• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:16 PM

Another pic:

White Wolves for the Goblin faction:
Posted Image

And about the mordor faction... They already have Gothmog, and a Black Numenorian hero, called Fuinur will be added as well, so I probably won't put any new "wizard" hero in...

But if you have any ideas for a new MotW ringhero, feel free to post them here!

#62 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts
  • Projects:Galaxy at War, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:39 PM

Gandalf might be fitting for a MOTW ring hero, it just depends on whether or not you want to have him as a regular buildable hero or not.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts
  • Projects:Real Life
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Retired Leader / Manager

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:29 PM

That would be a good choice for a lot of other mods, but in this mod, I would have to vote against that idea.

Each faction has an istari available, with the exception of Mordor, who have the witch king as an equal. It would break the theme if MotW wouldn't have access to their istari hero without the ring.

Usualy I'd give an alternative, but I don't really have an idea how flexible this mod is with the Tolkien theme.

Solinx
Posted Image

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

#64 devvil

devvil
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:55 AM

I think that the MOTW Ring Hero can be ISILDUR or Elendil... But Gandalf is good choice to :lol:

#65 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts
  • Projects:Galaxy at War, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:50 AM

Good thinking, but Isildur and Elendil aren't really the right type of heroes. You want a hero that can have destructive abilities, hot high stats. Like Galadriel and Sauron, they can work magic. Isildur/Elendil can't, so while they would be powerful heroes, they wouldnt have the power in the right spot.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#66 devvil

devvil
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:26 PM

Ok, Gandalf is good but i have a question ... Gondor people called gandalf Mithandir or something like that... Can u change the name of gandalf when he gonna be RingHero?

#67 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:01 PM

What? I never said Gandalf was going to be the MotW ringhero and his name probably won't be changed. Sorry. Almost all the factions have a wizard available without the ring, so Gandalf will remain as a normal hero. And about Isildur... I once thought that he would be an OK ringhero, but his powers aren't destructive enough. If there's going to be a new MotW ringhero, he won't be Gandalf, Isildur or Elendil.

Edited by IthronAiwendil, 25 October 2006 - 02:01 PM.

#68 Mr-And3rs0n

Mr-And3rs0n
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Projects:(TC)Urban Wars, (TC) (TBA)

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:34 PM

A possible, yet silly idea for the MotW ringer,

Once the men finally captured the one ring of power they summoned the long time defenders of the lands of men... The Argonath!! giant slabs of unstoppable mountain granite, where every footstep could have huge meta damage, 2 in horde, each with speciality destruction power, that they use whenever, mountain giants stomp and giant rock throw

sure its not magic, but you get enuf magic from the wizzards

#69 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:18 PM

That's not possible since I can't do modelling...

#70 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:43 PM

Why would you want that anyway, 2 statues coming to life..

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#71 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:50 PM

A possible, yet silly idea for the MotW ringer,

Once the men finally captured the one ring of power they summoned the long time defenders of the lands of men... The Argonath!! giant slabs of unstoppable mountain granite, where every footstep could have huge meta damage, 2 in horde, each with speciality destruction power, that they use whenever, mountain giants stomp and giant rock throw

sure its not magic, but you get enuf magic from the wizzards

It's kinda funny. I had been thinking about the Argonath's too, only then as normal humans...

Didn't mention it, and still have doubts, because, aside from the fact that they have big statues for them, I know nothing about them :p

Solinx
Posted Image

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

#72 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:15 PM

Great statues on the Anduin. The two statues of the Argonath stood on pedestals in the water on either side of the Great River. Behind the statues, high cliffs formed a narrow chasm that the river passed through before it widened to form the lake called Nen Hithoel.

The Argonath were carved out of grey stone in the likenesses of Isildur and Anarion, the two sons of Elendil. The statues faced north with their left arms raised, palm outward. In their right hands they held axes and on their heads were helms and crowns. Their faces were grim and those who looked on them felt awe.

The Argonath were built to mark the northern boundary of Gondor by Romendacil II, probably around the year 1248. No strangers were allowed to come south of the Argonath without permission. But as Gondor's power declined, this stricture was no longer enforced.

When Aragorn passed through the Gates of Argonath with the Fellowship on February 25, 3019, his bearing became more regal.

Frodo turned and saw Strider, and yet not Strider; for the weatherworn Ranger was no longer there. In the stern sat Aragorn son of Arathorn, proud and erect, guiding the boat with skilful strokes; his hood was cast back, and his dark hair was blowing in the wind, a light was in his eyes: a king returning from exile to his own land.

Fear not!" he said. "Long have I desired to look upon the likenesses of Isildur and Anarion, my sires of old. Under their shadow Elessar, the Elfstone son of Arathorn of the House of Valandil Isildur's son heir of Elendil, has nought to dread!"

The Fellowship of the Ring: "The Great River," p. 409

I wouldn't approve of them being anything other than a map-specific building though personally.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#73 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for the info. Seems to me my idea can be canned, as it is said before that Isildur nor Elendil will be fit, so Anarion won't be either.

Solinx
Posted Image

#74 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:36 PM

isildur may not have magic powers, but he DID have the ring after sauron lost it
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#75 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:03 AM

So...in addition to being an uber-powerful melee hero, he'll also have a permanent stealth power? The two just don't go together IMO, plus Isildur refused to use the ring anyway.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#76 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:06 AM

yes but sometimes you have to change things for better gameplay. you'll have to accept that when playing games, more so than with movies
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#77 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:18 AM

I don't agree with that.

Anyway, the mod leader said he won't add Isildur as ring hero so why are we arguing about it anyway?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#78 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:21 AM

dunno :p

#79 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 02:33 PM

All right, here's an update again:

Radagast's powers:
1 - Mount/Dismount
2 - Enshrouding Fog (hides allies from enemies)
3 - Revitalize Allies (Restores the reload times of allies)
4 - Summon Birds of Middle-Earth (Summons an Eagle + small white birds [like crebain])
5 - Blinding Light (Kills surrounding emnemies and makes them fear)

Celeborn's powers:
1 - White Tree (Like Skull Totem, places a white tree on the map)
2 - Battle Armor (Changes skin and makes armor better)
3 - Thunder Strike (Like Saruman's lighting bolt)

Fuinur's powers:
1 - Assasin of the South (Increases damage done by Fuinur, makes him faster and gives him poisoned blades)
2 - Place Mine (Place a stealthed time bomb)

And some pics:

Fuinur the Black Numenorian
Posted Image

Lorien Treehouse, Galadhrim Warriors and Celeborn in his Battle Armor skin
Posted Image

And Isildur may eventually be the MotW ringhero, but only if I give MotW another hero, Denethor... what do you think?

#80 devvil

devvil
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:27 PM

What do u mean on this?

Radagast's powers:
1 - Mount/Dismount

That means that radagast can't change his Shape/form???
And who will he be able to mount? On horse or something Else???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users