#21 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Projects:*Trinity Wars*
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:10 PM

Ya. I'd definitely need your help. Xpecially for the start of the coding. Thanx :dry:

;)

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#22 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:20 AM

That's why the mod only has one "front of the line" unit, if you want to call it that; the Kunoichi and Shinobi can't be called a total direct units b/c of their abilities. The ninja did have swordsmen that would rush in after a couple ranged attacks. That's why i have 1 swordsmen unit. The mod will have shurkien throwers, metsubushi throwers, archers, smokescreens, mines, and more units based on history; and maybe even a cannon b/c ninja actually used them. Every unit in the faction will have stealth. In a close battle, yes, a Samurai would kill the ninja. Otherwise the ninja would slaughter the samurai. I understand that and in order to win with the ninja faction you'll use deceit and stealth to win.

;)

You're now begining to get me motivated to finish Shogun, as your historical inaccuracies are so large, that I believe you have failed in your research. Have you actually taken the time to study the combat tactics of the individual Diamyos as they used the samurai and ninjas.

There is no way ninjas can be a faction. They were hired mercenaries that used stealth and ambush, they did not fight samurai face to face.

While I applaud your guts, I also have to add, I did hours upon hours of research to find out that your depiction is historically very incorrect. Also, you are allowed to say STFU it's my mod, and I'll do just that. :dry:

#23 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:38 AM

I'm not going to say STFU. If you have any comments you can say them and I'll accept them. I'm not incorporating the tactics of the ninja in the mod. And there are no Diamyos in my mod. There were ninja villages; they were'nt just mercenaries hired by the Diamyos. Some were, but most were just regulary assassins. I'm just simply making the ninja into a faction. Don't be so judgemental ;). I don't care if samurai and ninjas didn't fight face to face, which there were some recorded data that proved they had some power struggles (very minimal) that involed sword fights between them. I'm not saying that they only fought face to face, I'm just saying that they did sometimes because they did. I'm making a mod about a ninja faction with the units according to history, not the whole faction and it's tactics. If you don't like the way I'm doing it then don't bother commenting if all your going to do is slander my work :dry: If the only thing you're going to do is slander my work then:

STFU

:spam:

I'm sorry not everyone's such a master of the knowledge of ninja history like you are. I'm just a petty little person with a big encyclopedia about feudal japan in my room.
Thanks a lot

Edited by General Otmin, 20 October 2006 - 03:52 AM.

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#24 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:05 AM

Sorry, I didn't mean it that serious. Sorry I offended my any means, but I was just saying some correct historical means would make for a better mod.

#25 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:07 AM

Sorry I exploded but all you've done so far is give little insults about my mod just because it's not completely historically accurate.

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

#26 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:25 AM

but your pals now right? ;)

anyways, I can't really bother if it's accurate or not, atleast not since I don't really know much about them :dry: so for us non-knowers, accurate or not, it will be fun to play :spam:

and GO, make Hostile finish his mod!

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#27 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:05 AM

I totally agree with Lauri here. While historical accurracy may be a very nice thing, the average user won't care too much since he has no idea of these details...

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#28 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:41 PM

I'm not angry with Hostile. Personally I'd love if he'd finish his Shogun mod. Since I joined I've wanted to play that mod above any other one. Then I try to make a mod around the same thing and I get told that I've failed. It just annoyed me

Edited by General Otmin, 20 October 2006 - 12:45 PM.

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

#29 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:38 PM

no, you've not failed......

I'm guessing your a kid, and Hostile is an adult.... man, he even has a wife! (atleast he did last I saw) And you know how adults can be :p But this mod sounds cool, and I would love to play it!

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#30 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts
  • Projects:Real Life
  • Job:Retired Leader / Manager

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:17 PM

And you know how adults can be

:p

Lauri is right. Your mod looks cool and certainly hasn't failed. A mod doesn't have to be totally historical accurate.

Sorry, I didn't mean it that serious. Sorry I offended my any means, but I was just saying some correct historical means would make for a better mod.

You are right, a completely historical mod would indeed be better, but it would also mean a whole lot more to do. This mod is a mini mod that should be finished within a few weeks. He is working on another, much bigger, mod, that has been put on hold untill RotWK is released.

As he said, he would love to see Shogun finished and perhaps he would like to help you with it. It's just that he hasn't got the time to make such a complete mod.

You really shouldn't argue, because you want the same...

Solinx
Posted Image

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

#31 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 05:05 PM

Well, this should be the last off-topic before we start over......

Hostile, you should NOT argue, think of it, if he had gotten the same facts you have, then he'd done your mod :p
Arg, now it sounds like it's Hostile that's getting a beat.... We don't mean anything bad Hostile :)

Anyways, how about we start posting like we should? MOD RELATED! No critics! :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#32 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:53 PM

Just one real quick interjection. I would have Diamyos and Samurai in the mod, but then it would be too much like yours, Hostile, and then the mod would be pointless. Also I want to focus only on the ninja. But no hard feelings or anything :p

So I'm going to try to code the smoke ability and I'll post more info about our first ninja hero and his powers(he's not actually in history).

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

#33 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:21 PM

I certainly didn't mean to cause a shit storm.:sleep: I didn't realise you were only doing ninjas. I mistakingly assumed there would be other japanese factions.

#34 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:18 PM

Oh. Ok. Well it was really me that started the shit storm. I just took what you said very offensively for some odd reason. I barely even remember writing that long response to your post :sleep:

Edited by General Otmin, 20 October 2006 - 11:18 PM.

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

#35 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:33 PM

yes, and your happy ever after :sleep:

So I'm going to try to code the smoke ability and I'll post more info about our first ninja hero and his powers(he's not actually in history).

o0o0o, smoke sounds cool :lol:
And about the non-history hero, I think it's best that way. If your making a "old" mod, I would say that you make up your own heroes, well, atleast when it comes to this kindof stuff.. A real ninja would be cool, but it's just as cool with a made up, but if your making a mod about the medieval times, there might be an idea to have The king of England or someone who's lived.... A WW2 veteran, I don't really know.... there I would say make up.... but Steve Irwin, make up another one! Arg, off topic again :p but it's your mod, and history heroes or not, make them so they'll be history when you release it! :grin:

Moderating: I don't wanna clean up this mess, since people have agreed with me, but if you find it useless, suit yourself.. but it does explain.....

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#36 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:02 AM

Yes I hope the smoke looks cool too. It's basically going to be the elven mist (thicker) and I'm going to try to make it so it spreads fear to enemy units that get close to it. Your units( and your ally's) will be able to cross the smoke, but enemies will run away from it. I would like it to be perfect b/c I'd always use that power. Also is there any way to ass a smoke effect when a unit's ability is activated? Like if I used a power with my heroes is there a way to make smoke (possbily from a fire if a good smoke effect exists) rise from where the hero is. For my heroes I'm giving them the wormtoungue power where they turn inbisible and I'd like a puff of smoke to completely cover where the hero was, then it'd fade away.

wow :sleep:

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

#37 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:48 AM

Otmin, quit asking questions and get your butt on MSN! As I said earlier, I want to code yer smoke for ya, and I already started making a new particle for it and everything. I can work out the fear, AMs, Leadership, Firing FXs, Making FXs and everything. You just got to tell me the specifics and its as good as done :sleep: I have already researched the Wormtongue power, and it would be soooo easy to make a chainedbutton effect linking to firing a small smoke FX... Dang it, its late. I need to be in bed :lol:
Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#38 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:40 PM

Everytime I get on msn you're not on :ohmy: Even when you're on the forums :thumbsupsmiley:

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

#39 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:39 PM

Odd, Ive found the same thing about you :lol:
Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#40 General Otmin

General Otmin

Prince of Vampires

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  Mapper/Modeler/Coder

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:53 PM

Yes well in the mornings at school I always go on (which is when I post most of my replies) and stay on for 45min. That's mostly during the time I see you, and I can't use aim :(

Posted Image

Trinity Wars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users