100 replies to this topic

#1 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 14 October 2006 - 02:24 PM

just bored, wandering what you would do to make Seed Destiny... you know... good.

- I'd make Mwu stay dead, I know it seems unpopular but that makes his sacrifice in Seed actually mean something...

- Get rid of the Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice, the Freedom would upgrade after getting his ass kicked by Shinn, but all he would get is an Extra Rifle and that cannon in the chest, no energy shield, that's too stupid.

- Heine would stay alive throughout the whole series, or maybe dieing right at the end, he would also upgrade to his own orange gundam :grin:

- Have the extended as strong or even stronger than the druggies, I mean what's the logic in making WEAKER weapons, makes no sense to me.

- Instead of dropping a destroyed Julius 7 colony, the Loyalists would drop an entire colony, this would be done when the EaF attack, they would get through the ZAFT defence line and the fightout would be in, around and near the colonies, during the fight those loyalists would activate some kind of thrusters to knock it out of stable orbit, the Minerva and Joule Team would still get sent to stop it but they wouldn't stop it in time and it would hit America.

- The Earth Alliance Forces wouldn't get damaged to the extent which it was, making the battle of Messiah a three way between ZAFT, Orb and the Earth Alliance forces.

- Athrun wouldn't join ZAFT at all, he would stay with Orb and be Shinn's rival throughout the show.

- there would be a Neo, but since Mwu is dead he would be a completely different person, he'd probably have the mask or one which looks like it but he'd have white hair, gotta love the silvery white hair.

- Make the Legend and Destiny have nuclear reactors so they don't run out of power.

- The Akatsuki wouldn't be with Orb at all, Cagalli wouldn't even pilot it, Neo would pilot it and it would be built by the Earth Forces *god knows they need to actually build a gundam, other than destroys which are basically cannon fodder* and it wouldn't have that bullshit reflect beams, beams might have a less of a effect, but they sure as hell won't bounce off.

and last but not least:

- our characters would have cameo appearences.

i'm still thinking of some, so i'll update this later.

So what would you guys do.

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#2 Fortnox

Fortnox
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 03:29 PM

I agree with most of that, but I love Strike Freedom. also the Junius Seven drop was symbolic/metaphoric/whatever, because millions of co-ordinators died there, they used it as a weapon against Earth. I think that was good.

Also, I think you missed out re-animating the entire series to have NO repeated shots, at all, ever :grin:

#3 Sykes

Sykes

title available

• Project Team
  • 385 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:02 PM

just bored, wandering what you would do to make Seed Destiny... you know... good.

- I'd make Mwu stay dead, I know it seems unpopular but that makes his sacrifice in Seed actually mean something...

- Athrun wouldn't join ZAFT at all, he would stay with Orb and be Shinn's rival throughout the show.

These are two of the things that really irritated me about destiny. I also would like to add that they should have completely changed Shins character.
Posted Image

#4 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 08:19 PM

Heres the changes:

-After the First war Earth Alliance dosn't give back Zaft's bases on Earth. (like what was that about)
-NO super evil ultimate agenda for EAF (we had enough of that in gundam seed) and go with something origional.
-Radical Idea... Don't start the series with ANOTHER Gundam thieft.
-If your trying to keep Durandels intentions a secrete dont cast Char as the voice actor. :grin:
-Zakus, goufs, and DOMS! ughh (again originality)
-Natural + AI support = Cordinators in MS battles, why in destiny do we go back to the 5 to 1 kill ratio for Zaft. Euclid Mobile Armors are not the same as Mobius Mobile Armors! (Fukuda)
-Why does ORB have a space fleet? The Kusanagi was just for transport between ORB and heliopolis, Orb no longer has a Space colony.
-The opening attack at Havens base left Zaft with almost 6 subs and the minerva, this means around 30 M.S. HOW DO YOU CAPTURE A BASE WITH ONLY 30 UNITS...

wow this is turning into an EA rant so I had better quit.

Posted Image
-Metallica's next album will rule the world.

My Blog, My Deviant Art page, My Youtube

#5 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 08:41 PM

keep going.

the more you rant the worst Fukuda looks.

Posted Image

#6 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 09:05 PM

He just gives me too much material...

-Destiny is a Nuke/batttery Hi-brid HOW is that batter than a Nuclear suit? Strike Freedom and Infinant Justce Seemed to out proform Destiny and Legend every time.
-Earth Forces have potentialy a couple hundred million soldiers to draft from, to say nothing of the millitary production of all Alliance nations. HOW exactly does Zaft have more Forces in destiny HOW?

Thats all for now, but I'll post some more later.

Posted Image

#7 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 09:13 PM

or Orb producing one of the strongest mass produced mobile suits from the war even though they're just a shitty little island, and they did it before anyone else! what the fuck?

The EAF needed another mobile suit after the windam to keep up with the gouf and murasame.

Posted Image

#8 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:07 AM

It was called the Destroy, the biggest mostest expensive grunt EVER!

Murasame? HA! Windam owns both it and the Zaku. :grin:

Posted Image

#9 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:16 AM

yea but I meant a full on mass produced one, looks over a thousand of em...

and in performance and all that, Murasame was listed as above the Windam and Zaku, it was on par with the Gouf.

Posted Image

#10 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:03 AM

Hmmmm, damn orb. :grin:

Posted Image

#11 GhostlySubstance

GhostlySubstance
  • Project Team
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:28 PM

Heres the changes:

-After the First war Earth Alliance dosn't give back Zaft's bases on Earth. (like what was that about)
-NO super evil ultimate agenda for EAF (we had enough of that in gundam seed) and go with something origional.
-Radical Idea... Don't start the series with ANOTHER Gundam thieft.
-If your trying to keep Durandels intentions a secrete dont cast Char as the voice actor. ^_^
-Zakus, goufs, and DOMS! ughh (again originality)
-Natural + AI support = Cordinators in MS battles, why in destiny do we go back to the 5 to 1 kill ratio for Zaft. Euclid Mobile Armors are not the same as Mobius Mobile Armors! (Fukuda)
-Why does ORB have a space fleet? The Kusanagi was just for transport between ORB and heliopolis, Orb no longer has a Space colony.
-The opening attack at Havens base left Zaft with almost 6 subs and the minerva, this means around 30 M.S. HOW DO YOU CAPTURE A BASE WITH ONLY 30 UNITS...

wow this is turning into an EA rant so I had better quit.

I only had the issue which I underlined above. So nobody like it when someone adds in mobile suits as tribute units? If you looked in G Gundam you could see Wing Gundam or Rx-78 Gundam (original Gundam in Mobile Suit Gundam). There was a few other ones from older series ridding a missle up into space or fighting in space. I don't see anybody cryign about that :lol: . For Wing Gundam comics there was a Gamou (Purple Zeon carrying craft). Sorry if this sounds like a flame but this is the only issue I have with "fans". Anyways have fun :)

edit: oh and i'm not flaming just stating my opinion which sometimes does sound like flaming, just sayign so we're on the same page.

Edited by GhostlySubstance, 17 October 2006 - 08:56 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:30 PM

there's having tribute units and then there's just laziness in stealing the designs of them and modernizing them.

if there were one or two of em, that's okay, but he basically stole the zeon units.

Ginn & Guaiz > Zaku Warrior/Phantom, Gouf Ignited and Dom Trooper.

Posted Image

#13 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 04:16 AM

I felt head to head a Guaiz R was a far better suit than the Zaku Warrior. It had more standard weapons (flip up railguns) the intigrated beam saber/ sheild. Just an over all neat suit with lots of origional looks to it, I have nothing against the remade Zakus and Goufs (I have both in MSIA format) they look cool. All I am saying is Seed went through a whole 50 episodes without "Directly" taking elements from the origional. Thats why I feel Seed succeded where Destiny failed, Seed had an Identity Destiny had none. Its would be like "Rau Le Creuset, Zeong launching!"

Posted Image

#14 Darkspleen

Darkspleen
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  •  Legacy Fan

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:21 AM

Where to start, so many complaints....

-I hated the whole zaku/gouf thing
-I felt Orb had too much power, and most of it's leaders were too stupid
-EAF didn't have any really good or even cool looking mobile suits
-Guaiz-R > Zaku
-Shinn was just too stupid, he stayed with Zaft even though he had a pretty good idea of what was happening
-non-original opening
-the dual rifles for the Strike-Freedom looked lame..I miss the shield
-the fact that Athrun seems to have lost all of his skills until the last 5 episodes
-I just don't understand why Dearka and Yzak no longer had their Gundams
-no new 'Good Guys' were introduced
-Rey was too cliche
-I'd be okay with Rey if he was actually on-par with Rue La Cresuet
-Rey didn't even have anything cool to say like Rue :dry:
-Neo with the mask was too cliche
-the ending battles felt weak and left me wanting for more
-it would have been nice to have focessed more on someone in the EAF

#15 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:50 AM

-Shinn was just too stupid, he stayed with Zaft even though he had a pretty good idea of what was happening

that makes no sense, a huge huge huge huge majority of ZAFT's military stayed with ZAFT because they believed in the Destiny plan.

-I just don't understand why Dearka and Yzak no longer had their Gundams

given back to the EaF as part of the treaty hting

rest of what you said is fine.

Posted Image

#16 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:04 PM

Ok I think I can sum up what was wrong with Gundam Seed Destiny right here.

I went back and rewatched GSD an I observed something. I have researched a couple of episodes and this is the conclusion. Let me ask you, If the show was bound by some level of sanity who do you think would win this battle.

Posted Image

And now for the main reason I started the research:

-In GSD It seems the EAF have there ships grouped in Fleets of 37 ships each. (It does seem to be a constant) These fleets seem to operate like carrier battle groups and have around:
11 Agamemnon Class Carriers
9 Nelson Class Battleships
7 Drake Class Escourts

-The Zaft Lunar Fleet seems to be comprised of around 22 ship with a close 1:1 ratio of Laurasia to Nazca class vessles. As of Episode 45 This fleet also includes Minerva and Gondwana.
-Zaft also has a hand full of (GSD shows 2 sets of 3) "raider" fleets comprised of around 3 Nazca Class each.

Personal feelings aside it is still some pritty interesting stuff, and yes I am damn good.

Posted Image

#17 dafater

dafater

title available

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:33 AM

well, the storyline dunt rly matter, jus need to b more creative (not using old stuffs). the most irritating part of GSD is rly the animation, i mean, most of the GSD scenes r from GS, but hay, remember at the end of GS? GS hav sum overused scenes too, but dat was jus at the end. but in GSD, almost all the mobile suit fites uses the sam fuking scenes. i mean wats the point of making a series using old animation scenes? did bandai running out of money so they need to make sumthing low on cost but big profit? well, i guess bandai was thinking:ok, we will create cooler n more powerful gundams, but the animation n storyline, we can jus b lazy on it, the kids will still luv it, they r jus foolish little babies. well, i guess dats wat makes nowadays business shuting down, cuz they r being lazy
Posted Image

Which would be your lucky draw today?

#18 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:14 AM

storyline does matter when it's a contradictory, lazy, and over used piece of shit.

as much of a zaft fanboy as I am, EaF should've won just by numbers.

Posted Image

#19 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:04 AM

by numbers, yes, by 'special circumstances', who the hell knows. EAF had their Destroys utterly annihlated by the three ZAFT Gundams, that and the rest of their fleet appearantly were too afraid to fire at their enemies. Coordinator superority? who knows

Also, the most guns carried by a EAF ship is 2 twing beam cannons for long range, while the ZAFT ships had much better firepower, the Girty Lue was used as a last option escape vessel and did nothing during the battle, so along with that alot of poor planning on the EAF's side, thanks to poor storylining
{SNIP -Mastermind}
So many animes, so little time............

Currently taken over SG's role as the master of Lolis. lol

#20 dafater

dafater

title available

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:18 AM

well i jus got 1 fuking question. if EAF was so dam suk at technology, htf did they invent gundams anyway, i mean, if ZAFT r so high tech, y did they steal the gundams instead of making them????
Posted Image

Which would be your lucky draw today?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users