• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Flying Snow

Flying Snow
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:28 PM

Hello everyone,

A little while back now you made this little post Celeglin and it got me thinking.

And Galadriel didn't have nearly as many outfits as Arwen in the films, so I doubt I'll make anymore variations for her... Unless...

As I'm sure you are well aware there is one other significant outfit of Galadriel's, the one she 'transforms' into when she declines Frodo's offer of the One Ring and says her "In place of Dark Lord you would have a Queen" speech. It consists of a female steel-looking breast plate and a tattered robe or dress of dark greys and blues. Her skin also goes a dark blue and grey colour.

I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about but I went off and found some images that may help you before joining, however I'm not sure whether it would be wrong of me to post links to them because I or tbe boards don't own the copyright to them (from the rules set out before you register). Anyway, if you could tell me otherwise or wish me to send the links by PM instead then just say the word.

Also, I wouldn't have expected you just to add the other outfit in without any reason, because you're more intelligent than that and would like to find a reason for adding the new skin. Whereupon I thought that you could modify Galadriel's Light of the Valar capability to instead change her skin to the new outfit and perhaps increase her power and defence a bit, but reduce her speed (so the power could be used as a last resort and not so the player could have a huge tank for a time) for the duration of the power, and at the end she could revert back to her regular outfit.

Then this made me think that this might be difficult to impliment and instead you could make the power a 'forced' toggle, so once the duration of the power ends Galadriel could be frozen and unable to do anything and thus vulnerable until the play untoggles the powers effects and makes her regular Galadriel again. I have no modding knowledge so I have no idea whether or not this would be possible, but I think you want to make this mod the best you can and this element of the lore could be added to the game. Of course the name may need to be changed.

I hope you consider this and if you want those images just give me the word and I can either post the links or send them to you depending on what is allowed.

See ya' 'round,

Flying Snow

#2 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 01 October 2006 - 06:33 PM

Also, I wouldn't have expected you just to add the other outfit in without any reason, because you're more intelligent than that and would like to find a reason for adding the new skin.

hehe, THAT got me thinking.....

I'm an idiot and redid one of the Elven units. So that'll probably be shown soon'ish.

^_^

Edited by Lauri, 01 October 2006 - 06:34 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#3 Flying Snow

Flying Snow
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:04 PM

Lol, that's funny, I saw that a little while ago.

Though I think that if Celeglin redoes something, it will come out much better than it was. ^_^

#4 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:02 PM

Tehehehehe... Can't say I haven't thought of it. I've thought of many ways of how to include that beautiful breastplate. If I were to include the "Dark Queen" look, I would try to get it to work with her "Power of the Lady" ability. That's because the FX for that ability are the same greeny-blue that were in the "Dark Queen" sequence; she also says "In place of a Dark Lord blabla", and she glows greeny-blue when using the ability.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:38 PM

Or how about an auto-triggered power with this new model? I would include that if I had a Galadriel in BFME+ ...

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#6 Flying Snow

Flying Snow
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:40 PM

Tehehehehe... Can't say I haven't thought of it. I've thought of many ways of how to include that beautiful breastplate. If I were to include the "Dark Queen" look, I would try to get it to work with her "Power of the Lady" ability. That's because the FX for that ability are the same greeny-blue that were in the "Dark Queen" sequence; she also says "In place of a Dark Lord blabla", and she glows greeny-blue when using the ability.

I thought you would have thought about it! :p That's a really good idea and would be very fitting because you could say that when Galadriel kills so many other beings she would be unleashing her "Dark Queen" self temporarily. But if you went to all that trouble to produce yet another wonderful piece of artwork we would only get to see it for really short time before she blew her enemies to smitherines :p then she would revert back to her regular self. :lol: I would love to have a Galadriel with that beautiful outfit
for a little while longer. *begs Celeglin* :DE016:

Or how about an auto-triggered power with this new model? I would include that if I had a Galadriel in BFME+ ...

Do you mean the purchasable powers? That would be a good idea, but I guess it might be a little unbalancing if you just had to fight with other characters to have a massively powerful Galadriel, though I'm sure Celeglin will come up with something!

~Edit~

Of couse we don't have to have just one way of having this outfit! :p lol

Edited by Flying Snow, 03 October 2006 - 04:43 PM.

#7 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 03 October 2006 - 05:15 PM

Do you mean the purchasable powers? That would be a good idea, but I guess it might be a little unbalancing if you just had to fight with other characters to have a massively powerful Galadriel, though I'm sure Celeglin will come up with something!

No, I mean a normal power, for example a Blademaster-like ability that is triggered automatically. Like Gandalf's shieldbubble :lol:

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#8 Flying Snow

Flying Snow
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 05:59 PM

No, I mean a normal power, for example a Blademaster-like ability that is triggered automatically. Like Gandalf's shieldbubble :p

Ahh...that would make more sense. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :lol:

:p

Yeah that would be a really good idea; Galadriel could attain her 'dark' self when she reaches a certain level or has killed so many enemies (though I assume the latter would require some heavy scripting?).

I like that idea. Nice One Dark Lord of the Sith!

Or perhaps Galadriel's darker self could be revealed when she first uses Power of the Lady, or after a number of times (instead of counting enemies killed the game could count these instead).

#9 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:32 AM

Celeglin?????? Smart?????? :p
cel can make as many outfits he wants. its his mod after all ;)
Posted Image

#10 Flying Snow

Flying Snow
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 03:47 PM

Celeglin?????? Smart?????? :p

Is this some sort of in joke about Celeglin not being smart? ;) I'd have thought anyone with such an extensive knowledge of the English landuage and how to use it would be quite intelligent! :p

cel can make as many outfits he wants. its his mod after all :p

Of course he can! I wasn't saying that there had to be a reason for it. :p Just that I'm sure Celeglin would have liked tgive a reason for the new outfit and would have thought about it already.

Edited by Flying Snow, 04 October 2006 - 03:53 PM.

#11 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:15 PM

yes it was a joke. he just changes everything he ever makes so he can never make up his mind
Posted Image

#12 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:04 PM

Yeah, like that unit he redid but won't tell us about :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#13 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:01 PM

he has redone each hero 2-3 times each :p
proof via Galadriel

1 2 3 4
Posted Image

#14 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:36 PM

That's ok, the 4th one looks most like the film's :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#15 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:03 AM

it funny to see everytime he gives us an update a new skin for someone is shown
Posted Image

#16 Flying Snow

Flying Snow
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:46 PM

it funny to see everytime he gives us an update a new skin for someone is shown

Yeah, I'm hoping the next one is Galadriel's Dark Queen outfit. :p

(Please Celeglin?) :DE016:

lol

:p

#17 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:52 PM

Is this some sort of in joke about Celeglin not being smart? :p I'd have thought anyone with such an extensive knowledge of the English landuage and how to use it would be quite intelligent! :p

well, you sure ain't smart, you can't even spell lanuage :grin:

EDIT: ehe, I can't even spell it :p I mean't language :p

Edited by Lauri, 06 October 2006 - 04:53 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#18 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:22 PM

No one can spell language right :p

Wait..... I just did(I think)....... does that mean I is a genis :D

(yes, the wrong spelling and grammer was on purpose) ;)

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#19 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:21 PM

mes no care if da engrish is pelled cotrectly :D
Posted Image

#20 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:42 AM

me shoulds me in landuade honars :graduated: :p

anyways, that would be cool if Cel could put in that galadrial's dark queen look. :D

elvenlordbanner.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users