• 755 posts
  • Projects:RealAlert
  •  O-Bolt's Bitch, Wacky Forum Doctor.

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:57 PM

What. The. Fuck.

wtf :lol:
My heart goes out to Xeno.
Old Quotes:

@Mspencer : RoadReaction is calling everyone in your country a fascist invader who wants to invade Russia.
@Jeeves: Pie.

#24 Marinealver

Marinealver
  • Members
  • 76 posts
  • Projects:Work???!!!??? I work for the government, we dont work!
  •  Heretic

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:05 PM

exactly... we stick to tzeentch. there. done. over. ;)

Tzeentch or Thousand Sons Legion?

I was thinking of Undivided with Tzeentch Deamons, Units and Heros

#25 Verrückt

Verrückt

Hi Everybody!

• Project Team
  • 755 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:02 AM

exactly... we stick to tzeentch. there. done. over. ;)

Tzeentch or Thousand Sons Legion?

I was thinking of Undivided with Tzeentch Deamons, Units and Heros

bad idea. How about good old Vanilla Chaos, you know Alpha Legion. Which mind you is the largest undivided Legion.
Old Quotes:

@Mspencer : RoadReaction is calling everyone in your country a fascist invader who wants to invade Russia.

#26 Marcjs

Marcjs

Lord Of Change

• Project Team
  • 569 posts
  • Projects:Only War

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:07 PM

tzeetch will still have the chaos fleets they loaned them OK
Men who do nothing but dream should just stay in their dreams forever !!!!
Be Afraid Rodger Smith this dream isnt going to end till i bring your life to a end !!

YE GUILTY

#27 Marinealver

Marinealver
  • Members
  • 76 posts
  •  Heretic

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:10 AM

Ok I was wondering what will the basic infantryman would be. Chaos Space Marines or Thousand Sons Space Marines.

#28 Marcjs

Marcjs

Lord Of Change

• Project Team
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:23 PM

At the moment its undecided wither to have both or just thousand sons
Be Afraid Rodger Smith this dream isnt going to end till i bring your life to a end !!

YE GUILTY

#29 Verrückt

Verrückt

Hi Everybody!

• Project Team
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:19 AM

That acutally makes perfect sense. Only problem is that they are gonna have to be very old. Ala from the first Undivided Crusade against Cadia or perhaps a more recent one. Moral of the story is that the ships should start of weak, but upgrade into powerful monsters.
Old Quotes:

#30 Marinealver

Marinealver
  • Members
  • 76 posts
  •  Heretic

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:26 PM

That acutally makes perfect sense. Only problem is that they are gonna have to be very old. Ala from the first Undivided Crusade against Cadia or perhaps a more recent one. Moral of the story is that the ships should start of weak, but upgrade into powerful monsters.

I was hopeing the thousandsons will be an elite unit. As a Slowmoving but very shooty and tough force. It will take alot of fire power to take these down. I think even an Anti-Infantry Heavy Bolter Tarantula should have trouble with a squad of these guys.

#31 Boomerang Python

Boomerang Python

Only War Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 2,370 posts
  • Projects:Only War, Only War 2
  •  Colonel-Commissar

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:37 PM

they will probably be a elite end-game infantry unit for the chaos.

and arent all chaos ships old? :lol:
My DeviantArt - Check it out.
Posted Image
My Wii code: 6472 3114 4930 8707

"Om du kan stå, när alla andra sviktar
och sen klandras du för att just du står rak
Om du kan tro på ditt när andra riktar
sitt välbekanta tvivel mot din sak

Om var minut av nitti sen kan fyllas
med verk av dig som giltigt räknats ner
min vän, som jordens konung ska du hyllas
men du är också man, och det är mer."

#32 mattanator

mattanator

Ultimentra

• Project Team
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:11 PM

i keep saying canadians instead cadians. But tau totally rule, its just that OW1 was totally in the favor of them. Well then again, Tau beats UMs, UMs beat Cadians, Cadians beat Tau. Kinda like the 3 starting pokemon from the first game.

Lol, bat fuck insane. Thats funny.

Edited by mattanator, 23 October 2006 - 11:13 PM.

My name on other forums is Ultimentra, if you are wondering who i am.
Posted Image

#33 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

Boomers Disposable Minion

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  The Lurker-Turned-Poster-Turned-Lurker

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:35 PM

hmm... The Tau always got a bit nerfed whenever I played against them.. ^_^

I might actually go back and play a game or two of that mod thing we spent several years making... kinda makes sense a bit... :)

and yeh boom0rz, all Chaos ships are really damn old... They're apparently meant to be the old design of Imperial Navy ship that was phased out as they forgot how to build them... Fucking morons... They all kinda floated off into the warp and became posessed by evil daemons and crap like that in the Horus Heresy.

The old ships looked a bit ghey anyways, they look better as chaos ships :lol: Unfortunately, the Chaos ships are generally better armed compared to Imperial Navy ones. However, Imperial Navy ones are more... 'strateigically armed' shall we say :)
Posted Image

#34 Marcjs

Marcjs

Lord Of Change

• Project Team
  • 569 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:36 AM

yep the old a unit is in warhammer 40k the more powerfull it is ^_^

guess they kept losing those tomes of knowledge called ship manuals ... idoits

prehaps the only new ship Chaos has bar any ones that fell into the warp by mistake during the Crusades is the Planet Killer and that is not weak at all :lol:

Edited by Marcjs, 24 October 2006 - 10:39 AM.

YE GUILTY

#35 Verrückt

Verrückt

Hi Everybody!

• Project Team
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:16 PM

yep the old a unit is in warhammer 40k the more powerfull it is ^_^

guess they kept losing those tomes of knowledge called ship manuals ... idoits

prehaps the only new ship Chaos has bar any ones that fell into the warp by mistake during the Crusades is the Planet Killer and that is not weak at all :lol:

Chaos ships are much like Defilers, they are Possessed. What im saying is that you should be able to possess them making them much more powerful.
Old Quotes:

#36 mattanator

mattanator

Ultimentra

• Project Team
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:35 PM

Last night when i was playin a game of OW1, i was playin as the tau and had to mass my missile turrets in 1 spot, then they (cadian medium AI) started attacking me from a different side. The leman russ tanks are a real bitch, and i eventually lost. Because they massed infantry and the leman russ'. But when i played against the easy army i had a chance to rank up and get hammerheads. They were awesome, and with the stealth suit guys sneakin behind the infantry groups and ambushin them i was unstoppable. Then i played against a UMs hard army, and won. Wth? So i think the tau could have gotten a bit of more thought. And if boom has shown you my unit list i have almost every tau unit available. I dont know how you guys would do space tho. But im really lookin forward to the mod expansion with tau. XV88 RULES
Posted Image

#37 Verrückt

Verrückt

Hi Everybody!

• Project Team
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:01 PM

Last night when i was playin a game of OW1, i was playin as the tau and had to mass my missile turrets in 1 spot, then they (cadian medium AI) started attacking me from a different side. The leman russ tanks are a real bitch, and i eventually lost. Because they massed infantry and the leman russ'. But when i played against the easy army i had a chance to rank up and get hammerheads. They were awesome, and with the stealth suit guys sneakin behind the infantry groups and ambushin them i was unstoppable. Then i played against a UMs hard army, and won. Wth? So i think the tau could have gotten a bit of more thought. And if boom has shown you my unit list i have almost every tau unit available. I dont know how you guys would do space tho. But im really lookin forward to the mod expansion with tau. XV88 RULES

you do know this is the OW2 portion of the forum, right? Anyways to respond to that, the Leman Russ tanks are bit op'd considering they are the crappiest TT tanks their is that aside from looted Leman Russ's. ....That and Dark Eldar vehicles lol. :lol:
Old Quotes:

#38 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

Boomers Disposable Minion

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  The Lurker-Turned-Poster-Turned-Lurker

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:53 PM

yeah, them dark eldar vehicles are just totally lame...

I would advise you don't put your turrets next to each other against the guard btw, the guns on the russ have splash damage, so it'll damage several turrets at once. Which means they can kill loads of turrets at the same time...

The best way to defeat the cadians as early Tau is to use lots of crisis suits. They're the only way to kill tanks until you get hammerheads and pathfinders.

As soon as you have the new units, crank out a few squads of pathfinders who are stealthed when stationary, and build a shield generator, put them on guard inside the shield, and build a couple of turrets next to them. Virtually un-breakable :rolleyes: The turrets can kill troops and tanks get mauled by rail guns.

Another useful thing to do is build gun drones, in a group they will slaughter infantry, if you can distract the infantry with something disposable like Kroot, all the better.

Another thing, don't attack with Firewarriors or Kroot, not unless you have lots of other things to back them up. Firewarriors are best in defence supporting turrets. Kroot are only good if they outnumber the enemy, or as a distraction.

As you said, Hammerheads are awesome, just don't let the enemy get close or they die very fast. Generally best to use crisis suits, pathfinders and firewarriors all together for main attacks, with a couple of hammers to kill tanks. Stealth suits are also really cool for butchering groups of rocket soldiers, really really useful for killing rocket soldiers :thumbsupsmiley: Just don't ever ever attack a big group of mixed enemy troops or they'll be mauled...
Posted Image

#39 mattanator

mattanator

Ultimentra

• Project Team
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:58 PM

Ya i kinda figured that the stealth would get mauled at close range with the element of surprise. But i totally forgot all about the shield generator. And i usually try to mass the crisis suits but this time really massed em and i follow your dont place turrets together thing. I eventually won. Im getting DoW all 3 games soon, i think im gonna really enjoy them. I also got FoC!
Posted Image

#40 Boomerang Python

Boomerang Python

Only War Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 2,370 posts
  • Projects:Only War, Only War 2
  •  Colonel-Commissar

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:18 PM

FORCES OF CHAOS!
My DeviantArt - Check it out.
Posted Image