Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:51 AM

Campaign Update #3 - 14/09/06

This update features the campaign mission Mirkwood, though it could probably be renamed Dol Guldur with all the changes I've made.

Mirkwood

- Castle base in the south west has been removed. Elven "shrine" takes it place.
- As the player moves east from their starting point (a message at the beginning of the mission will tell the player that Thranduil is in the east), he/she will be assaulted by giant spiders. Depending on how quickly the player moves, they may also be attacked by part of the Mordor starting army. The spiders will attack anything, including the Mordor forces.
- As the player moves further east, they will probably see the rest of the Mordor starting army attacking some trees (Elven Flets, to be exact).
- When the player is in sight of the Mirkwood Scout, Thranduil (level 10) and six battalions of level 5 Mirkwood Scouts will join them. The Flets (if any remain) will also be transfered over to the player. At about this same time, a whole wack of spiders will begin attacking the Elves. These spiders, like the first group, will also attack anything.
- When the player moves south from the Elves' camp and approaches the Mordor base outside of Dol Guldur, the map in that area will be revealed, and the "host of Dol Guldur" will come in and attack. The host includes lots of orcs and orc archers, many trolls, a fair amount of Easterlings, and two Nazgul. All these units have some upgrades.
- If the player gets very close to the base, a very, very large amount of spiders will come out of the trees all around the base. Some will attack anything, but most will only attack the player.
- After some time, a Lothlorien army will arrive just west of Dol Guldur. This army includes Galadriel (level 10), Celeborn (level 10), Celeglin (level 8), and 10 battalions of level 6 Galadhrim Warriors (all with Fire Arrow and Heavy Armor upgrades). They will arrive under the cover of the "Blessings of the Golden Wood" special power.
- Shortly after Lorien arrives, a wave of orcs, orc archers, and spiders will arrive and attack them.
- A little while after that, a second wave will come again from Dol Guldur, much like the first wave (only without the Nazgul).
- To win the mission, you must destroy both the Mordor base and Dol Guldur itself. Only Galadriel, using her "Throw Down Its Walls" ability can destroy Dol Guldur.
- If Galadriel dies, you lose the mission.
- No Elven units (minus those that were already in the player's army (Haldir, Legolas, Helm's Deep Elves)) will join the players army after the mission is complete.
- Music scripted to certain events: Elven theme when you enter the south west "shrine"; Elven Alliance theme when the siege of Dol Guldur begins; Charge of the Galadhrim theme when the hosts of Celeborn arrive.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Can I make a suggestion? Get to Thranduil as quickly as you can. Captions, as always, are on the Screens page.

As a final note, Galadriel has finally been reworked to actually look like the film's Galadriel. Hope you all like her now!

Posted Image

Edited by Celeglin, 15 September 2006 - 03:00 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 05:29 AM

very sexy stuff there cel. it good to hear from u again.

p.s. how many more times are u going to redo Galadriel :)
Posted Image

#3 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:34 AM

Very nice update Cel. Just one question though: what is Galadriel's 'Throw Down its Walls' ability and where does it appear on the Palantir?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#4 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:00 PM

I bet this is that blue wave on last screenshot.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 BooN

BooN
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:02 PM

very very very nice update cel.

#6 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Projects:*Trinity Wars*
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:24 PM

looks like a sweet campain :) GJ :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#7 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:39 PM

p.s. how many more times are u going to redo Galadriel :)

lol, this is only the first time I've "redone" her :popcorn: .

Just one question though: what is Galadriel's 'Throw Down its Walls' ability and where does it appear on the Palantir?

Hmm... Let me think... Her palantir buttons go: Nenya, Leadership, Visions, Throw Down Its Walls, Light of the Valar, and Power of the Lady. If you want an example of what the ability looks like, you can see it in the last part of the trailer (she's taking down an Isengard citadel). I'm trying to make it so the button flashes when you select Galadriel, but because she is "spawned" onto the map, it doesn't quite work yet.

Don't worry about the player not knowing what to do with the mission if they didn't read the description above. I've placed scripted messages into the mission itself so the player has an idea of what to do next. One says: "Galadriel must survive to break the walls of Dol Guldur". Hopefully that points out that A) You lose if Galadriel dies, and B) Using her Throw Down Its Walls ability is a good idea.

I bet this is that blue wave on last screenshot.

Nope, that's her Power of the Lady ability. I just like how that one looks, so I took a screeny of it :aarambo: .

Edited by Celeglin, 15 September 2006 - 01:42 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2006 - 05:35 PM

Galadriel looks much better, she was one of only a few critisisms of your mod (the other being lack of evil heroes and the elven green armour, but you have good reasons for those so I cant really complain, but if you cant count the bad things on one hand it must be good :) )
Also, in the screens, it shows a walled off evil section, is that meant to be Dol Guldor, or just part of it, or something else.

#9 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:53 PM

Also, in the screens, it shows a walled off evil section, is that meant to be Dol Guldor, or just part of it, or something else.

Yes that's Dol Guldur, though you can't actually enter the area (though the spiders seem to have no problem getting in and out for some odd reason).

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 morgoth946

morgoth946

title available

• Hosted
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:49 PM

Awesome! :thumbsup: :)

I know that it's a lot of work, but it would be very nice if dol guldur had a new model. Not very important though.
The Four Ages, the new english Website:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:18 AM

p.s. how many more times are u going to redo Galadriel ^_^

lol, this is only the first time I've "redone" her :p .
Nope, that's her Power of the Lady ability. I just like how that one looks, so I took a screeny of it :p .

:blink:
fine maybe this is the first time redoing her but u have changed arwen many, many, many times before :p
Posted Image

#12 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:24 AM

I know that it's a lot of work, but it would be very nice if dol guldur had a new model. Not very important though.

Yeah, it would be nice. And yeah, it would be a lot of work. I'm fine with using this left over EA model.

fine maybe this is the first time redoing her but u have changed arwen many, many, many times before :blink:

Not changed, just made more of ^_^ . And Galadriel didn't have nearly as many outfits as Arwen in the films, so I doubt I'll make anymore variations for her... Unless...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Boy_suicide

Boy_suicide
  • Members
  • 226 posts
  • Projects:Projects of some kind.
  •  Blue Text! YAY!

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:19 AM

That's some great stuff. :blink:
For the initial release, will you have to do the evil campaign as well or no?

#14 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:07 AM

For the initial release, will you have to do the evil campaign as well or no?

Nope. If anything, I'll add Ugluk and Gothmog in so they can go through the campaign; but if it ends up being more work than placing them in a map and adding a line of code, I won't bother.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:10 AM

Fair enough. I think editing the whole good campaign is far enough. Can't wait for that... :blink:

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#16 Guest_Cobra_*

Guest_Cobra_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:19 AM

Wow, your addinga campaign? Awesome, i cant wait :blink:

#17 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:27 AM

Celeglin, I believe you can add new heroes to the campaign through coding alone.

Before Sulherokhh joined the Elvenstar Mod team, he made a mini-mod which allowed the new evil heroes to be used in the campaign. It contained only one file (mordorcampaign.ini). Hopefully that'll be helpful for you :blink:

Anyway, it's all looking top notch as always. Really looking forward to playing this campaign
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#18 Guest_Cobra_*

Guest_Cobra_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 01:36 PM

I beilive it is dependant on whether or not you actually want to start the mission with the hero or to build it during the mission.

#19 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:54 PM

Celeglin, I believe you can add new heroes to the campaign through coding alone.

Before Sulherokhh joined the Elvenstar Mod team, he made a mini-mod which allowed the new evil heroes to be used in the campaign. It contained only one file (mordorcampaign.ini). Hopefully that'll be helpful for you :blink:

Very good to hear. I was afraid the mordorcampaign was set up differently (army setup-wise) from the gondorcampaign. Thanks!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:48 AM

Curse u for proving me wrong. why can i never win an argument against u :lol:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users