Photo

Questions?

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

#201 Guest_Ya about the elves siege_*

Guest_Ya about the elves siege_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:59 AM

Ya about the elves siege strategy. will there be any stealthy move? :p you know like blend in with the enemy to open gate from inside. it would be kinda like a hobbit cloak but you could move and it would be for a certain amount of time.

(P.S. wow i came out of nowhere didnt I? :) )

#202 thursti

thursti

Ruler of No One, Slave of Many

• Project Team
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:06 AM

haha :p that would make it rather unfair tho. Imagine the enemy opening ur gate, whats the gate for then?

#203 Boy_suicide

Boy_suicide
  • Members
  • 226 posts
  • Projects:Projects of some kind.
  •  Blue Text! YAY!

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:33 PM

I think Celeglin said Elrond, Galadriel, and someone are capable of starting a siege...

#204 Conor

Conor
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:02 PM

how about a couple of the elven armies being able to blend into dense forests? They would be fully visible to allies and the controller but difficult for the apposing team to see, i said difficult to see not totaly invisble. That would also be great for the rangers of gondor and faramir.

#205 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:49 PM

how about a couple of the elven armies being able to blend into dense forests? They would be fully visible to allies and the controller but difficult for the apposing team to see, i said difficult to see not totaly invisble. That would also be great for the rangers of gondor and faramir.

this is already in the game

#206 Artifice

Artifice

title available

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:18 PM

Or they're visible, but they don't show up on the minimap :)

#207 Conor

Conor
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:46 AM

hey celegin, id really like to know what the prices for some of the heroes are. I would also like to know if you are going to use the original elven barra ;) cks made by EA games. :p

#208 Guest_Olorin_*

Guest_Olorin_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:40 AM

To add to that would you be able to post up the command points up for the units, 'cause i really want to know how much the Sentinels from Woody End are. They shouldn't be that much (perhaps 5 cp), as they're more of a siege unit then anything else.

#209 Guest_Olorin_*

Guest_Olorin_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:41 AM

are banner carriers able to attack?

That would be interesting, to level up the banner carrier to level 5 or something and thenattach it to a battalion. What do you reckon, Celeglin?

#210 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:55 AM

sorry if this has been asked before, but will Legolas' Knife Fighter ability be permanent, as in it doesn't have a time limit?

#211 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:20 AM

hey celegin, id really like to know what the prices for some of the heroes are. I would also like to know if you are going to use the original elven barracks made by EA games. ;)

These are subject to change after further playtesting:
Haldir - 1600
Arwen - 2000
Cirdan - 2500
Thranduil - 3000
Legolas - 3000
Elrond - 3500
Celeborn - 3500
Glorfindel - 4000
Galadriel - 5000

Yes, I am using the original elven barracks for the Lorien Barracks. Mirkwood Lookout Tower and Rivendell Stables, as you can tell, use their own new models.

To add to that would you be able to post up the command points up for the units, 'cause i really want to know how much the Sentinels from Woody End are. They shouldn't be that much (perhaps 5 cp), as they're more of a siege unit then anything else.

Mirkwood Scouts - 15
Spearmen of the Havens - 20
Riders of Rivendell - 20
Amroth's Knights - 20
Galadhrim Warriors - 25
Sentinel from Woody End - 3

The Sentinels have nothing to do with siege (typo?). They're a pure scout unit that can't attack.

are banner carriers able to attack?

That would be interesting, to level up the banner carrier to level 5 or something and thenattach it to a battalion. What do you reckon, Celeglin?

They'd probably be killed long before they got to level 5.

sorry if this has been asked before, but will Legolas' Knife Fighter ability be permanent, as in it doesn't have a time limit?

Time limit.

Edited by Celeglin, 28 February 2006 - 11:22 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#212 thursti

thursti

Ruler of No One, Slave of Many

• Project Team
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:36 PM

noob: One really important question, when is it coming out? ;) j/k but whats gonna be the elves' best tactic?

#213 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:45 PM

Late game boom I suspect.

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#214 Boy_suicide

Boy_suicide
  • Members
  • 226 posts
  •  Blue Text! YAY!

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:58 PM

Late game the ubur powers are to be reckoned with, so I think they should buy the 3 siege heroes somewhat quickly...

#215 Conor

Conor
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:04 AM

thanks for the prices celegin :cool:

#216 Guest_Olorin_*

Guest_Olorin_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:38 AM

Yes, and thankyou for the command points. In answer to your question, it wasn't a typo; i'm just thinking, the Sentinels aren't able to attack, they're a pure scouting unit i understand that, but they can be sent to the enemies base to spy on them (which benefits greatly in the tactics that you use), or in places which the enemy chose to come through a lot (choke points etc.), or even around your own base to notify when the enemy attacks. I know i may be wrong but i still reckon that they're more of a siege unit than any other type of unit.

#217 Guest_Olorin_*

Guest_Olorin_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2006 - 12:38 AM

OK, i know that this is a bit off topic, but do you think you will be modding B4ME2?

#218 Boy_suicide

Boy_suicide
  • Members
  • 226 posts
  •  Blue Text! YAY!

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:07 AM

Yes, and thankyou for the command points. In answer to your question, it wasn't a typo; i'm just thinking, the Sentinels aren't able to attack, they're a pure scouting unit i understand that, but they can be sent to the enemies base to spy on them (which benefits greatly in the tactics that you use), or in places which the enemy chose to come through a lot (choke points etc.), or even around your own base to notify when the enemy attacks. I know i may be wrong but i still reckon that they're more of a siege unit than any other type of unit.

*Twitch*
Sudden urge to rant....
*twitch twitch*

#219 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:18 AM

^_^ :p
Olorin...you should register since you have posted alot. Unless, you are already registered and constantly forget to sign in.

Thank you for the input Boy_Suicide.

Edited by Jsmooth13, 11 March 2006 - 02:19 AM.

#220 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:58 AM

OK, i know that this is a bit off topic, but do you think you will be modding B4ME2?

Yes, but not for a while. I don't plan on buying BfME II for a long time.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users