194 replies to this topic

#161 cdmtx(YR)

cdmtx(YR)

title available

• Hosted
  • 624 posts
  • Projects:Command & Conquer Destiny

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:18 PM

I don't know why but I like to see a light unbalance in the sides. That's what made RA1 such fun

I wouldn't mind there being a slight unbalance because when everything is perfectly balanced it's boring.

YuriNavalUnit:

DINOSAUR!! Leik one of those ones that was really really big and swam real good and had big pointy teeth!

But a Yuri Dinosaur would make sense- Allies have Dolphins, Sovs have GSquid, Yuri gets Dinoswimmer... cuz Yuri has such good TRex friends...

I leik teh Dinosaur Swimmy swimmy...

That's a good idea but I'm going to give them the Giant Squid instead because it uses mind control technology and the Soviet Army has abandoned mind control technologys for now.
Command & Conquer Destiny, a brand-new YR modification here on Revora, led by myself cdmtx(YR).
Please check out the forum for this brand-new modification. Click Here

Command & Conquer Destiny trailer released!! Take a look Click Here

I need a Maper and an assistant coder. If you are interested or want to start getting involved with moding, please contact me on MSN, AIM, or PM me.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#162 cdmtx(YR)

cdmtx(YR)

title available

• Hosted
  • 624 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:49 AM

I know this is going to sound rather dumb at first, but I'd like to be able to put troops and tanks into formations instead of them all moving in one big huddled mass. Anybody got any ideas on how to do this?

Well I have no idea how to code something like that. What I usually do is a don't become one mass is, I put them into small groups and spread them out manually.

Another strange idea would be to have an announcement whenever enemy aircraft get within the radius of your radar structures, kind of like an early warning system. It would give the player an opportunity to send his own aircraft to dogfight with the opposition. Would also leave open the need for both bombers and fighter planes and strategies on how to best utilize them. I've previously PMed Mig with this idea but have no idea on if he's going to use it, but it would be cool to see it utilized somewhere. :p

Since I added air to air combat that would be a good idea, I'll look into that.
Command & Conquer Destiny, a brand-new YR modification here on Revora, led by myself cdmtx(YR).

I need a Maper and an assistant coder. If you are interested or want to start getting involved with moding, please contact me on MSN, AIM, or PM me.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#163 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:09 AM

Another strange idea would be to have an announcement whenever enemy aircraft get within the radius of your radar structures, kind of like an early warning system. It would give the player an opportunity to send his own aircraft to dogfight with the opposition. Would also leave open the need for both bombers and fighter planes and strategies on how to best utilize them. I've previously PMed Mig with this idea but have no idea on if he's going to use it, but it would be cool to see it utilized somewhere. :p

Since I added air to air combat that would be a good idea, I'll look into that.

It is actually quite a good idea. Just make a weapon that does 1 damage and the versus percentage is say 2%. Then give it's weapon a sound which is like an alarm of some sort, would be neat.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#164 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:49 AM

Yeah, I like that idea too, and I play on mute :p
Perhaps even some radio wave animation as a visual indicator, make it easier to find and warn the offender they've been detected.
As for formations, thats a game limitation - I'd love to order and march units around in formations, but it just cannot be done.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#165 cdmtx(YR)

cdmtx(YR)

title available

• Hosted
  • 624 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:02 PM

It is actually quite a good idea. Just make a weapon that does 1 damage and the versus percentage is say 2%. Then give it's weapon a sound which is like an alarm of some sort, would be neat.

So your saying have an alarm for all enemy units not just aircraft. If you would want to do it for just aircraft you would have to create a new armor type for them right?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#166 Palm

Palm
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Projects:SHPs/Mapping

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:52 AM

Or you could just make the "Alarm Weapon" target aircraft only...

#167 cdmtx(YR)

cdmtx(YR)

title available

• Hosted
  • 624 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:04 AM

Or you could just make the "Alarm Weapon" target aircraft only...

Yeah I'm going to do that. Oh did you get my PM?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#168 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:58 AM

Just make a new projectile which has AA=yes and AG=no.

Posted Image

#169 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:55 AM

Because it can't be done?
Theres a tag from the shield thingo SW, but its only for the player using it, and dunno if it even works with other SW's.
Only way I can think of is combining that with an anim that spawns spies, and that would look crazy and wouldn''t work if the defendant had dogs :p

#170 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:48 AM

Could do a infinite range area fire weapon that has EMP effects. But thats besides the point, its a ridiculous idea imo.

Posted Image

#171 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:51 AM

But EMP is buggy...

#172 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:58 AM

But EMP is buggy...

It is, with RockPatch?

Posted Image

#173 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:42 PM

Well, I only tried once but the anim looped until my comp ran out of memory and closed it :p

#174 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:53 PM

:p

Posted Image

#175 cdmtx(YR)

cdmtx(YR)

title available

• Hosted
  • 624 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:17 PM

Just make a new projectile which has AA=yes and AG=no.

Oh yeah thats right.

A second radar Idea could be a water device. Set short range to detect and subs within its radius, which could help you to defend your naval yard/sub pen/whatever better. Or deploy it to have it ping the whole sea/ocean/river/whatever.

I thought about having naval defenses, but then I decided against them.

Finally, a little note on Tesla

Most of you probably know about his little experiment back in 1899, where he created the largest ever man-made bolt of lightening with the largest Tesla Coil in history. He did this by supercharging the ground. Back then there were no computers or TVs or anything that was earthed (grounded). Imagine what would happen if you set the earth to discharge millions of volts these days. It would kill just about anything electronic. http://www.totse.com...sla/tesla5.html

Anyway, getting to the point. Why not add an oversized Tesla Coil, which instead of zapping the enemy, can be used as a double-edge sword of a super weapon? When activated it kills all power to EVERY base on the map and shoots a rather impressive and large bolt of lightning into the sky.

I'm quite familiar with Tesla's work he was a great inventor who never got the credit that owed to him. Nicola Tesla is going to be in second part of the storyline and will most likely will be in the campaign. The Russians will receive one of Tesla's other weapons. Think you could guess what it is :shiftee:?

Could do a infinite range area fire weapon that has EMP effects. But thats besides the point, its a ridiculous idea imo.

Japan's special technology is EMP, I was thinking about giving them an EMP Patriot Missile Site. What do you think?

Edited by cdmtx(YR), 08 April 2007 - 10:18 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#176 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:37 AM

EMP doesn't work on aircraft.

#177 cdmtx(YR)

cdmtx(YR)

title available

• Hosted
  • 624 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:03 AM

EMP doesn't work on aircraft.

Really, but there units?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#178 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:30 AM

Haven't tried on flying units, but aircraft and infantry, EMP doesn't work.

#179 cdmtx(YR)

cdmtx(YR)

title available

• Hosted
  • 624 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:32 AM

Haven't tried on flying units, but aircraft and infantry, EMP doesn't work.

Well there goes that idea. It was sort of unbalanced anyway.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#180 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:25 AM

It works, not with EMP on aircraft, but the effect is the same. Make a primary weapon with EMP for vehicles and make a secondary weapon without EMP for aircraft. Make sure the secondary weapon will destroy every aircraft in 1 shot. Then just let it spawn the right particles etc and you have our EMP weapon. :thumbsupsmiley:
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users