#1 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Projects:*Trinity Wars*
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:39 AM

I've been wanting to start a ninja mod for a while now so I'm starting it. The buildings will be altered Easterling buildings (b/c I'm going for the feudal Japanese style).

Units
Ninja - Nin-to wielding units (swordsmen)
Shuriken Throwers (or maybe just archers) - Throws shurikens(or (or shoots arrows) (name to be changed later)
Shinobi - Very fast elite-unit Swordsmen
Kunoichi - Female ninjas, possibly using hands or a Tantō (short katana) for attacking
Bombers - Will be able to throw bombs (not like corsairs) or sacrifice themselves to do mega damage (mines?)
Cavalry - Ninja riding horses

More info soon :grin:

LaurEDIT: added the "mod noter"

THIS MOD WILL NOT BE TOTALLY HISTORICALLY ACCURATE

Edited by General Otmin, 20 October 2006 - 12:34 PM.

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#2 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:46 AM

no offence or anything, but are you gonna do this?

I mean, like not giving this one a hold? :grin:
hehe, I'm 50% kidding here ;)

anyways, it sounds good though, and shouldn't be too hard I guess....
so, good luck!

EDIT: oh, btw, you should've done some work on it before you announced it :)
it's sometimes a pain in the arse when people come with the "NEW MOD, AND IT WON'T DIE!".... well, you don't have the WON'T DIE thing, but again, it's (always?) smarter to show some work before you announce it..... I guess..

Edited by Lauri, 15 October 2006 - 01:48 AM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#3 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:49 AM

That's one reason why I'm doing it. It should be easy :grin: . I put Trinity Wars on hold until ROTWK comes out, but I'm going to finish this one without putting it on hold, for any time ;)

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#4 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:52 AM

Check the hosted section for BFME, there's an old mod named Shogun that stalled with lots of work already done.

#5 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:55 AM

it's always wonderful when modders say,

but I'm going to finish this one

it's warming my heart :grin: oo, Hostile is giving his mod away? or just seeking help? ;)

EDIT: sorry mate, I was acctually going to help, but noticed it was for BFME2 :) and I don't really do nr2, although I should start soon ^_^ well, sorry once again :) I might've helped out with a skin or two though, but no modeling :( :p

Edited by Lauri, 15 October 2006 - 02:01 AM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#6 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:01 AM

I'm wondering that too :grin:

oh, btw, you should've done some work on it before you announced it
it's sometimes a pain in the arse when people come with the "NEW MOD, AND IT WON'T DIE!".... well, you don't have the WON'T DIE thing, but again, it's (always?) smarter to show some work before you announce it..... I guess..

I have started some work on it but it's not done. I have 4 building models mostly done so far, just need to edit some problems with them, adjust their texture, and make a render.

Ok well I have 5 building models (including the fortress) done now so once I edit the texutes I'll post pics of all of them.

Edited by General Otmin, 15 October 2006 - 08:41 PM.

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

#7 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:05 AM

Well here's the first model released for the mod. This will be either the shuriken throwers or the ninja swordsmen. The skin will be revised later.

And if someone can help me out with the mod by binding units it would help a lot (I'm horrible at binding) :p

Attached Thumbnails

• ninja.gif

Edited by General Otmin, 16 October 2006 - 12:22 AM.

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

#8 Bebbe

Bebbe

Savvy ?

• Project Team
  • 670 posts
  •  The original guy

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:45 PM

Looks neat :p Keep it up

#9 thelemur

thelemur
  • Members
  • 180 posts
  • Projects:The Battle for Ashalimore
  •  Coder, Mapper, BASIC Skinner/Modeller

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:51 PM

great job!cant wait to see more
Posted Image

#10 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:20 PM

Ok well here's more. Not too much; just the ninja with his sword and sheath and some buildings without the textures(edited Easterling buildings).

Attached Thumbnails

• ninja1.gif
  • ninja2.gif
  • buildings.gif

Edited by General Otmin, 16 October 2006 - 11:25 PM.

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

#11 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:33 PM

Looking Good... Just hope you can get those buildings mapped :)

#12 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:36 PM

lol. Ya I still haven't been able to do it. And I'm thinking about making the ninja the Shinobi. If I do I'll probably add a tanto somewhere on his model and some light armor.

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

#13 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:15 AM

If anyone wants to make Isengard Wall towers, I have the wall mapped... Otmin, I can't say anything but: Good luck! Try not too start too many mods, it hurts real bad in the end :)
Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#14 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:24 AM

Thanks :) . Right now I'm only working on this mod and I hope to have it done by early December, maybe a beta by mid November. I'm only doing this mod really b/c it's pretty easy and I love ninjas (not the steriotypical ones). It's not hard to code, no new effects (maybe), and I think I might just make it so the builders build the easterling buildings for the ninja faction. But idk ;)

Edited by General Otmin, 17 October 2006 - 01:25 PM.

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

#15 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:27 PM

If you want any FXs done, just shout. You know where to find me :lol:
Posted Image

#16 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:06 PM

:lol: Here's a little info about historical weapons of ninjas from Wikipedia:

Ninja also employed a variety of weapons and tricks using gunpowder. Smoke bombs and firecrackers were widely used to aid an escape or create a diversion for an attack. They used timed fuses to delay explosions. Ōzutsu (cannons) they constructed could be used to launch fiery sparks as well as projectiles at a target. Small "bombs" called metsubushi (目潰し, "eye closers") were filled with sand and sometimes metal dust. This sand would be carried in bamboo segments or in hollowed eggs and thrown at someone, the shell would crack, and the assailant blinded. Even land mines were constructed that used a mechanical fuse or a lit, oil-soaked string. Secrets of making desirable mixes of gunpowder were strictly guarded in many ninja clans. Other forms of trickery were said to be used for escaping and combat. Ashiaro are wooden pads attached to the ninja's tabi (thick socks with a separate "toe" for bigger toe; used with sandals). The ashiaro would be carved to look like an animal's paw, or a child's foot, allowing the ninja to leave tracks that most likely would not be tracked. Also a small ring worn on a ninja's finger called a shobo would be used for hand-to-hand combat. The shobo (or as known in many styles of ninjutsu, the shabo) would have a small notch of wood used to hit assailant's pressure points for sharp pain to sometimes cause temporary paralysis. A suntetsu is very similar to a shobo. It could be a small oval shaped piece of wood affixed to the finger by a small strap. The suntetsu would be held against a finger (mostly middle) on the palm-side and when the hand was thrusted at an opponent, the longer piece of wood would be used to hit the pressure points.

Ninja are attributted with originating the style ninjutsu, which has similarities with jujutsu and kenjutsu. Ninjutsu (or Ninpo) closely resembles jujutsu, in that it uses the enemy's momentum and force against him, and in its usage of joint manipulation and leverages against the wrist, knee, shoulder, etc. There is very little blocking in most styles of ninjutsu, with the emphasis relying on evasionary movements. Such a technique might include simply dropping underneath a punch and striking the groin.

Most of these weapons will somehow be incorporated in the mod. I'll probably have ninjutsu as an upgrade, which will be like forged weapons, maybe adding some speed to thier attacks. The metsubushi, "small bombs", will definitely be used and I hope to have smoke as a power for the ninja. Maybe make it so the enemy team can't attack through it, If that's possible. And for the Konoichi:

Female ninja were classified as part of the kamae of sui (water) and were cultivated to manipulate energy through preying on increased feelings of emotional satisfaction; like the ocean, they would draw out, only to come back, like a wave at riptide, in unexpected ways. These women, or kunoichi as they were called, were given special training in psychological skills and intuition. Taught to manipulate men high-up in the enemy hierarchy, they were known to conceal blades inside musical instruments and sex toys.

Shimma kunoichi, ninja family members, were trained as spies who were taught not to fall in love with their targets or lose sight of their ultimate goal after successful seduction. According to Rumiko Hayes, a neo-ninja black belt from a bujinkan influenced school and the wife of Stephen K. Hayes, head female agents were sent around the country to collect young female orphans, whom they raised with care. These orphan girls were forever indebted to their agents and would do whatever they were asked in terms of seducing men.

Karima kunoichi were women who were not part of the clan but were temporarily hired as maids, mistresses, entertainers, fortunetellers, prostitutes, or artists.

In contemporary times, female ninjas often fulfill the same roles as men, working in security and law enforcement. This is the history of the kunoichi, as it has changed vastly over the ages from skilled seductive assassins, to law enforcement and special/black ops.

Nowadays, the term kunoichi is solely used in reference to female ninja; historically who were trained to deceive men and disguise themselves as geisha. However, modern novels, animes, mangas, films, and video games generally portray kunoichi to be fully trained in ninjutsu, much like their male counterparts.

Taki from soul calibur is an example of one. Well this is a mostly historical mod, maybe I'll use some magic ^_^. All ninja in the faction will have stealth as an upgrade.

Edited by General Otmin, 20 October 2006 - 12:44 PM.

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

#17 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:05 AM

Well I'm getting the major ideas together for the mod. The ninja faction will be efficient at keeping the enemy at bay with several... "spells" :shiftee: that stun or "scare" enemies, including the smoke ability. They will also (try not to be shocked when you read this) be very stealthy :ohmy: Didn't see that coming did ya? :lol: They will also climb walls.

Anyway... since several ninja had faked their own deaths in history I'll be having that ability for the Shinobi. And all heroes will have that power that wormtoungue has (They'll turn invisible and can't attack or be attacked). The first hero I'll be releasing info about is Denieru (Not based on history).

Yes I know right now this mod is pretty much all ideas but not soon. I hope to start the power coding this weekend and to have a beta out by mid-November.

Edited by General Otmin, 19 October 2006 - 03:06 AM.

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

#18 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:31 AM

The problem is ninjas are not "front of the line" combat fighters. That's why Shogun used them as sub units to a Diamyo. Samuria would slaughter ninjas in normal massed combat.

#19 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:47 PM

That's why the mod only has one "front of the line" unit, if you want to call it that; the Kunoichi and Shinobi can't be called a total direct units b/c of their abilities. The ninja did have swordsmen that would rush in after a couple ranged attacks. That's why i have 1 swordsmen unit. The mod will have shurkien throwers, metsubushi throwers, archers, smokescreens, mines, and more units based on history; and maybe even a cannon b/c ninja actually used them. Every unit in the faction will have stealth. In a close battle, yes, a Samurai would kill the ninja. Otherwise the ninja would slaughter the samurai. I understand that and in order to win with the ninja faction you'll use deceit and stealth to win.

:lol:

Edited by General Otmin, 19 October 2006 - 12:56 PM.

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

#20 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:26 PM

Ooh, sounds like fun! If you need a coder, just give me a call. I need a distraction from this blasted tutorial im writing ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users