Land Doctrine Chart

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:51 PM

But recently, I've been working on a lovely little creation which will make the combat much easier, a doctrine tree. Currently, the doctrines are divergent as you may plainly see, but they will eventually converge to three or four prevailing doctrines in the 1950s, eventually encompassing two broad doctrines in the 70s, before branching off into numerous sub-doctrines of the modern era. I am intending for each country to start with twenty points to invest here, with an accumulation each year of an amount to be decided. By 1930 with a lack of mass-mobilization, everyone should be about at the 1920s re-organization landmark, with perhaps some people a bit behind that point due to investment in sub-trees, such as the static defense doctrines to the right or the 1917-18 mobility doctrines on the left.

COMPLETE AS OF 23 NOVEMBER 2006
READING DETAILS BELOW

TIME PERIOD: 1812 - 1940

Attached Thumbnails

• Land_Doctrine.png

Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#2 US Airways

US Airways

Stewardess, I speak jive!

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Projects:Life

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:40 PM

I'm not sure I understand...In fact, I'm sure I don't understand :p

#3 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:47 PM

The idea is that it's a flow chart. You start with, say 20 points, and each little bubble costs one point. You get a certain number of points per game year, I don't know, I'll figure it out probably as a function of average technological level and perhaps a random factor. The individual doctrines basically affect your effectiveness, such as, say a foe with advanced artillery would have an easier time wearing down a fortress than those that subscribe to Soviet style human wave techs. Also, the mobility focus doctrines would allow you to have more armor at an earlier time, something which historically came late for everyone 'cept Germany and the Soviet Union, thus cutting down on people just saying in 1930 that they have hordes of tanks which operate cohesively when that's certainly something that wouldn't come about for at least eight or nine years.
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#4 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:34 PM

Finalized version posted.
99% sure that players will start off with 20 pts to put to anything. The guidelines for reading are as follows:
A Very French Path is shown in light blue
German is in grey
Soviet is red with red borders
British is red with blue border
Japanese path is in orange
Darker blue is a combined superior firepower decisive battle doctrine path which eventually differentiates towards the early 1940s.
US is dark green
Light green with blue are supporting doctrines, and may be developed for one point a piece and can greatly increase force effectiveness.
Light red are major paths which cannot be deviated from and can only be chosen once and never really abandoned. Eventually, however, by the 60s, these two schools and their subschools will individualize.
A red line means you can pick one of those paths, while a dark red line means you can pick both but one will cost you two points instead of one.
Organizational choices on the far left must be chosen at no point cost. Only one from each branching unit may be chosen.
This doctrine chart covers 1812 to approximately 1940.

Any questions may be asked here.
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#5 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:30 AM

I have like a zillion questions but I won't bother you with them ;).

Good luck with this, me thinks it must've cost quite some time to make that chart.

#6 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 24 November 2006 - 04:30 PM

No no, go ahead with questions. I'm sure everyone has them, I'm actually anticipating them. Lots of these appear to be vague concepts but can be fairly well covered with drawings, illustrations, and text.
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users