PM

Just a question. Why would Sauron be weaker in the first age than in the second age? If anything, he would be stronger under the influence of Morgoth... And why do you have Gil-Galad as a first age hero instead of giants like Fingon, Maedhros, Fingolfin, Turgon... I could go on all day to name heroes better suited than Gil-Galad :p

Anyways, I hope you succeed with the Ages system. We at T4A abandonded it because of various reasons, like the fact that everyone were stronger in the first age, so noone would want to upgrade to the next age... I mean, who gives up Turin for Isildur or Maedhros for Elrond? Another reason is that it would take a huge amount of work and ideas to come up with original, balanced and working factions that would last through the ages... Well, with that said, good luck :lol:

On a sidenote... I believe there were far more than two blone elves in Middle-Earth. The ones Celeglin mentioned are the ones named, but there must have been many others, undoubtedly. As seen many of the Noldor took Vanyar spouses (Turgon, Finwë, Finrod for examples) and some children from those unions were blonde (even though it doesn't work that way biologically), no doubt.

Edited by Juan, 22 September 2006 - 10:50 PM.

"When anger breaks through, I'll leave mercy behind!"

Posted Image

#38 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 22 September 2006 - 11:11 PM

I mean, who gives up Turin for Isildur or Maedhros for Elrond?

I would.... cause I don't know shit about the events in the first two ages :p or, maybe 1% :lol:

I like the Movies way best.... and the LotR book, but haven't read any others though (well, The Hobbit though, but does that count very much? :) ) And I've always wanted to read the Sim, but I didn't know where to get it :)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#39 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 22 September 2006 - 11:14 PM

well i dont want ot make too many powerful heroes for elves, seeing as they already have a ton, and my mods not supposed to be historicly acurate, its more the playing feel of it, its based like the age of empires series, the first age is weak, like only 1 unit type, second is stronger, and third stronger yet.

And i dont know why i'd make sauron weaker in first age, i just wasnt thingking right i guess :lol:

#40 Joe

Joe

title available

• Project Team
  • 886 posts
  • Projects:Real Life

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:42 AM

we haven't stopped, just deleted the ages stuff.
So no copyright now ;) It's your.
Anyway Joe, the ages stuff was our idea. ;)
Nice work btw, though some skins need more detail.

Yeah now i have bfme2 working i see a few mods are doing it

I mean, who gives up Turin for Isildur or Maedhros for Elrond?

I would.... cause I don't know shit about the events in the first two ages :p or, maybe 1% :p

I like the Movies way best.... and the LotR book, but haven't read any others though (well, The Hobbit though, but does that count very much? :p ) And I've always wanted to read the Sim, but I didn't know where to get it :p

try amazon, its always good for stuff like that, or go to a local book shop, im sure they would get one in for you.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users