• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#41 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:58 AM

I just found it interesting that the latter suits in Destiny still used phase shift, despite the fact that almost every weapon at that point was a beam weapon. Coating a suit in ether laminate armor or anti beam coating would work FAR better, come to think of it EAF did! 105 daggers have laminate armor... cordinaters are smarter my ass!

Posted Image
-Metallica's next album will rule the world.

My Blog, My Deviant Art page, My Youtube

#42 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:29 AM

and did the EAF did that for the Dagger L and Windam? not really.

and I really wouldn't chock it up to "smartness" the coordinators have that hands down, but the EaF have more common sense, just nuke the enemy.

Edited by Stargazer, 08 January 2007 - 06:30 AM.

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#43 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:56 AM

Well said.

Posted Image

#44 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:46 AM

Variable ps armor doesnt take up much power as before. and the final 4 super-gundams had nuclear deuterium generators, so power isnt an issue.

What the ps armor means is that the pilot doesnt have to worry about being killed because you flew into a few clumps of trash in space, or you flew into the exploding cloud that was your buddy. Another example of its usefulness is the gouf whip. The whip only shocked gaia when hiene used it on it. Then later on in the series where a gouf uses the whip on a murasame and it cuts clean through the poor bugger.

On the other hand, if these oh so great pilots keep evading physical weaponry anyway (or if a great plot hole allows a friggin sword to pierce freedoms ps) i suppose you can make a case that it really is useless.

Akatsuki...has no ps armor. Im wondering why the reflective coating doesnt stop melee beam weapons. Both range and melee are the same thing...and if its cuse a melee weapon has more concentrated energy, then thats bullshit when you consider akasuki can handle the tanhauser.

Oh yeah, anti-beam coating isnt as good as it sounds. Shields have a very concentrated coating, the coating that goes onto zaft ships are pretty thin cuse otherwise its not feasible. If the daggers got shot by a beam rifle, it would penetrate the armor but not go all the way through the ms like it usually does.

As i understand it, laminated armor is quite heavy. Tho the 105 dagger seems to be of normal mass according to mahq so maybe im wrong. And even then, the quality of the laminated armor on them means that if they got shot by a beam rifle, it would still penetrate the armor to some extent, just not go all the way through the ms like it usually does.

Edited by Dark Lord Revan, 08 January 2007 - 08:56 AM.

This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#45 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:55 AM

but the whips were completely different...

Heine's one stayed grey while the mass produced gouf's one went red.

it's probable that the red was is super heated, that's why it went straight through like a hot knife through butter...

Posted Image

#46 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:21 PM

Yep Heine had a shock wip as where the production model had a heat wip. The one time we see the athrun use the blue Goufs wip to shock Destinys is obviously reused footage so dont put to much stock in that.

Oh yeah, anti-beam coating isnt as good as it sounds. Shields have a very concentrated coating, the coating that goes onto zaft ships are pretty thin cuse otherwise its not feasible. If the daggers got shot by a beam rifle, it would penetrate the armor but not go all the way through the ms like it usually does.

Indeed it wouldn't provide much protection but it still is more resistant to beam attacks than Phase shift.

As i understand it, laminated armor is quite heavy. Tho the 105 dagger seems to be of normal mass according to mahq so maybe im wrong. And even then, the quality of the laminated armor on them means that if they got shot by a beam rifle, it would still penetrate the armor to some extent, just not go all the way through the ms like it usually does.

Laminate armor spreads the energy of a beam hit over the whole of the suit dissapateing its energy, Thickness would have much to do with it. What matters is surface area as the larger the object the more hits can be dispersed, so I would imagine the 105 could survive 2 or 3 beam hits before being destroyed.

Posted Image

#47 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:44 PM

Also the 105 was never a Mass Produced model seeing that it was quite expensive since it had the Striker pack system integrated. And yes that means that any striker pack, not just the Gun-barrel set could've been used, say Sword, Launcher or Aile.

It was mostly used by commanders or squad leaders who happens to be veterans.

PS armor only holds up to a certain degree, seeing as a massive amount of physical damage will still go rightencounter with the Strike Gundam.

The Akatsuki on the other hand did not have any of the coating/technologies stated earlier. It had a special coating which reflect beams as a Mirror would usually do, and it also had PS armor.
As to the reason that the beam blades were able to damage the Akatsuki, imagine a highly heated blade being in contact with any type of surface, it would eventually melt/cut its way through it. It is different than a beam rifle shot, which is basically a beam of light, the blade has a physical property applied to them, thus the lack of ability to deflect it.
{SNIP -Mastermind}
So many animes, so little time............

Currently taken over SG's role as the master of Lolis. lol

#48 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:21 AM

Nope, beam rifles and beam blades operate useing a type of super heated gas (most likely plasma). The diferance between them is that the beam blades are held in place with a some kind of a magnetic field similar to the mirage colide system. My guess is, because the beam is held in place by the field which is why it can not be deflected.

Posted Image

#49 Darkspleen

Darkspleen
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  •  Legacy Fan

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:17 AM

That makes sense. I think the only material that they could use for their 'lasers' is plasma, since if it was an actual laser: 1) You couldn't see it at all in space except when it flew through some dust for something like that 2) if lasers were used for the beam swords they would never end 3) Since plasma is affected by magnets, the Akatsuki's 'anti-beam' coating could have some sort of magnetic material in it, which would explain that.

#50 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:51 AM

I didnt say the laminated armor had to be thick. But it does have to be dense. Not really a problem for an assualt carrier/crusier with a bank of engines, but it is when it comes to mobile suits.

Beam shots are composed of completely ionised gas that has been superheated into a near plasma state.

Actually, your right that hiene's rod isnt heated, its only shock. But it is quite heavy. The later design has both heat and shock function, but regardless, it would have clipped thru that murasame anyway because of the force. Ms armor isnt very thick i guess. Also, ps armor is heat resistant. It doesnt stand up to beams cuse thats over its limit, but apparently can take a heat rod. And atmospheric re-entry. Dont forget that strike freedom got caught by 2 whips in its debut battle.

If akatsuki's reflective property had magnetic origins, it would interfere with the beam saber's sword's fields. And it also cause alot of problems, since such a magnetic field used to deflect would have to be VERY strong. One of the possibly myriad reason's why beam rifle's cant be handheld sized i guess, beacuse of power and safety considerations.

Hey maybe the movie will have handheld beam weapons. tho that would be downright gay.
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#51 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:07 PM

the akatsuki had a nice design, but it was too bullshit.

and fuck cagalli, there's no way she could outpilot anyone.

Posted Image

#52 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:18 AM

O well Neo for the win XD.

Because even though he never admits to it, he is still The ONE.

oh and btw the Akatsuki looks kinda like Strike when it somes down to it, main chasis and shoulder/leg contruction.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#53 bucky699

bucky699

title available

• Project Team
  • 271 posts
  •  Story Dev/Map Dev Gundam Legacy

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:44 AM

So does pretty much every other main story gundam and by main i mean Strike itself, Impulse and the ones from the original UC shows.
Posted Image

"WELCOME to the federation starship USS Buttcrack!!" - John Crichton - Farscape

In memory of Lt. Jean Razak, Alpha Team (AKA "Roughnecks") Live forever Ape!

#54 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:31 AM

No I mean the actual construction lol.

If you look at the bottom of the shoulders and middle of the chest, the legs and so on and compare it to a picture of the Strike, especially the grey parts, they look almost exactly alike.

I guess what Im going for is the likenesses between the different Frame Mobile Suits. that kind.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#55 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:14 PM

thinking about this movie is starting to bug me.

basically a pop princess is running the PLANTS.

god I hope some ZAFT general goes rogue and takes most of the ZAFT forces and teams up with the EaF leader and crush orb in a spectacular display.

Posted Image

#56 bucky699

bucky699

title available

• Project Team
  • 271 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 09:37 PM

amen bruda viv la resistance!!!
Posted Image

#57 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:06 PM

it'd make alot of sense.

i'm sure there aren't alot of people who are happy with a pop princess running there country, espicially when she makes her fuck buddy a general.

Plus I could seriously see a general or council member going rogue from that situation, the PLANTS need a strong leader, not a fucking pop princess who cries when someone she has NEVER MET dies, namely Meer.

plus she showed almost NO emotion when she found out the PLANTS got hit, she cried more over someone she never met instead of her home country.

plus without LOGOS around, i'm sure this said general or coucil member could persuade what's left of the Earth Alliance into joining them against ORB and Terminal. I mean it was Terminal which cost EaF the first war, they would've won if Kira hadn't interfered.

Payback for that is due for the Earth Alliance.

Edited by Stargazer, 14 January 2007 - 11:08 PM.

Posted Image

#58 bucky699

bucky699

title available

• Project Team
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:35 AM

hmmm sum1 is starting to sound like a natural ;)
Posted Image

#59 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:40 AM

pfft...

i'm a ZAFT fanboy remember...

I CUM ZAFT.

but seriously though, if Kira wasn't there, the Earth Alliance would've won the war, so many nukes...

Posted Image

#60 bucky699

bucky699

title available

• Project Team
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:42 AM

meh mayb not they prob woulda jus fired genisis at the nukes providing they coulda turne dit on in time.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users