• 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:26 PM

Want to make a suggestion? Just figured the one thing that our mod should include? Let us know...

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#2 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:20 PM

Ok here are my ideas. Feel free to use any that you like the sound of :grin:

Rohan

Heroes: Erkenbrand. He could be the strong infantry hero that they so badly need, now that they've lost Aragorn and Gimli. One of his powers could be a horn ability.

Upgrades: Disciplined Horses. I've noticed several things in the INI files regarding cavalry "dieing". It seems it'd be possible to make it so that there is a chance the horse could survive, then go back to the nearest stables to pick up another rider. It would be unique and goes well with the fact they're supposed to be horsemasters.

Minifaction: Lothlorien

Upgrades: Bows of the Galadhrim. Allows elven archer units to equip this upgrade, which increases their attack range by a good amount (10-20% I'd say, depending on their current attack range).

Mini-Subfaction: Ents

Heroes: Quickbeam. He'd be the opposite to what ents normally are. He'd be very quick (slightly slower than cavalry?), but have less armour/health than other ents.

Upgrades: Ent Draughts. Adds a passive healing effect to the entmoot. Heals ents and heroes (maybe only hobbits) quite quickly.

-----------------------------------------------

Gondor

Units: Knights Of Dol Amroth. Strongest cavalry in the game. Very high stats, although noticeably slower than most cavalry due to heavy armour.

Heroes: Imrahil. To go with his knights :).

Mini-Subfaction: Ithilien Rangers

Heroes: Faramir should be moved here IMO. Imrahil or Beregond could take his place as the Gondor hero.

Isengard

Heroes: Wormtongue. The "hobbit" of Isengard. Maybe cost a bit more than them, and have better abilities though.

Minifaction: Dunland

Units: Maybe a light cavalry that have good damage against structures?

Heroes: Some Dunlending chieftain that gives leadership only to Dunland warriors. Will try to find a name for him.

Upgrades: Looted Armour. An armour upgrade that is only available to the Dunlendings

Mordor

Upgrades: Olog Hai. An upgrade that once purchased gives large boosts to all trolls, without needing to individually upgrade them. Would obviously be quite expensive.

Minifaction: Harad

Units: Black Serpent Cavalry. A fairly strong cavalry unit, although they should need to outnumber enemy cavalry in order to defeat them. They also need Mumakil (I guess it was just a mistake not including them :p).

Heroes: They need the chieftain who tried to kill Theoden, although I can't think of a name for him. He should be good alongside the black serpent cavalry, but very weak on his own.

Upgrades: Great houses (probably needs better name). Adds the "houses" onto the backs of the Mumaks, thus allowing them to be garrisoned. Before this upgrade is purchased the mumaks are basically just normal elephants :grin:.

Mini-Subfaction: Minas Morgul

Upgrades: Dread of the Nazgul. All Morgul buildings cause fear to nearby enemies. Not sure if it's possible to code, but would be cool and unique.

Ok that's enough for now. Hope you like my ideas :grin:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#3 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:38 PM

Woah... you seem to have too much spare time. No, honestly this is very appreciated.

Heroes: Erkenbrand. He could be the strong infantry hero that they so badly need, now that they've lost Aragorn and Gimli. One of his powers could be a horn ability.

We thought about that. Especially about the horn since there was a good button for it. Though we already have more than enough heroes and I hate it when it lists them up on the right side (which happens as soon as you get the tenth hero). But we will discuss it again.

Disciplined Horses. I've noticed several things in the INI files regarding cavalry "dieing". It seems it'd be possible to make it so that there is a chance the horse could survive, then go back to the nearest stables to pick up another rider. It would be unique and goes well with the fact they're supposed to be horsemasters.

Psssssst, you're not the only one who has discovered this code :grin:

Upgrades: Bows of the Galadhrim. Allows elven archer units to equip this upgrade, which increases their attack range by a good amount (10-20% I'd say, depending on their current attack range).

We were quite sure to include something like that, but because we might totally redesign the way how the elven units work, we can't tell yet.

Heroes: Quickbeam. He'd be the opposite to what ents normally are. He'd be very quick (slightly slower than cavalry?), but have less armour/health than other ents.

Good idea, let's see what Nightmare says about modelling and binding an ent :p

Upgrades: Ent Draughts. Adds a passive healing effect to the entmoot. Heals ents and heroes (maybe only hobbits) quite quickly.

Great idea.

nits: Knights Of Dol Amroth. Strongest cavalry in the game. Very high stats, although noticeably slower than most cavalry due to heavy armour.
Heroes: Imrahil. To go with his knights tongue.gif.

We thought about making Dol Amroth another mini-subfaction for Gondor, so they would be placed there.

Heroes: Faramir should be moved here IMO. Imrahil or Beregond could take his place as the Gondor hero.

That's right, Faramir should be moved... this needs further discussion.

Heroes: Wormtongue. The "hobbit" of Isengard. Maybe cost a bit more than them, and have better abilities though.

Another very good idea. This one will most likely be included.

As for Dunland, we still need to think of something special, so we'll return to this later.

Upgrades: Olog Hai. An upgrade that once purchased gives large boosts to all trolls, without needing to individually upgrade them. Would obviously be quite expensive.

Not sure if this wouldn't make it a bit imbalanced. Since you actually only have a good chance to kill trolls when you have some distance and use archers or such.

Harad is the same as Dunland, we just didn't mess with them enough to make more decisions, but your ideas will be considered again when the time is right.

Upgrades: Dread of the Nazgul. All Morgul buildings cause fear to nearby enemies. Not sure if it's possible to code, but would be cool and unique.

Will be done but we only have one building, so it will most likely also decrease damage or armor.

Ok that's enough for now. Hope you like my ideas :)

They were just great! Thanks a lot.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#4 N19HtmAr3

N19HtmAr3

title available

• Project Team
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:Kicking ass...
  •  "who's that guy, anyways?"

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:06 PM

Dito... Much appreciated... :)

Keep it coming :p

#5 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:46 PM

Well I'm glad you like my ideas. Any area you particularily need ideas for?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#6 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:41 PM

Yeah, I need an idea on how to get myself and my team working harder :p

No, atm, we're just fine with our ideas and all the ideas you gave us. :p

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#7 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:19 PM

I have an idea involving cavalry (well only horses). When upgraded with heavy armour, the horse should also wear heavy armour. It would be purely cosmetic, but would give it a nice touch IMO, and one that not too many mods add
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:42 PM

Great idea!

Nighty, get skinning! :)

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#9 N19HtmAr3

N19HtmAr3

title available

• Project Team
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:Kicking ass...
  •  "who's that guy, anyways?"

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:11 PM

Yeah, but, uhm... Isn't that already there?!? For Rohan at least... :)

#10 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:29 PM

Not really. Or the changes aren't visible enough for me to see it... which is the same as no changes. :)

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#11 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:51 PM

Well the coding is there, but I've personally never noticed any change to the horses appearance. Maybe I just get distracted by the golden rider sitting on top of it :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:49 PM

I played and gave special attention... it does change... quite nice actually, but it's very hard to see.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#13 Guest_pf7612_*

Guest_pf7612_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:07 PM

First of all, these are great ideas(I've had similar ones on other sites) but I have a few more.
1. Variety. Like, the rohirrim shouldn't all have spears they should have an assortment like swords and axes thrown in, to make it more realistic.
2. Survivors. With cavalry, there should be a 1 in 10 chance that when the cavalrymen is killed, he survives, and the horse dies. The man becomes a foot soldier and can get another horse at the stable, or continue on foot. Don't know if it's possible, but it would be cool.
3. Knights of Dol Amroth can mount/dismount. Sword and shield on foot and lance and shield on horse.

Other than that, sounds great so far, keep up the good work :p !

#14 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:10 PM

1. Variety. Like, the rohirrim shouldn't all have spears they should have an assortment like swords and axes thrown in, to make it more realistic.

Already done, some have swords, some have axes and some are the original ones, with spears.

2. Survivors. With cavalry, there should be a 1 in 10 chance that when the cavalrymen is killed, he survives, and the horse dies. The man becomes a foot soldier and can get another horse at the stable, or continue on foot. Don't know if it's possible, but it would be cool.

We'll do it the other way round. Some horses will survive, and you can refill them with riders at the stables.

3. Knights of Dol Amroth can mount/dismount. Sword and shield on foot and lance and shield on horse.

Believe me, this is really hard. I've been trying to do that for a while, without success. Maybe I will try again though.

Thanks for all your ideas.

Edited by Dark Lord of the Sith, 23 September 2006 - 05:11 PM.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#15 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:12 PM

Well as the Knights Of Dol Amroth are elite, why not make them single units? That way they'd be like mini-heroes, and would be able to mount/dismount
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:09 AM

Ya... You can't dismount Hordes (really Screws things up. REALLY), but making them single units woud be an interesting addition :grin:
Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#17 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:45 AM

Been a long time since I posted ideas here, but I've been thinking about banner carriers. IMO, they should get a much improved armour, and also be effected by upgrades that the horde receives. I'd also like it if you could trigger a demoralizing effect for when banner carriers are killed (obviously without their buffs that would be annoying though), as units would tend to get disheartened by their banners lying on the ground.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 gandalf the unwise

gandalf the unwise
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:03 PM

ok iv got abig long list of ideas

rohan:
the royal gaurd the scale mail might need just a bite of remodeling the helmets great if you look at the elven aliance armour of the royal gaurd you might get some ideas

and make some royal gaurd cavelry for the stables that could be the strongest horse in rohan
and maby some rohan infantry woth spaers like elven alliance

gondor all perfect

izangaurd

urk scouts
some urk shileds to

mordor spme orc pike men
moran orcs and some orc scouts to

ok i hop that thos gives you some ideas

and i have attached some royal gaurd pictures to

Attached Thumbnails

• rohan6.jpg

Attached Images

• rohan6_t.jpg

Edited by gandalf the unwise, 17 December 2006 - 11:06 PM.

#19 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:20 PM

First off, thanks for all the input, although the forum's been rather dead, we're working hard behind the curtains :umad:

the royal gaurd the scale mail might need just a bite of remodeling the helmets great if you look at the elven aliance armour of the royal gaurd you might get some ideas

I know, Cel's are absolutely top. We've planned a redesign anyway, so it might come sooner or later.

and make some royal gaurd cavelry for the stables that could be the strongest horse in rohan

Planned, but they still have the same skin as the ones on foot atm.

and maby some rohan infantry woth spaers like elven alliance

Also planned (model already done), but needs some special implementation, as we don't want to screw up Rohan's early gameplay with the peasants.

gondor all perfect

Thanks a lot, that is mostly cahik's awesome work :p

urk scouts
some urk shileds to

Uruk scouts are already in, and at the moment some of the normal Uruk Fighters have shields.

mordor spme orc pike men

Already in.

moran orcs and some orc scouts to

That might be a good idea, but we already have a huge list of other Mordor or Morgul orcs, so it might get a bit unbalanced. It's definitely worth some thoughts.

ok i hop that thos gives you some ideas

Thanks a lot, we appreciate every input. Oh and fix your signature *hint* ;) (a "]" is missing at the end).

Have a nice day,
DLotS

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#20 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team