Photo

Remix3: Loading Screen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Remix3 Loading screens... (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is better?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 15 September 2006 - 05:53 PM

Drake has requested an opinion poll to challenge my loading screen for the belt!

Be sure to post useful comentary if you see something specific worth noting.

Also remember, minor details, like brightness or contrast are easy to change and should not effect the vote. Vote for the style you like and make a comment about little things that need improving.

Edited by Pendaelose, 15 September 2006 - 07:27 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 GSE_Devastation

GSE_Devastation
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:35 PM

Well, how 2 tell? :)
I Really don't like them both,
for some reason they don't expres Remix 3 :)

#3 Striker26

Striker26
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:46 PM

2 one

1st one is hard to see
and i dont think it shows the power of this mod
try to put more units in

#4 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  • Projects:V|GO Beta Testing, Remix Alpha Testing, Learning Mapping in Hammer
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:05 PM

2nd one.
But different font.
and the tank in the background is kinda... lame.
(also that little "join us on himachi" thing should go)
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image
The hand has five fingers. Capable and strong. Able to both create and destroy

#5 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:21 PM

second looks better

#6 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:28 PM

1st one is too dark
2nd one is dark on the right side where the text is.

This is for the loading screen right?
I think the loading screen should not be biased towords Just US, it should invold atlest 1 of each faction ie: china, US and gla.
Or make it neutral, or if it is possable make 1 for the us one china and 1 gla and randomize the loading screen between them if it is possable.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:49 PM

or if it is possable make 1 for the us one china and 1 gla and randomize the loading screen between them if it is possable.

That's possible, but just barely. It would invlove adding 5 more files into the install and writing a batchfile to randomly swap them before loading each time... not worth the trouble.

Also, I've invited before, I'm doing to again, anyone who wants to make one please give it a shot and send it in.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#8 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:58 PM

I would make one and send it in but i totly crap with photo shop and not very good at art, and imo a screenshot would simply not do this mod the justis it needs besides wtf could u put in a screenshot to make it look cool and sweet :)
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#9 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:14 PM

Ok, we'll see what comes out of this poll, and I think bot hmine and Pend's need some changing.
I think it's more about the General Style. Like I got a metal like background, compared to Pend's pure black one, vote which style fits more for you.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:22 PM

I would make one and send it in but i totly crap with photo shop and not very good at art, and imo a screenshot would simply not do this mod the justis it needs besides wtf could u put in a screenshot to make it look cool and sweet :)

That is exactly the challenge that I'm up against. My position on it: I'm not happy with the picture/screenshot portion of either background. While Drake had a very cool design, and I think it turned out pretty cool, its not the greatest, just because its screenshot oriented. But because I'm no Leonardo I'm not going to create one from scratch. I could maby do a decent hand sketch at best, but I don't think it would fit.

I DO like the fading to black on the left side, the helpful white Hamachi info, and the flaming logo... which is btw the offical Remix logo sense Remix2.0... Its always been burny letters in plane text and always will be.

Things I would change in retrospect, the fade should be more faster to preserve the brightness of the picture and the folcal point of the picture (tank and plane) should be much larger (zoomed in more) and shifted close to the right edge so that the plane is brighter and the picure easier to focus on. Also, the contrast should be raised slightly. to improve the fade-vs-screenshot ratio. I'm going to do these changes and get a second opinion.

Drakes is good... and the votes are split 3/3.... but I can't stand the "paint roller" effect and the busy background. thats not a personal thing against Drake, its just a taste prefrence.. I prefer a calmer style. It might be a generation thing... I'm 10 years older than half the guys on Revora. The large logo text in drakes pic is good... even if I prefer the style and font in mine. Again a taste thing... but the size is good... so I'll likely also make my text considerably larger.

A second note: the black edge was originaly included so I could add valuable text to the screen, such as the Hamachi info or a website links.... its functional, not decorative.

EDIT:

If you want to help, but don't feel like much of an artist, you can still send the coolest screenshots you can find! A cooler screenie could be the thing to make a better intro. Drake and/or I could definatly use good material to work with.

Edited by Pendaelose, 15 September 2006 - 09:25 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:41 PM

R SUGGESTIONS ALLOWED?
how about dividing the pic into 3 sections
first section
Chinese mobile super weapon
Second
GLA mobile super weapon
Third
US mobile super weapon

#12 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:47 PM

R SUGGESTIONS ALLOWED?
how about dividing the pic into 3 sections
first section
Chinese mobile super weapon
Second
GLA mobile super weapon
Third
US mobile super weapon

suggestions are VERY ALLOWED.

I didn't really care for a split screen stlye... Drake had made one of those too...it was good... it was about the same quality as this one he made (Drake, you should post it here for comparison) but the style never did it for me. The same issues for me, too busy in the background... I like the smooth clean calm pictures.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  • Projects:V|GO Beta Testing, Remix Alpha Testing, Learning Mapping in Hammer
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 16 September 2006 - 01:46 AM

Why not Just a Mirv nuke or a Flight of Raptors and Then Remix.
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image
The hand has five fingers. Capable and strong. Able to both create and destroy

#14 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:21 AM

Well, the interface is a work always in production... Here's the look as of tonight.

First, I made the changes I said I'd play around with....

I also finaly have the menu changed over to Remix3 now.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:51 AM

Ok, I'll look for the first loading screen I've ever made for remix, but for now I can't do anything anymore, cause I got to format my comp :( What do you guys think if me and Pend do a loading screen together
here we go

Edited by Capt.Drake, 16 September 2006 - 05:56 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 wolfshadow

wolfshadow

title available

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:54 AM

I like both, but I like the text on Pend's better...

#17 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:01 AM

I can change virtually every single thing on my picture, for example I could make the background much greyer and so on even adding bulletholes would be possible.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:41 AM

What do you guys think if me and Pend do a loading screen together

I'm failry specific as far as how I like the style of the load screen... but the picture used for the blend over I just want to look good. If you can get a pimp daddy pic by screenie or edit and send it to me as a JPG I'll be glad to use it in setting up the final version of the load screen.

You make the pic, I'll setup the positioning, text, fade-over, logo etc. Its a good joint venture that way and I still get the parts for the mod that I'm picky about.

And like I've said before, anyone is welcome to send me a bad-ass pic. If I get a few good ones I can setup the cross fade for extra pics in seconds after the first is prepared... and dropping in the logo is just a cut/paste. Once I have a list I'll do another poll with all the best pics. They'll already be styled the way I'm after, it;ll just be a matter of what pic is best for loading.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 GSE_Devastation

GSE_Devastation
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:50 AM

Wow i like that back ground ^_^
and i also likes drakes loading screen :blink:

#20 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts